Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

2022 Island Day, Junior Day, Spring Game Set for 4/16

Post by ulua »

Just curious if UH has set their spring practice dates?

Also if I heard it right in one of TC conference or interviews, practice will be open to the public?

Am hoping it’s open so we can get some reports on how the team looks and how they are progressing and
Stuff like that

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: 2022 Spring Practice

Post by Irse »

IIRC, I think it starts on Mar. 15. Every Tues, Thurs, Sat. Open to the public.
ImageImage

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

Irse wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:13 pm IIRC, I think it starts on Mar. 15. Every Tues, Thurs, Sat. Open to the public.
Thanks Irse

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Can we now see a return of the "Quarry reports"? :D
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Things opening up and COVID restrictions easing. Hopefully this keeps up and you truly diehard Warrior fans who previously attended the practices can do so again. Sure do miss those practice reports.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Too bad they can’t do that spring thing at the stadium that JJ did. I remember watching them going thru plays switching quarterbacks. I saw this one player and thought maybe he should be the starter. I found out later his name was Moniz.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

RedZone wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:41 am Too bad they can’t do that spring thing at the stadium that JJ did. I remember watching them going thru plays switching quarterbacks. I saw this one player and thought maybe he should be the starter. I found out later his name was Moniz.
I would agree with that too, but since UH won't be playing at the stadium, there is no point. And save charter bus $$$$.

I recall "first time" see Moniz. There were 4 (or 3) UH QBs walking side by side, and wondering.. "who's that short guy..he get chance or what.."

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/UH_FBRecruits/status/1496961053598437378

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

kapakahi wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:29 pm https://twitter.com/UH_FBRecruits/status/1496961053598437378
Thanks for this post, is it strange that the sprint game is before the last practice, I would figure it would be the last practice of spring?
Either way can't wait to to see how things go.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

ulua wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:57 pm
kapakahi wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:29 pm https://twitter.com/UH_FBRecruits/status/1496961053598437378
Thanks for this post, is it strange that the sprint game is before the last practice, I would figure it would be the last practice of spring?
i wondered about that too.

i'm guessing coach chang realizes that weaknesses exposed by the spring game, the last of spring practice opportunities, go uncorrected until summer practices start up. having three practice sessions after the spring game gives him time to correct weaknesses in players' execution as well as in coaching techniques.

now, i am wondering if other coaches do this as well, and if not, will this become the standard in the future for other coaches.

i hope there will be food and drink concessions for the spring game along with logo items. i need a new shirt and a hat would be good, too.
Last edited by st808 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

st808 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:50 am

i'm guessing coach ching realizes that weaknesses exposed by the spring game, the last of spring practice opportunities, go uncorrected until summer practices start up. having three practice sessions after the spring game gives him time to correct weaknesses in players' execution as well as in coaching techniques.

now, i am wondering if other coaches do this as well, and if not, will this become the standard in the future for other coaches.

i hope there will be food and drink concessions for the spring game along with logo items. i need a new shirt and a hat would be good, too.
Ahh this makes sense.
I miss the Rainbotique or H Zone store that was in ward. No real good place to get good UH merch. nowadays

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

ulua wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:17 am

i'm guessing coach ching realizes that weaknesses exposed by the spring game, the last of spring practice opportunities, go uncorrected until summer practices start up. having three practice sessions after the spring game gives him time to correct weaknesses in players' execution as well as in coaching techniques.

Ahh this makes sense.
I miss the Rainbotique or H Zone store that was in ward. No real good place to get good UH merch. nowadays
The football spring game is on the 4/16 because there are too many other events happening on lower campus on 4/23. The MWC MVB tournament championship game and a softball game are going on that night.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:46 pm
ulua wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:17 am

Ahh this makes sense.
The football spring game is on the 4/16 because there are too many other events happening on lower campus on 4/23. The MWC MVB tournament championship game and a softball game are going on that night.
and here i was hyping coach chang like he was an innovative genius.

still, having a few practices after the spring game could work.
Last edited by st808 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

There are a few schools who have put their spring showcase scrimmage games a few practices before the limit of practices allowed by the NCAA,and for the same reason mentioned in the above post .Hawaii isn’t the first school to do it, but I think it makes sense. When your O starters Go against your D starters you get an idea of where your team is at. Like the previous poster said, you have 2-3 more practices to tweak things on both sides of the ball before summer camp. Good for Coach Chang. This approach gets you ahead of the curve,so to speak.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1505967256961912836 https://twitter.com/ESPNHonolulu/status/1506071497818849282