UH Men's Basketball Thread 2021-22

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
All-American
All-American

Re: UH Men's Basketball Thread 2021-22

Post by 808 »

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Treyman »

Better late than never. Solid additions to roster. Now time to coach them up and develop into cohesive unit. Pivotal year for Eran to get beyond 16-13 season. Hope for the best but need to see the results come November

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This should be an interesting year with the addition of three recruits. Ganot has to focus on defense and turn that into offense something UH has been missing in the last four years.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I know people are losing patience with Ganot, but I think we need to give him a few more seasons. It feels like the recruiting changed/got better over the last 2 years or so and will continue to improve with the Transfer Portal being a big part of that. Riley Wallace mined the junior colleges and internationals to maintain depth and to limit the rebuilding years. Ganot can do that with the portal. We've shown that we can do it with grad transfers.

last season could have gone way worse when Avea and Munoz got hurt before the first game, but they stayed competitive and finally got out of the first round of the conference tourney. I think that had to do with finally being able to field the kind of 3-point shooting and defensive athleticism and length that Ganot wants to employ with Coleman, Madut, Hepa, Desrosiers, and DaSilva on the floor together. Depth was impacted by the injuries, unfortunately, and luckily McClanahan outperformed his expectations.

I worry about how we will replace Desorsiers's toughness next season. Good thing Amadou Sow graduated...

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Mildly optimistic for next season. Hopefully Avea's back responds positively to treatment. He was sorely missed this past season.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Anyone know if Mouhamed Gueye from Wazzu is related to former UH fwd Ahmet Gueye? They are both from Senegal. He played at Prolific Prep (same as Seck Mor) and entered the transfer portal a few days ago.