UH Wahine Volleyball 2021

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

UH Wahine Volleyball 2021

Post by shrek2 »

Tonight's game UH against UCSB pits 1 vs 2 in the conference with UH (8-0) and UCSB (7-1). It appears that this game is not on ESPN+ but a no charge streaming.
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ucsb ... Type=video
4pm HT/7pm PDT

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH Wahine Volleyball 2021

Post by shrek2 »

I didn't like the broadcaster by the play-by-play guy as he sounded sing-songy and didn't know a volleyball from basketball. I wish his color broadcaster would do the play by play since she could talk volleyball. This is when you really begin to appreciate Kanoa Leahy and his color commentator. Although the Wahine lost, it looks like they can beat UCSB. Van Sickle and Igiede can really put some heat on their hits. Looked awesome.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The Wahine beat Long Beach and UCSB lost to Cal Poly so UH is one game up on UCSB with UCSB coming into Stan Sheriff the last game of the season. Go Lady Bows!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Too bad they scheduled the Cal Poly game the same time as UH Football. Now they go into the final weekend with one loss in the conference with CSUN and UCSB. They have 1 loss and the second place team UCSB has 3 losses. They play UCSB on Saturday and I'm hoping the Wahine will beat them even if it may be of no consequence. No game conflict with football.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:38 am Too bad they scheduled the Cal Poly game the same time as UH Football. Now they go into the final weekend with one loss in the conference with CSUN and UCSB. They have 1 loss and the second place team UCSB has 3 losses. They play UCSB on Saturday and I'm hoping the Wahine will beat them even if it may be of no consequence. No game conflict with football.
The Wahine need to stay focused and beat CSUN to get the automatic invite to the Big Dance. No need to make the UCSB match a winner take all situation. They still will be highly motivated and play hard even if they lock up the BWC with a win over CSUN with Senior Night and revenge for the earlier conference loss at Santa Barbara.

I still don't like having to play two matches on each weekend when the opponent only plays one. Add Sacramento State so there will be an even number of teams to enable UH to have a travel partner (likely UCSD).

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The two sports UH can do really well is the women's and men's volleyball. The Aunties are a big deal in both sports which I really enjoy watching and appreciate something they will never have on the mainland. According to what I've read about the Wahine's training in VB is that they have to run a 6 minute mile which is darn good. True athletes.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Wahine VB starting to jell. Good chance to finish first in the BWC, just gotta keep pumping to the finish line. I hope that next year that one of the true freshmen from this year trains hard and steps up to take Brooke's OH1 spot in the lineup, as well as one to seize the opposite position.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Rainbow Wahine takes the Big West title by beating CSUN 3-1 with one game left against UCSB. Way to go!

Link
Now, get even with the only loss against UCSB on Saturday night. Congrats to the seniors.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Too bad about the loss to UCSB in 5. Our middles were shut down all night. UCSB's libero was a monster!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Woohoo. Hawaii beats a team from the SEC, Mississippi State 3-2. First round of the NCAA regionals. Way to go ladies!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Here's video of the 5th set from UH's first round game against #23 ranked mississippi state. They play Washington tomorrow (Saturday) at 5pm HST, go bows!
https://www.ncaa.com/video/volleyball-w ... tournament

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Is U. of Washington that much better than Mississippi St? Or was it just the travel? The ESPN announcer mentioned that Hawaii and Mississippi St. basically had to travel the same distance to Washington state. When U. of Santa Barbara played here last week, they played earlier during the week. Those Friday and Saturday back to back matches on the road are a disadvantage.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Size is a factor. UW hitters were 6'4, 6'4 and 6'3. UH still put up a good fight despite their BWC POY and best OH being 5'9. We lost Nikki Taylor in the Midwest regional and that pretty much sunk the ship back in 2016(?). The Rainbow Wahine had to play perfect against a physically superior team. They had a successful season.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Not to put down BVS, but everything says that she is 5-9. But when you see photos of her standing beside Riley Wagoner, Kate Lang, Janelle Gong and Robyn. BVS looks more like 5-5 or 5-6 to me. And if BVS is no where near as tall as stated, huge props to her for excellence at her position!

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/CVBTransfers/status/1473088423950958592