Mainland vs. Hawaii banner year in 2022.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Mainland vs. Hawaii banner year in 2022.

Post by gopunahou »

ChadFukuoka wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:25 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:17 pm
ChadFukuoka wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Liberty won 25-18, after Kamehameha made it close in the 4th quarter. For several years, Liberty was a top program in Nevada, often only second to Bishop Gorman. I wonder what happened this year, even though they won today, they don't seem to be the powerhouse they used to be.
I think they’ve got a less than glamorous record because they’ve played a top-heavy schedule. The very thing that’s made St. Louis’s record look less-than-glamorous.
It might make you happy or surprised that Damien is leading Iolani 12-10 in the 4th quarter with around 6 minutes left. I would consider this an upset if they hold on.
They likely won’t. But they can’t afford to let this loss haunt them and ruin their season. They ought to take away a lot of positives regardless of whether they win or lose. I know how Damien will feel should they lose tonight. I’ve already watched my team suffer a heartbreaking loss.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Re: Mainland vs. Hawaii banner year in 2022.

Post by ChadFukuoka »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:37 pm
ChadFukuoka wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:25 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:17 pm
I think they’ve got a less than glamorous record because they’ve played a top-heavy schedule. The very thing that’s made St. Louis’s record look less-than-glamorous.
It might make you happy or surprised that Damien is leading Iolani 12-10 in the 4th quarter with around 6 minutes left. I would consider this an upset if they hold on.
They likely won’t. But they can’t afford to let this loss haunt them and ruin their season. They ought to take away a lot of positives regardless of whether they win or lose. I know how Damien will feel should they lose tonight. I’ve already watched my team suffer a heartbreaking loss.
Iolani won 13-12 on a field goal with under 2 minutes left. I didn't realize Iolani has a female kicker, Allison Chang.