March Madness 2022

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

March Madness 2022

Post by shrek2 »

I can probably only watch two basketball games per day if they're good enough but the first round of the NCAA elimination series was pretty eventful for me. I got to watch St. Mary's play almost a NBA type game with Kuhse running the offense. Says a lot for Randy Bennett. The highlight for Indiana was the cheerleader who was able to get the ball off the backboard stantion when the referees couldn't. Kudos to her. Unbelievable that St. Peter's who's undergrad population is 2500 beat Kentucky.

Love the Baylor big men. Run, jump and shoot.

Memphis seeded at 9th, oddsmakers say it should have been higher. Can beat the Zags if they can maintain defensive intensity.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: March Madness 2022

Post by shrek2 »

The UH Wahine got walloped by Baylor 89-49 but lots of wahine went O-for shooting. Amy Atwell was outstanding with 29 points, 13 rebounds. Even if Baylor tried to shut her down in the second half she still got 9 points and 5 reebees.

I can see why CSUF took the Big-West. They gave Duke a tougher time than the 78-61 score would indicate. Tough defense for CSUF.

Still can't figure out why there was no Pac-12 team in the West regional.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:50 am I can probably only watch two basketball games per day if they're good enough but the first round of the NCAA elimination series was pretty eventful for me. I got to watch St. Mary's play almost a NBA type game with Kuhse running the offense. Says a lot for Randy Bennett. The highlight for Indiana was the cheerleader who was able to get the ball off the backboard stantion when the referees couldn't. Kudos to her. Unbelievable that St. Peter's who's undergrad population is 2500 beat Kentucky.

Love the Baylor big men. Run, jump and shoot.

Memphis seeded at 9th, oddsmakers say it should have been higher. Can beat the Zags if they can maintain defensive intensity.
The defensive intensity will be there as long as Williams and Duren don't commit any stupid fouls. Hope they don't turn the ball over 20 times.
ImageImage

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:13 pm The UH Wahine got walloped by Baylor 89-49 but lots of wahine went O-for shooting. Amy Atwell was outstanding with 29 points, 13 rebounds. Even if Baylor tried to shut her down in the second half she still got 9 points and 5 reebees.
I saw the highlights and I first thought it was from an old footage of Baylor playing UH at the Stan Sheriff Arena. Is Baylor's arena a sistah station? I'm on prescription drugs for using "sistah" on a professional blog.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:38 pm
shrek2 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:13 pm The UH Wahine got walloped by Baylor 89-49 but lots of wahine went O-for shooting. Amy Atwell was outstanding with 29 points, 13 rebounds. Even if Baylor tried to shut her down in the second half she still got 9 points and 5 reebees.
I saw the highlights and I first thought it was from an old footage of Baylor playing UH at the Stan Sheriff Arena. Is Baylor's arena a sistah station? I'm on prescription drugs for using "sistah" on a professional blog.
The arena is the same but I guess the wahine didn't check the markings on the floor before taking their shots except for Amy.
https://baylorbears.com/news/2022/3/17/ ... 866c68ecf7
Other than being 3,774 miles and five time zones away, this should also feel familiar for the Hawaii Rainbow Wahine. Hawaii's Stan Sheriff Center arena was built six years later by the same company that did the Ferrell Center, and the capacities are almost identical – 10,385 for the Ferrell Center; 10,300 for the Stan Sheriff Center.
Not a professional blog just locals and local fans talking da kine sports story. As I slept over it, I remember Atwell having 23 in the first half, so she only scored 6 in the second half.

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Post by XLT1000 »

Do you think Baylor is going to win again? Men's. Women's? I thought they were better. But I suppose not.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I thought the Arizona first year coach almost lost one for the Wildcats. Why he had Kariisa Kerr in there for key periods of the game without telling him to shutup and just play I don't know why. He almost went O-fer but he made one three. I thought this supposed big loss before the game should have been told what his role was going to be during the game. This is the first Arizona game I watched but just my feeling is that I would have taken Kerr out in the first half and had him sit down next to me. Arizona won by 5 against TCU primarily because of Koloko. Good thing I don't need $10M a year to live and I really don't want the job. :lol:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

UH Wahine's opponent, Baylor in the first round got eliminated by South Dakota 61-47. Don't watch too much basketball but caught the playoff game between the South Dakota men vs. the North Dakota men and it was a darn good game. They play some basketball in the northern states.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I have to say that the fairy tale is Duke winning it all. Only because Mike Krzyzewski is in his final year. Duke is the only team I can watch and not scream at the TV regarding the coaching. Coach K has a storied career. I hope I can look as good as he looks when I get as old as he is. Everybody on the Duke team can handle the ball.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

With only blue bloods in the final four, oddsmakers are looking at Kentucky and North Carolina. I'd like to see Duke even though North Carolina has Davis, a 6' guard who can make unbelievable layups and Bacut who plays hard but looks like it's just a day at the park. As a side note if these teams are blue blood, I wonder if UH is peasants looking to be knighted?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I think the referees made a big difference in the Duke/NC game. First, there's a no call on a drive by a Duke player that got mauled and ticky tack fouls called on Duke's defense in the end. Oh well, no fairy tale for Coach K.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

U of Kansas City in the men's and U of South Carolina in the women's had the slogan of "Unfinished Business" after the 2020 college basketball tournament was cancelled. Where did I hear that motivation before that lead to a championship?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

One great season and Saint Peter's coach gets snapped up by Seton Hall. It was announced today that three players from that team entered the transfer portal. So much for a repeat next season for the Peacocks.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:40 am One great season and Saint Peter's coach gets snapped up by Seton Hall. It was announced today that three players from that team entered the transfer portal. So much for a repeat next season for the Peacocks.
I think everyone on planet Earth saw this coming!!!!! :roll:

Hell, there's people on Tatoonie who saw this coming!!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Amy Atwell goes pro

Post by shrek2 »

Amy Atwell is selected 27th in the WNBA draft. Way to go Amy. Only the second wahine to go pro.
https://www.kitv.com/news/top-stories/r ... 979a5.html