Virginia transfer OL Micah Mariteragi (from Kahuku HS) commits

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Virginia transfer OL Micah Mariteragi (from Kahuku HS) commits

Post by kapakahi »

Virginia transfer OL Micah Mariteragi (from Kahuku HS) commits....with at least 2 to play 2 (but possibly 3 to play 3).

https://virginiasports.com/player/micah-mariteragi/ https://twitter.com/MoStreet_/status/1494873121320435713 https://twitter.com/NCAAFNation247/status/1475479307535503362
Last edited by kapakahi on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Virginia transfer OT Micah Mariteragi (from Kahuku HS) commits

Post by Irse »

Nice. We need a few more
ImageImage

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Virginia transfer OL Micah Mariteragi (from Kahuku HS) commits

Post by Waryor »

Nice pickup, I think he went on a mission, so could still have 3 years eligibility left

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Another one I wanted out of high school. Could be a growing trend. :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Much needed depth at OG...seems like a good technical blocker....might need to add some lbs and hit the weight room harder.
Last edited by Palolo_2LA on Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Waryor wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:17 pm Nice pickup, I think he went on a mission, so could still have 3 years eligibility left
I think you're right him going on a mission. He apparently was at Virginia in 2018 and 2019, then went on the mission. There's an exception to the normal 5 to play 4 rules for guys who go on a mission where the clock pauses until after their mission. So he could have 3 years not even considering the extra Covid year he might have.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:26 pm
Waryor wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:17 pm Nice pickup, I think he went on a mission, so could still have 3 years eligibility left
I think you're right him going on a mission. He apparently was at Virginia in 2018 and 2019, then went on the mission. There's an exception to the normal 5 to play 4 rules for guys who go on a mission where the clock pauses until after their mission. So he could have 3 years not even considering the extra Covid year he might have.
Would be nice if he got 4 years to play. getting a 22 year old freshman.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Welp we will see what happens

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

There was a huge scrap at Kahuku's graduation...obviously he's going to be responsible for what he did , but there was a swarm of ppl scrapping and $hit happens sometimes. That girl shouldn't have been rushing towards combatants if she didn’t was to participate.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:22 pm There was a huge scrap at Kahuku's graduation...obviously he's going to be responsible for what he did , but there was a swarm of ppl scrapping and $hit happens sometimes. That girl shouldn't have been rushing towards combatants if she didn’t was to participate.
If you weren't there don't claim to know what happened preceding the incident. We don't know what he was thinking/doing or what she was thinking/doing. But bottom line he knocked her out. Video shows it. Well video shows a guy hitting a girl. I can neither confirm nor deny the identity of those in the video. I can only go by what is in the description.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:48 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:22 pm There was a huge scrap at Kahuku's graduation...obviously he's going to be responsible for what he did , but there was a swarm of ppl scrapping and $hit happens sometimes. That girl shouldn't have been rushing towards combatants if she didn’t was to participate.
If you weren't there don't claim to know what happened preceding the incident. We don't know what he was thinking/doing or what she was thinking/doing. But bottom line he knocked her out. Video shows it. Well video shows a guy hitting a girl. I can neither confirm nor deny the identity of those in the video. I can only go by what is in the description.
My mom and sis were there. It was definitely Micah.
Last edited by Palolo_2LA on Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:18 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:48 pm
My mom and sis were there. It was definitely Micah.
Ok I that wasn't really in doubt for me. Just the part of the intentions of he and the girl and their reasons why I don't think people should assume unless they were there and could give eyewitness accounts. Thats all I was saying. Like I said we will see what happens.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw the above post on the opening page of this website. As was mentioned by other guys, there should be no rush to judgement; it remains to be sorted-out as to who's guilty, etc. But, unfortunately, this whole incident puts Kahuku High in a bad light, especially since it was caught on video. A high school graduation should be a happy yet dignified event; I'm sorry that this incident happened. Kahuku alumni must be pissed about it, and rightfully so.