St. Louis QB AJ Bianco Commits to Nevada

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: St. Louis QB AJ Bianco Commits

Post by honu888 »

kapakahi wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:39 pm https://twitter.com/StephenTsai/status/1470929532597063680 :wink: :-$
Which means that he is still pondering his other options. Hope he stays committed. 2 months is an eternity to think about things.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

kapakahi wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:39 pm https://twitter.com/StephenTsai/status/1470929532597063680 :wink: :-$
If he really wants to come to UH, he would sign on 12/15. But he's probably waiting to see what other offers come in. My guess is that he will not sign with us in February.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

uhwarriors wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:08 pm
If he really wants to come to UH, he would sign on 12/15. But he's probably waiting to see what other offers come in. My guess is that he will not sign with us in February.
Heard it on the news. He should go with what he thinks is best for him. But with the portal the way it is he can’t sit and wait too long.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

With transfer rules the way it is now "committing" only binds a player to a university for the season. Every offseason is now a free agency shi-shi show.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

RedZone wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:28 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:08 pm
Heard it on the news. He should go with what he thinks is best for him. But with the portal the way it is he can’t sit and wait too long.
https://twitter.com/AHoshidaSports/status/1470972540881289219

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:37 pm With transfer rules the way it is now "committing" only binds a player to a university for the season. Every offseason is now a free agency shi-shi show.
We are not exactly the gateway to the NFL. So any player that thinks have a shot at the next level would obviously want to start higher up the college food chain. Or move if given the opportunity. The other thing we lack is a stadium. So not having much of a local following does take away some the glory of being a local hero.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

This kind of feel like Hawaii is the back up date to the prom.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 am This kind of feel like Hawaii is the back up date to the prom.
Yep. Feels that way. I say we should recruit someone else. Sure wish we could have gotten a grad transfer in the early signing period.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

If I had the same physical attributes as this young man I would do the same thing. There was a lot of noise generated by Twitter that got into the local and national press. Dave Matlin did a first good step in talking with the coaches and players. Now they need to come out with a positive statement in how they are addressing the issue, like some of the rumors are unfounded or there was a breakdown of communication between TG and some of the players and its no different than any other program. What would be nice is an announcement that they are hiring a QB coach and using Bo in the booth. UCLA and USC had a mass exodus of players. I think UCLA had 9 starters transfer out.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:55 am If I had the same physical attributes as this young man I would do the same thing. There was a lot of noise generated by Twitter that got into the local and national press. Dave Matlin did a first good step in talking with the coaches and players. Now they need to come out with a positive statement in how they are addressing the issue, like some of the rumors are unfounded or there was a breakdown of communication between TG and some of the players and its no different than any other program. What would be nice is an announcement that they are hiring a QB coach and using Bo in the booth. UCLA and USC had a mass exodus of players. I think UCLA had 9 starters transfer out.
What is sad is that the Twitter Space occurred two weeks ago and yet, no public announcement on future plans, and barely an acknowledgement of any problems other than players bringing their gripes out in a public forum, and that it is the players' and former players' fault.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: St. Louis QB AJ Bianco Commits, Doesn't Sign On Early Signing Date

Post by cabanalane »

If Hawaii wins the Bowl game, no doubt Brayden Schager will be the starting QB next year. No guarantees in anything, but you know. So then do we expect AJ to ride the bench? Red shirt and ride the bench until his Junior year? Or transfer portal after his Freshman year?

Yes, it's not wrong to have 7 QBs in the bullpen. As everyone's playing time is one mean sack away.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: St. Louis QB AJ Bianco Commits, Doesn't Sign On Early Signing Date

Post by kapakahi »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:29 pm Yes, it's not wrong to have 7 QBs in the bullpen. As everyone's playing time is one mean sack away.
Unless UH signs a scholie QB (or takes new walk-on QBs), there will only be 3 other QBs [1 scholie QB (RS soph. Armani Edden) + 2 non-scholarship walk-on QBs (RS frosh Jake Farrell & Connor Apo)] on next season's 2022 roster besides Schager.....with 3 having departed (CC, Abbott, Uahinui) and 1 (Akina) with no more eligibility left.

https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/foot ... dden/19343
https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/foot ... rell/19349
https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/foot ... -apo/19492

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:56 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:37 pm With transfer rules the way it is now "committing" only binds a player to a university for the season. Every offseason is now a free agency shi-shi show.
We are not exactly the gateway to the NFL. So any player that thinks have a shot at the next level would obviously want to start higher up the college food chain. Or move if given the opportunity. The other thing we lack is a stadium. So not having much of a local following does take away some the glory of being a local hero.
I was speaking of Division 1 college football in general, not just about us.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:19 am
cabanalane wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 am This kind of feel like Hawaii is the back up date to the prom.
Yep. Feels that way. I say we should recruit someone else. Sure wish we could have gotten a grad transfer in the early signing period.
Maybe we can sign a 2 to play 2 grad transfer in Feb who just graduated and wanted to play a bowl game with his former mates.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:43 pm
Irse wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:19 am
Maybe we can sign a 2 to play 2 grad transfer in Feb who just graduated and wanted to play a bowl game with his former mates.
Moussa?
ImageImage