Justus Tavai Transfers to SDSU

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Justus Tavai Transfers to SDSU

Post by ulua »

Justus Tavai In Portal

Please AD stop the bleeding!!!

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Footb ... nkey=24119

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Justus Tavai In Transfer Portal

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:56 pm https://twitter.com/JustusTavai/status/1475959352880103428 https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1475960203510169610 https://twitter.com/247SportsPortal/status/1475960435677532170

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane: "he was no Ma'a Tanuvasa so NBD..."

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

poidog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 pm
cabanalane: "he was no Ma'a Tanuvasa so NBD..."
That was almost 30 year ago....so the players today don't know or care.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Good luck Justus. You were one of my favorite players. Thank you for playing for Hawaii. Take care.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

poidog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 pm cabanalane: "he was no Ma'a Tanuvasa so NBD..."
Since you posted for me. I'll add he's too short for DL. He started because there's really no one else. I think this is where UH recruiting is wrong. Just because one brother is awesome, we have to take the other.

Then I understand about the idea of Ohana. But this is football.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 pm
poidog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 pm cabanalane: "he was no Ma'a Tanuvasa so NBD..."
Since you posted for me. I'll add he's too short for DL. He started because there's really no one else. I think this is where UH recruiting is wrong. Just because one brother is awesome, we have to take the other.

Maa Tanuvasa's NFL Combine measurements were 6'2" and 277 pounds. Tavai is listed as 6'3" and 290 pounds. I'm not comparing their play as Tanuvasa is one of the all time best defensive lineman to come out of Hawaii.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BowTow wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:22 am
cabanalane wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Maa Tanuvasa's NFL Combine measurements were 6'2" and 277 pounds. Tavai is listed as 6'3" and 290 pounds. I'm not comparing their play as Tanuvasa is one of the all time best defensive lineman to come out of Hawaii.
Thanks for backing up my point. I simply took issue with people downplaying our mass talent drain with the reasoning being that if they weren't all-timers that it was no big deal that they were leaving. DL depth is important, and Tavai, whether he was "too short" or what has made plays for us and added depth at DL. If he was the only guy who left, it would be a different story.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

XLT1000 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:33 am What number was Ma'a Tanuvasa? In college. When he played for Hawai'i? I know he went to the pros, NFL. And won with Denver. Is he in Denver? Or did he return to Hawai'i? I thought I saw him on TV in Hawai'i playing a round of golf. With someone.
#96.

I remember seeing him doing lunges down the length of Ching field hold logs (80lbs per) when we (Kapahulu) played Waianae for a state championship in Pee Wees.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Dana Directo, Isaaco Sapoaga, Kennedy Tulimasealii, Blessman Ta'ala...there were plenty of superstars to hold the D-line for Hawaii over the years. Some made it to the NFL...some didn't. The Tavai's were good for Hawaii. Hawaii was also good for the Tavai's. Many graduate transfers have left Hawaii to play for other teams over the years. I regret seeing Muasau, Mardner, and Tavai the most. I actually believe we won the transfer battle this year. Let's look forward. Let's put this behind us. Aloha.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I was hoping someone would post where he went to. Looked it up on the internet and found that he is at SDSU, third game of the season. At least he's closer to home so maybe his family can see him play if he's on the depth chart.
https://goaztecs.com/sports/football/ro ... tavai/7714

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:10 pm I was hoping someone would post where he went to. Looked it up on the internet and found that he is at SDSU, third game of the season. At least he's closer to home so maybe his family can see him play if he's on the depth chart.
He'll play with his brother.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:15 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:10 pm I was hoping someone would post where he went to. Looked it up on the internet and found that he is at SDSU, third game of the season. At least he's closer to home so maybe his family can see him play if he's on the depth chart.
He'll play with his brother.
So cool that the brothers will be pushing/pulling for each other. I remember when Justus first came to UH, big bro, Jahlani was at a UH baseball game with little bro. Best wishes to the Tavai family.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Slated to start for Aztecs alongside his younger brother (and team captain) Jonah for the upcoming season opener against Arizona.... https://twitter.com/sdutkirKDKenney/status/1563653646222364673