Graham Sets Up Players Council

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: Graham Sets Up Players Council

Post by uhwarriors »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:19 pm Either this was just going through the motions for Graham which didn't stop the bleeding or players could sense the hypocrisy of the idea. Either way, this is probably Graham's last stint.
Yep, it was all shibai. If he really believed a player's council was important, he would have set up the player's council when he first got here like Jones, McMackin, Chow and Rolovich did. He's the type where communication is one way. He's not a give and take type who listens to what others have to say.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Graham Sets Up Players Council

Post by SundayJam »

poidog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:45 am
TheDuke wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:01 am interesting how fans attribute catching the football and drops to coaching. A coach coaches and a player executes. You can coach how to catch a football. At the end of the day it is the players responsibility to catch the damn ball. It is also very interesting how fans take a players word that a coach doesn't know how to coach over a coaches experience coaching and years of experience over a back up walk-on who is lucky to be on a team. A coach has been there, done that and has attended coaches camp to learn a skill. A Jr walk-on has HS experience and very little training at the college level but knows more about coaching then a coach. That's what is wrong with sports and players today, there is no discipline, no perseverance, no respect and it is easy to bail when faced with adversity. Especially with the transfer portal. I for one wouldn't hire anyone that is bailing from the Warrior football team . It is a sign that when the going get's tough they will bail again.
Go read the "Hawaii Warrior Football" book from 2007 - there's a whole chapter in there about catching the football "in the noose". Our receivers caught a lot of balls between 1999 and 2011. It was a major point of emphasis by the coaching staff during that time. I have no idea what the point of emphasis is now but it needs work.
LOL...good thing that 'junk' wide receivers coach just left for Georgia Southern then, I guess. Clearly these past two years have not worked out well for many head coaches around the country. Trying to stitch together a divorce at ASU with our current situation is a bit of a stretch. We bested Houston in a bowl game last year...Houston beat Auburn in its bowl game this year. There have been a total of four bowl games cancelled so far this year. Clearly, Graham is not Rolovich. Also, it's not surprising that the players who were coddled by the former playah want to leave. I'm disappointed but...yeah...the transfer portal did have a lot to do with this mudpie we've built here disintegrating.