Hawaii Bowl Cancelled Due to UH Covid, Transfers, Injuries or Act of God

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Hawaii Bowl Cancelled Due to UH Covid, Transfers, Injuries or Act of God

Post by UnBiasFan »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:44 am Todd Graham and the administration decided that the health and welfare of the players was paramount. Plus let's be serious Hawaii Football team didn't have Chevan and enough starters to even compete against Memphis. Todd Graham knew that Memphis would have put a rutz type blowout on Hawaii and the fans would have been asking for his head on the firing chopping block. He used the health and welfare as a tactical retreat to save himself from a Hawaii public outcry for his dismissal.
There are some positions you can throw guys into. But the game is too fast and physical to hobble together an offensive line. I suspect there was no depth in the trenches. The so-called skill positions are easy to replace and make a game of hit. You just throw the rock down the field.

And Chevan has nothing to with this. Given his inconsistent play, it would be stupid to play him in this environment even if he didn’t squirrel off to San Jose.
Last edited by UnBiasFan on Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Looks like UH goes 6-8 with Hawaii Bowl trophy going to Memphis.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/stat ... KwpX6XmRCz

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:12 pm Looks like UH goes 6-8 with Hawaii Bowl trophy going to Memphis.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/stat ... KwpX6XmRCz
I am not sure you even hang that one in the display case.

My suggestion is we schedule an out of conference game and play for it. Then we play a rivalry game every few years for it.

Would be a great story line decades into the future. Call it the pandemic trophy.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Bowl game canceled - Act of God?

Post by wyokie »

202Warrior wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:01 am
SundayJam wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:16 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:32 am TG talks all the time about his faith. Wonder if this is punishment for his misdeeds by his beloved guy in the sky?
How about the act of all the stupid people denying science?!! Is this an act of God or an act of stupidity? Please people, take this pandemic seriously. You've only got one last chance to take a shot...it's all you've got...do not make an Eminem stab at a last chance for a jab. You've only got to realize that to socialize in this day in age is to give up on your dreams it seems. Is it fair? I don't care. It simply is.

I had high hopes for another bowl win. I'm not gonna hate on Graham. If you haven't read any of my posts, you don't know who I am.

We know you…U da hammah fo da grammah! You get mo edumication than us locals and u one High Makamaka. Hammah…das u. My apologies fo my grammah, Ladat.
I think I've been on this board WAY too long. I actually understood what you said, 202Warrior!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Hawaii Bowl Cancelled Due to UH Covid, Transfers and Injuries

Post by wyokie »

couz808 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:24 pm Now the UH basketball game in the diamond head classic is cancelled tomorrow.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/12/ ... 19-issues/
Kinda saw that coming.

Wyoming finished 2-1 in the tourny and got 5th. Good experience for our players.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:44 am Todd Graham and the administration decided that the health and welfare of the players was paramount. Plus let's be serious Hawaii Football team didn't have Chevan and enough starters to even compete against Memphis. Todd Graham knew that Memphis would have put a rutz type blowout on Hawaii and the fans would have been asking for his head on the firing chopping block. He used the health and welfare as a tactical retreat to save himself from a Hawaii public outcry for his dismissal.
Exactly. 20 guys down would have equal a loss. Cancelling the game is good for TG. This way TG would not be fired.

And give TG time and an exit strategy to accept another job offer.

Or Hawaii will be awesome next year. All the guys that want "out" are out. Those who stay are in. Everyone on the team buys into the TG approach.

"House divided can not stand, you are either in or out." NBA coach Pat Riley.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

cabanalane wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:35 pm
Exactly. 20 guys down would have equal a loss. Cancelling the game is good for TG. This way TG would not be fired.

Or Hawaii will be awesome next year. All the guys that want "out" are out. Those who stay are in. Everyone on the team buys into the TG approach.

Graham is not getting fired. That would take a real scandal. Not gossip generated by some disgruntled players.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:39 am
cabanalane wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Graham is not getting fired. That would take a real scandal. Not gossip generated by some disgruntled players.
At this point I don't care if Todd Graham get fired or not. Todd Graham is only halfway through his contract, so I haven't seen enough to judge either way. But everybody knew Hawaii would have had a tough task to even the game close even if the inconsistent Chevan was still playing which he is not. And Schlager didn't impress anybody during his time as the starter this season, next season should be a huge step forward... Maybe? Hard to say? With a huge roster turnover for various reasons, next season might be another 6-7 or 5-8 season or worse.

Plus, let's be clear don't confuse the health and safety of the players which is justified and we all are in agreement. I'm stating that this situation was a perfect opportunity for Todd Graham to dodge the preverbal bullet by not playing a Memphis team that would have made him look worse at home on National TV. And that would have just added even more fuel to the fire for the fans to call for his firing.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:50 am … I'm stating that this situation was a perfect opportunity for Todd Graham to dodge the preverbal bullet by not playing a Memphis team that would have made him look worse at home on National TV. And that would have just added even more fuel to the fire for the fans to call for his firing.
There is zero evidence that Graham lacks character and integrity as your post infers. Your post is utter bull crap in my humble unbias opinion.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:26 pm
WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:50 am … I'm stating that this situation was a perfect opportunity for Todd Graham to dodge the preverbal bullet by not playing a Memphis team that would have made him look worse at home on National TV. And that would have just added even more fuel to the fire for the fans to call for his firing.
There is zero evidence that Graham lacks character and integrity as your post infers. Your post is utter bull crap in my humble unbias opinion.
At this point I don't care if Todd Graham get fired or not. Todd Graham is only halfway through his contract, so I haven't seen enough to judge either way. However, it is funny how Memphis coaches had better control over their players and didn't have a Todd Graham mass loss of institutional control COVID incident? Just saying!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:30 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:26 pm
At this point I don't care if Todd Graham get fired or not. Todd Graham is only halfway through his contract, so I haven't seen enough to judge either way. However, it is funny how Memphis coaches had better control over their players and didn't have a Todd Graham mass loss of institutional control COVID incident? Just saying!
Maybe they were all vax’d. But they can’t play because …. Because they positive but vax’d? What kind of bull crap is that? The authorities have a lot of explaining to do. Because we all got vax’d. Were these players and coaches vax’d? I say absolutely most likely most were. So if they were VAX’d and got COVID …. Who’s fault is that?

And, I don’t know what the government is reporting anymore. If you read the StarAdvertiser daily report —- I mean actually read it —- it says nothing reported on the COVID cases is actually confirmed.

Here it is … “State health officials have been including probable infections in its total case counts. Probable infections include people who never received a confirmatory test but are believed to have had the virus because of their known exposure and symptoms ...”
Last edited by UnBiasFan on Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

notice: user unbiasfan has been banned for a period of 6 months due to multiple instances of rule breaking, the last happening earlier in this thread

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

ubercow wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:55 pm notice: user unbiasfan has been banned for a period of 6 months due to multiple instances of rule breaking, the last happening earlier in this thread
Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo ubercow!!!

\:D/
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.