Girls' Water Polo '22

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Girls' Water Polo '22

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Waterpoloparent wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:33 am Just saw this today. Wanted to fix some errors. Kaiser played HPA and with the final score being 9-6 and with hard work and great defensive playing and speed, Kaiser came in third in states behind Punahou and Kamehameha. Keep in mind that HPA beat Roosevelt in double overtime. Throughout Kaiser’s season, Kaiser’s players were taught to play tough but to also show respect to weaker teams and domination was never allowed. Therefore looking at the scoreboard does not truly reflect the skill levels/scoring ability of the players as in many games they were given restrictions as to when they could score, and how many they could score or not. Did this affect rankings at the ending of the year in terms of 1st, 2nd teams and honorable mention? Possibly. But the weaker teams often were grateful at the end of the game. It’s called playing with toughness but with some humility.
@Waterpoloparent:

Didn't know that Kaiser had that policy. I give them credit.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:49 pm I have to say that I am really tired of reading posts about how butts got kicked ,and how pi—-d some alumni should be . Give it a rest. Tired of hearing about how some schools should make another team “pay” .
@unpaid:

Well, at least one other guy likes it. Can't remember whom; he posted as much, several months ago. Might be on one of the baseball threads. Or, you can simply decide to keep away from this thread, if you wish. Notice that I've been keeping my promise not to post on your "Mainland vs Hawaii banner year" thread? Nonetheless, you're certainly more than welcome to continue posting here if you wish.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

All board members are free to post anywhere they want in the forums and don’t need to be welcome by the member who originates the thread. Have you ever read the board rules about behavior the moderators laid out?There’s one guideline in particular that says” Etiquette.a)No repetitive or agenda posting ( I.e.”Beating a dead horse”). If you come to the message board day after day and consistently say the same thing about the same topic day in and day out, that is being repetitive and or having an agenda.No one is saying that you cannot express an opinion,but this site will not be overrun by the same people coming on the site day after day saying the same things or having an agenda.”

So,when I started that Hawaii vs Mainland thread you waded into the discussion with your usual spiel about no benefits for Hawaii schools(they’ll get injuries ,mainland teams don’t count in the Hawaii championship races, you don’t care about mainland teams,etc). Fine. You made your point. Then,another poster weighed in with possible benefits and you respond with the same points you made near the beginning of the thread and continued repeating them in the same thread. You were beating a dead horse.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:50 am All board members are free to post anywhere they want in the forums and don’t need to be welcome by the member who originates the thread. Have you ever read the board rules about behavior the moderators laid out?There’s one guideline in particular that says” Etiquette.a)No repetitive or agenda posting ( I.e.”Beating a dead horse”). If you come to the message board day after day and consistently say the same thing about the same topic day in and day out, that is being repetitive and or having an agenda.No one is saying that you cannot express an opinion,but this site will not be overrun by the same people coming on the site day after day saying the same things or having an agenda.”

So,when I started that Hawaii vs Mainland thread you waded into the discussion with your usual spiel about no benefits for Hawaii schools(they’ll get injuries ,mainland teams don’t count in the Hawaii championship races, you don’t care about mainland teams,etc). Fine. You made your point. Then,another poster weighed in with possible benefits and you respond with the same points you made near the beginning of the thread and continued repeating them in the same thread. You were beating a dead horse.

@unpaid:

I have never been reprimanded by the mods. If I were guilty of the offense you attribute to me, why wasn't I contacted by the mods? Also, I didn't say you required my permission to post on my thread; I extended it as a courtesy. Also as a courtesy, I volunteered not to post on your Hawaii vs Mainland thread. Now, I've been trying to extend an olive branch, but you appear to continue trying to bait me. You came onto this thread twice, well after I promised not to post on your thread. Was it to bait me? Also, I assure you that I don't get on this message-board with some kind of "agenda." I go the high-school threads, and simply join the conversation.

I invite the mods, and any and all other posters, to weigh-in on this matter. If you would, check all of my posts and unpaid's posts, from the day I promised not to post on his Hawaii vs Mainland thread, to the present. Please post your conclusions. Mods, if you would weigh-in here and notify me as to whom the guilty party is, so this matter can be resolved. Thank-you.