DATE TBA
atSan Jose State
Time TBA ET | TV TBA

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: 2022 Schedule

Post by st808 »

too early to call it a 15-0 season? with an outside chance of going 16-0?

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

We better not take New Mexico State lightly!
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

bigislandkurt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:43 pm We better not take New Mexico State lightly!
Or Wyoming. [-X You all embarrassed us in Laramie last year!

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

Maybe can beat Nevada since they are kind of in the same boat. Norvell really emptied Nevada's roster when he left. But, be that as it may, I heard they might snag a four-star QB out of Oklahoma State who has limited playing time. Of course, sometimes putting a four star behind a shaky oline can make him look like a one star.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:53 pm
bigislandkurt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:43 pm We better not take New Mexico State lightly!
I dunno, apparently we beat you at your house with a bunch of disgruntled, uninspired players who no longer loved the game. Do you still have the same coach? He's a great one, isn't he? LOL...

I don't like beginning the year with the Big ten champion.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Way to early prediction for Hawaii Football 2022 first five non-conference games.

1. Vanderbilt is frequent bottom of the SEC Football program. That in 2021 went 2W-10L and barely beat Colorado State at Colorado State 24-21. I'm not factoring in recruiting, coach changes, transfer portal, just what has been the historical performances of all the teams on the 2022 schedule. Because this is the first game of the season, and the best time to catch any P5 team slipping. This is a very winnable game for Hawaii at home in Ching Field. If this game gets moved off the island, then all bets are off. Then this will be most likely a loss. Keeping this a home field game on Aug 27 is crucial.

Close win by Hawaii, mid-low scoring game 22-20.

2. WKU is a really good team as of lately, they used to be the laughingstock of college football but not anymore. They played against UTSA in the Conf USA Championship game and barely lost. They went 9-5 last season and have a high-powered offense, this will be no joke!! Even though this is another home game at Ching field the is going most likely a loss for Hawaii. Unless in the second game Hawaii offense makes huge strides in improvement it will be tough to keep up with the WKU offense. But WKU doesn't play defense either.

Close loss by Hawaii 48-41, both teams defense are going to be in for a track meet, so it might come down to who has the ball last.

3. Michigan Big Ten Champions that made it to the CFP. This one is at the Big House at Michigan. Even though this will be Hawaii 3rd game of the season, Michigan will have game tape to scout Hawaii by then. Michigan is a big boy football team and it's hard to say that after Michigan got a beat down against a bigger boy football team in Georgia. But Hawaii has had a hard time against big boy football teams like Wisconsin, which Michigan is similar too. Hawaii will go to the Ann Arbor, Michigan and it will be an ugly day against Jim Harbough Coached team.

Blowout loss 51-10 on the road.

4. Duquesne Dukes are an FCS that played Hawaii many years ago, that went 7-3 in 2021. This is a home field game at Ching Field, so should be a win without question, by how much is TBD. Losing this game is not an option for Timmy Chang and Hawaii.

I expect Hawaii to put on a second half clinic on the Dukes, 45-24 easy win.

5. Mew Mexico State is non-conference independent that has much history with Hawaii. But Hawaii blew them out in 2021 41-21 at Las Cruces. This one is a home game at Ching Field game. This should another win on Hawaii schedule for 2022. There is no excuse for Hawaii not to win this game!

Respectable win by Hawaii 38-28.

Before the MWC schedule begins, Timmy Chang and his staff could have Hawaii at 3-2 or even 4-1 if they pull off the unlikely upset against WKU.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

When I look at the schedule, I can't help but see that this was "Todd Graham's" schedule. And a quick flash of how they would do (before the 19 transfers.) Now, no reference point on how they will do against this schedule.

Todd Graham: 7-5

TChang: Could be 2-10 or 8-4.

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Post by XLT1000 »

Do you think Timmy Chang will implement yelling at practice to get his point across? Really hard to tell yet how the Warriors will do. But looking at the roster, they've got pretty big players. So they'll be able to block. And run also. I think they'll go with what Timmy knows. The run-and-shoot. Vanderbilt, they'll come away with a win. But for the rest of the games, not sure yet.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Early odds for UH’s first 2 home games against non-MWC competition….as home dogs…
https://twitter.com/SSN_Hawaii/status/1528619128365326337

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Milwaukee, ATL
NBA: Boston [NHL:Vancouver]
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by roygbivs »

wyokie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:53 pm

=; Wasn’t expecting that what transpired over there, it was one of those hard to imagine kinda game, like what the hell is going on here?!?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Nationally televised 2022 season games…. https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1529896117642702887

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

The only guaranteed loss is to Michigan. Michigan gave us a better beating last time than Georgia gave us in the Sugar Bowl. I know Big Blue is upset that their coach hasn't delivered a National Championship yet, but look how long it took Georgia to reclaim the crown: It took 41 years.

I like this group of Warriors. The head coach and much of the staff have connections Hawaii: to the previous winning coach and winning coaches past. They are connected to the culture. I can't say the same for the results of most of our past awkward discharges of head coaches. The team potential is unprecedented for Hawaii. I have never seen such depth at quarterback as we do now...never. The transfer portal has been good to us. The recruiting spirit has netted some gems. The play-time extensions will deliver some awesome performances by many of my favorite players. I think we're in a position to have another miracle season. While last year was nothing like the final season of VonStupid, we will be pleasantly underestimated. Hence, it will appear to be a miracle season.

I see no other guaranteed losses for Hawaii.