Shoe, Ena, Irvin not retained

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Who would you like to see on Timmy's Staff?

Post by gpmcconnell »

uhwarriors wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:24 am I've included multiple possibilities for most of the assistant slots. In cases where a coach has background at multiple positions, so I've listed them in all spots. Special teams is conundrum for me and I included guys that should be on the staff somewhere even though it doesn't appear that they have ST backgrounds.

I realize there are only 10 assistants allowed. We don't know if TC will be the OC. If he is, he'll need to fill the QB and RB slots. If he isn't, it's a question as to how he fills the OC, QB and RB slots. The same coach can fill two of the slots. Thus I've designated 11 positions.

I think Mark Banker has retired. But I'd take Mark Banker in any capacity on the defensive side if he still wants to coach. He along with Morrison and/or Suan would add a lot of experience that TC could draw from.

For those unaware of Anthony Arceneaux's background, he's a St. Louis HS WR that played at Utah. He coached ST and Receivers at Southern Utah for 5 years, Receivers at UC Davis for 1 year and just got the WR job with Nevada.

OC Craig Stutzmann, Dan Morrison or Brian Smith
QB Stutzmann, Morrison
RB Smith, Wes Suan
WR Anthony Arceneaux, Jeremiah Cockeran, Kim McCloud
OL John Estes

DC Mark Banker, Corey Batoon
DL Ricky Logo, Rod York, Banker
LB Solomon Eliminian, Jacob Yoro, Banker
CB Abe Eliminian
S Yoro, McCloud, Richard Torres, Banker
ST Arceneaux, Yoro, McCloud, Torres, Banker
I like all of those. Hope Stutz and Logo can get the shot or the religious exception. Would be great to have Stutz back

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Abraham Elimimian and Jacob Yoro are among the assistant coaches expected to be retained on the University of Hawaii’s coaching staff.

Timmy Chang, who was hired as head coach on Saturday, is beginning to assemble his coaching staff.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/ ... ssistants/

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

👍🏻😀
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

https://twitter.com/StephenTsai/status/1485711286281199623

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 am https://twitter.com/StephenTsai/status/1485711286281199623
I like where this is going. :D
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

poidog wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:25 pm
Would Rod York want to join the staff and bring Mililani's best with him?
I just had a felling...

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Hoping it's York...he's created a great legacy at Mililani. Can we get a bigger pipeline from Mililani?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:53 am
Abraham Elimimian and Jacob Yoro are among the assistant coaches expected to be retained on the University of Hawaii’s coaching staff.

Timmy Chang, who was hired as head coach on Saturday, is beginning to assemble his coaching staff.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/ ... ssistants/
Great New!! :hello1: :hello1:

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@Palolo_2LA:

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw your post on the sportshawaii opening screen. I was thinking that if York were to join Chang's staff, Mililani alumni would be pissed, because York put their alma mater on the football map. Mililani is now right up there with St Louis and Kahuku. That's a very exclusive "club". Interestingly, Chang, of course, is a St Louis alumnus. York, meanwhile, is an Iolani alumnus. If York were to jump Mililani's ship, I wonder who Mililani would hire to replace him.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 am Hoping it's York...he's created a great legacy at Mililani. Can we get a bigger pipeline from Mililani?
Who else could it be? I am old enough to remember watching him play DT at UH. They used to put the picture of the defender who made the tackle on the big screen at Aloha Stadium, and he popped up quite a few times.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@Duster:

I would think Mililani alumni are defecating bricks. I've got to believe they don't want York to go. I can't even begin to imagine how many texts York might be receiving right about now.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Duster wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:25 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 am Hoping it's York...he's created a great legacy at Mililani. Can we get a bigger pipeline from Mililani?
Who else could it be? I am old enough to remember watching him play DT at UH. They used to put the picture of the defender who made the tackle on the big screen at Aloha Stadium, and he popped up quite a few times.
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:11 am @Palolo_2LA:

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw your post on the sportshawaii opening screen. I was thinking that if York were to join Chang's staff, Mililani alumni would be pissed, because York put their alma mater on the football map. Mililani is now right up there with St Louis and Kahuku. That's a very exclusive "club". Interestingly, Chang, of course, is a St Louis alumnus. York, meanwhile, is an Iolani alumnus. If York were to jump Mililani's ship, I wonder who Mililani would hire to replace him.
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:27 am @Duster:

I would think Mililani alumni are defecating bricks. I've got to believe they don't want York to go. I can't even begin to imagine how many texts York might be receiving right about now.
Other than between Saint Louis & Damien back in the day, the only real ILH rivalry is between Punahou and everyone else.

Would appreciate you elaborating further on why the Mililani alumni would be pissed (at who?) if York left. When the Lee brothers left Saint Louis for UH, my Saint Louis alum friends were definitely sad (some depressed) but they weren't pissed. That's why the Lee brothers were welcomed back with open arms.

BTW my Saint Louis alum friends confirmed to me that Timmy is tight with York....and has been for years.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Rod York's season tickets (at Aloha Stadium) were in my section. the guy bleeds green and perhaps the time is right?

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:11 am @Palolo_2LA:

I assume Darnell or Ma'a would take over. Many of the coaches been there for a long time. Yorks done about awesome job of recruiting Waianae and Ewa kids to Mililani and the blueprint is set.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hard at work https://twitter.com/abe_elimimian/status/1485776611408441349