HS Hoops 2021-2022

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: HS Hoops 2021-2022

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:32 pm Kailua alumni have something to be pissed about: Baldwin upset them tonight in the boys' D1 State basketball tourney, 60-57. I admit not knowing a whole lot about Baldwin's team, but I do know Kailua's team is long and talented, and that they upset Kahuku in the OIA tourney. Scoringlive has Kailua ranked #7, and Baldwin ranked #9. I didn't expect Baldwin to get past Kailua, but they did.
Found-out just today that Baldwin's team is long, too; possibly longer than Kailua's team. Well, that helps to explain the result. If you're longer than the other school, you've got a good chance of winning.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:49 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:32 pm Kailua alumni have something to be pissed about: Baldwin upset them tonight in the boys' D1 State basketball tourney, 60-57. I admit not knowing a whole lot about Baldwin's team, but I do know Kailua's team is long and talented, and that they upset Kahuku in the OIA tourney. Scoringlive has Kailua ranked #7, and Baldwin ranked #9. I didn't expect Baldwin to get past Kailua, but they did.
Iolani and St. Louis are likely to meet in the finals. If that does indeed happen, I hope it drives that Trump-loving subhuman Infidel crazy to choose which team to stand behind.
@gopunahou:

I chuckled when I read your post. As for myself, if St Louis and Iolani meet, I'm backing St Louis. I don't exactly like St Louis School, but I'd rather have them than Iolani School. Iolani plays Mililani today. If Mililani has a strong game, I think they can beat them. Mililani beat Maryknoll by 6 last night. I think that puts them within range of Iolani; I think they have a fighting chance.

Go Trojans.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:38 am
Iolani and St. Louis are likely to meet in the finals. If that does indeed happen, I hope it drives that Trump-loving subhuman Infidel crazy to choose which team to stand behind.
@gopunahou:

I chuckled when I read your post. As for myself, if St Louis and Iolani meet, I'm backing St Louis. I don't exactly like St Louis School, but I'd rather have them than Iolani School. Iolani plays Mililani today. If Mililani has a strong game, I think they can beat them. Mililani beat Maryknoll by 6 last night. I think that puts them within range of Iolani; I think they have a fighting chance.

Go Trojans.
Mililani just defeated Iolani in overtime. I'm guessing this is an upset, even though Mililani was #2, and Iolani was unranked, based on the tournament seedings.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

I would like to thank Mililani's basketball team for beating Iolani just a few minutes ago, 45-39. They had to go to OT to do it, but they did it. I wanted Mililani to win, for two reasons:
1. I don't care for Iolani School.
2. Iolani already won the girls' State D1 title; I would have hated to see that school win the boys' State D1 title, too.

So, congratulations, Trojans; you did it. Now you play St Louis tomorrow night for the title, and I'd like you to beat them, too, for the following reasons:
1. St Louis has already won State basketball championships, but this would be Mililani's first (boys') State basketball title, right?
2. I haven't been particularly fond of St Louis School for some 40 years, whereas I have never disliked Mililani High over that period.

So, beat the Saints tomorrow night, Trojans! I think you can. You beat Iolani by 6; I think that puts you within range of St Louis. I think you can do it.

Go Trojans.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:55 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:38 am
@gopunahou:

Go Trojans.
Mililani just defeated Iolani in overtime. I'm guessing this is an upset, even though Mililani was #2, and Iolani was unranked, based on the tournament seedings.
@ChadFukuoka:

You posted just two minutes before I did. Yes, it was an upset: Scoringlive had Iolani ranked #2, and Mililani ranked #4. So, Mililani plays St Louis for the title tomorrow night. I hope the Trojans win.

Go Trojans. Do it again!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mililani has kind of been a Cinderella team. Knocking off two ILH teams, as well as winning the OIA, is huge.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:57 pm I would like to thank Mililani's basketball team for beating Iolani just a few minutes ago, 45-39. They had to go to OT to do it, but they did it. I wanted Mililani to win, for two reasons:
2. Iolani already won the girls' State D1 title; I would have hated to see that school win the boys' State D1 title, too.

So, congratulations, Trojans; you did it. Now you play St Louis tomorrow night for the title, and I'd like you to beat them, too, for the following reasons:
1. St Louis has already won State basketball championships, but this would be Mililani's first (boys') State basketball title, right?
2. I haven't been particularly fond of St Louis School for some 40 years, whereas I have never disliked Mililani High over that period.

So, beat the Saints tomorrow night, Trojans! I think you can. You beat Iolani by 6; I think that puts you within range of St Louis. I think you can do it.

Go Trojans.
Sheesh your hated for Saint Louis runs deep. Who hurt you?

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

Maui Prep just dominated Kaimuki to win their first boys basketball state title. I'd never heard of them before this year, but it's good to see different and newer schools have success.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:02 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:57 pm I would like to thank Mililani's basketball team for beating Iolani just a few minutes ago, 45-39. They had to go to OT to do it, but they did it. I wanted Mililani to win, for two reasons:

Go Trojans.
Sheesh your hated for Saint Louis runs deep. Who hurt you?
@EITSwarrior:

It's not hatred; I don't hate St Louis School. In this particular matchup, I simply prefer Mililani High. If Iolani School had won last night, I'd be backing the Saints tonight. Like many sports, it all depends on the matchups: Which schools are playing?
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:39 pm Maui Prep just dominated Kaimuki to win their first boys basketball state title. I'd never heard of them before this year, but it's good to see different and newer schools have success.
@ChadFukuoka:

Well, Kaimuki alumni aren't too happy about it, I'm sure. Yeah, Maui Prep is a pretty new school, founded in 2005. But, I was backing the Bulldogs in this one. I generally back the public school, except when Kamehameha Schools plays, as that's one private school I like, God knows why. Kaimuki High isn't one of the more powerful OIA schools; they don't win a whole lot of titles. So, I felt compelled to be on their side in this one. Too bad they got their butts kicked.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

22-11 St. Louis halftime. Ain't looking good for Mililani.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@gopunahou:

Yeah. I think the only way Mililani has a chance is if they start bombing-away with three-pointers.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:02 pm @gopunahou:

Yeah. I think the only way Mililani has a chance is if they start bombing-away with three-pointers.
I think playing three consecutive ILH opponents is taking its toll tonight.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@gopunahou:

Well, not necessarily just because they were ILH opponents, right? Just so happened that those were three very strong schools, regardless of league affiliation. Assuming that St Louis wins tonight, the only opportunity I can think of that Mililani has for revenge, is in swimming. But, they probably won't win the State title; your alma mater probably will. But, I'm pretty sure Mililani will finish ahead of St Louis, in any case. I mean, that's not as good as a State basketball title, but it beats having nothing at all.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

In girls soccer, PAC-5 wins the D2 title over Kauai 1-0. In the D1 final, Punahou and Kamehameha are scoreless after regulation, game is headed into overtime.