Dae Dae Hunter decided to stay at Liberty

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Dae Dae Hunter Transferring

Post by Palolo_2LA »

kapakahi wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:40 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:29 pm
poidog wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm

i know. i've been hearing rumblings from people, as I'm sure you have been as well.
Yes and unfortunately it's starting to play out as I had hoped it would not.
EVEN prior to the advent of the transfer portal, similar scenario played out in 2016 & 2017 at ASU.
https://twitter.com/vega_mason/status/1465857272848936961
I said on other posts a few times, every game TG chews players out and screams his head off. This is a new era and these kids are not more vocal and don't accept bs like we did back in our day.

The other part is a new coach brings in his guys and made promises, so many holdovers are not given a chance weather that's fair is debatable, but like in life a new boss might bring his guys and you're out.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

uhwarriors wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:08 pm
poidog wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:59 am He's already got an offer from Nevada
https://twitter.com/TheDaeDae0/status/1466491643050160128
No doubt that Dae Dae made a good impression on Norvell....
https://twitter.com/TheCFBPylon/status/1449570413919473666 https://twitter.com/TheCFBPylon/status/1449579805180153857

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:47 pm
The other part is a new coach brings in his guys and made promises, so many holdovers are not given a chance whether that's fair is debatable, but like in life a new boss might bring his guys and you're out.
Your logic is valid except that Dae Dae (who was originally recruited by Banker under Rolo) was re-recruited by TG as one of "his guys".....just like Quin Bright & Tru Edwards "were" (when they were recruited & signed by TG from Texas).....who all were never "holdovers".

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I've always been a fan of Dae Dae. I expected him to be the next star...and he almost got there. Aloha.

202Warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 202Warrior »

This so crazy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think the college football scene would be like this. It’s good for the players since coaches also come and go. But man….it would suck if he transferred to a MW school.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

For the Hawaii Bowl game, who will be RB2 behind Parson? OR will Parson play every snap?

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

kapakahi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:34 pm For the Hawaii Bowl game, who will be RB2 behind Parson? OR will Parson play every snap?
While Dae Dae was out hurt Parson was pretty much the every down back. Turner was also rotated back there in relief.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

honu888 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm
kapakahi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:34 pm For the Hawaii Bowl game, who will be RB2 behind Parson? OR will Parson play every snap?
While Dae Dae was out hurt Parson was pretty much the every down back. Turner was also rotated back there in relief.
Is James Phillips still on the team? He got some of the CTJr RB/WR looks early in the season but hasn't played much since.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

poidog wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:57 pm
Is James Phillips still on the team? He got some of the CTJr RB/WR looks early in the season but hasn't played much since.
James Phillips is still on the team....but hasn't suited up lately ('cuz in the doghouse).

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

kapakahi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:39 pm

James Phillips is still on the team....but hasn't suited up lately ('cuz in the doghouse).
Kilohana Hassenritter is RB that might have gotten his shot in the bowl game, but alas he's in the portal too.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:08 pm
Kilohana Hassenritter is RB that might have gotten his shot in the bowl game, but alas he's in the portal too.
Hassenritter is an Athlete that needed to be on the field playing offense. 4.4 speed, quick, strong, athletic. He had 4 to play 4 remaining. I agree that he probably would have gotten his opportunity to play, with Turner graduating and Dae Dae transferring.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:59 am
Hassenritter is an Athlete that needed to be on the field playing offense. 4.4 speed, quick, strong, athletic. He had 4 to play 4 remaining. I agree that he probably would have gotten his opportunity to play, with Turner graduating and Dae Dae transferring.
What about Dior Scott? is he still on the team?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ulua wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:06 am
wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:59 am
What about Dior Scott? is he still on the team?
He's redshirting because he's hurt
ImageImage

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Nasjzae Bryant may be next man up at RB. He did play a little behind Parson when Dae Dae was injured if I recall correctly.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

this one is a loss but you can't blame him for wanting to improve his stock. A good player. He will end up at a good school with a good program. Parsons will more then fill the gap and Johnson will step in. Philips with more weight could also fill in. I can see him going to a good school closer to Colorado.