Baseball

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Baseball

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

In the D1 State softball tourney, Mililani beat Kealakehe, 25-0. Still looking like an Iolani - beater. They pounded-out 24 hits, while holding Kealahehe without a hit. Kealakehe did commit 5 errors, so suppose we take-away, say, 4 runs from Mililani. They still win, say, 20-0 or 21-0. Again, Mililani displayed pitching, hitting, and D (no errors). They also slammed 3 HRs. I just hope they don't run-out of pitching. Don't see why they'd "run out" of hitting and D.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:57 pm In the D1 State softball tourney, Mililani beat Kealakehe, 25-0. Still looking like an Iolani - beater. They pounded-out 24 hits, while holding Kealahehe without a hit. Kealakehe did commit 5 errors, so suppose we take-away, say, 4 runs from Mililani. They still win, say, 20-0 or 21-0. Again, Mililani displayed pitching, hitting, and D (no errors). They also slammed 3 HRs. I just hope they don't run-out of pitching. Don't see why they'd "run out" of hitting and D.
The Mililani pitcher tossed a perfect game, striking out all 15 batters in the 5 inning win. Complete perfection, it doesn't get any better than that.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

Also, congrats to Maui Prep for winning the boys golf team title.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:21 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:57 pm In the D1 State softball tourney, Mililani beat Kealakehe, 25-0. Still looking like an Iolani - beater. They pounded-out 24 hits, while holding Kealahehe without a hit. Kealakehe did commit 5 errors, so suppose we take-away, say, 4 runs from Mililani. They still win, say, 20-0 or 21-0. Again, Mililani displayed pitching, hitting, and D (no errors). They also slammed 3 HRs. I just hope they don't run-out of pitching. Don't see why they'd "run out" of hitting and D.
The Mililani pitcher tossed a perfect game, striking out all 15 batters in the 5 inning win. Complete perfection, it doesn't get any better than that.
@ChadFukuoka:

She's going to need to be just as good to guarantee a win against Iolani tonight, if she's pitching tonight. Don't know how many pitchers Mililani has, but if she's that good, I hope she throws tonight. (Unlike baseball, softball pitchers can pitch consecutive days.) Saw her name in today's paper: Ashley Ogata. Ashley, if you're reading this, I hope you kick butt on the mound tonight, just as you did last night. Please make it happen. If you do, you'll have removed a major obstacle for yourself, your team, and your school. Whip it!

Go Trojans

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@ChadFukuoka:

In the D2 State softball tourney, Aiea whipped Honokaa, 17-0. Honokaa had--wait for it--9 errors. What's more, according to ScoringLive, Honokaa's record is 1-4. How does a school with that record, end-up in a State tourney?

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:10 pm @ChadFukuoka:

In the D2 State softball tourney, Aiea whipped Honokaa, 17-0. Honokaa had--wait for it--9 errors. What's more, according to ScoringLive, Honokaa's record is 1-4. How does a school with that record, end-up in a State tourney?
It's probably due to Honokaa not playing a full schedule, some of their games were canceled, likely due to covid. They only played 4 regular season games, while the league champ, Hawaii Prep, was 8-0. If Honokaa played a complete schedule, they probably wouldn't have qualified.

Damien was 2-12 entering the baseball state tournament, but that is because they mostly played ILH D1 teams. I think the only other team that is D2 for baseball in the ILH is Pac-5.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@ChadFukuoka:

Yeah; and to think that Damien won the D2 State title. I guess, like you said, those 12 losses all came against D1 schools. (Well, I think one of those losses came against Pac-Five.)

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:28 am
ChadFukuoka wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:21 pm
@ChadFukuoka:

She's going to need to be just as good to guarantee a win against Iolani tonight, if she's pitching tonight. Don't know how many pitchers Mililani has, but if she's that good, I hope she throws tonight. (Unlike baseball, softball pitchers can pitch consecutive days.) Saw her name in today's paper: Ashley Ogata. Ashley, if you're reading this, I hope you kick butt on the mound tonight, just as you did last night. Please make it happen. If you do, you'll have removed a major obstacle for yourself, your team, and your school. Whip it!

Go Trojans
Ashley isn't pitching. Don't know why. If Iolani gets even a 1-run lead, I hope Mililani's HC puts her in.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Nope. Iolani wins, 10-4. Mililani outhit them, 12-9, but also committed 3 errors to Iolani's none. That Ogata girl didn't pitch that game for Mililani. Don't know if the girl they did use was their ace, but you'd think if Ogata struck-out every girl she faced in the Kealakehe game, why not pitch her against Iolani? Did her pitch-count prohibit that? Don't know. But what a disappointment, especially for her, after pitching such a rare gem. I'd imagine Mililani alumni are pissed thoroughly enough, too. I thought the outcome thoroughly sucked.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Maryknoll beats Iolani for the D1 State softball title, 5-2. That's the outcome I wanted. The margin of victory didn't matter; I just didn't want to see Iolani win.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:25 pm Maryknoll beats Iolani for the D1 State softball title, 5-2. That's the outcome I wanted. The margin of victory didn't matter; I just didn't want to see Iolani win.
It's also the first state softball title for Maryknoll. I know they have had success in basketball, but I don't believe their baseball or softball teams have had a ton of past success.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Well, as you said, this is their first State softball title, and I'm not sure whether they've won any ILH titles yet. (Iolani won the D1 ILH title this year.) Don't think their baseball team has won a State title yet, or even an ILH title. But, they were pretty good this year, and as I recall, they were pretty decent in '04, too.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

It's an all Kauai D2 softball final tomorrow night, as Waimea and Kapaa play for the title. It's nice to see teams from the smallest league win state titles.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@ChadFukuoka:

Well, it would have been better yet if your alma mater, Aiea, had made it to the final. But, at least they made the tourney.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

Kapaa leads 13-5 in the 6th inning. This has been a great year for them, also winning the state D2 football title.