2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Bowl Season - Bowls added

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Bowl Season - Bowls added

Post by chawan_cut »

I'm back! Wyokie has been waiting all year for this!
My annual UH Schedule of our Opponent's schedules to keep track of how everyone does before, after us and all season.
Here's last year's results.
https://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtop ... =3&t=51312

and i'm standing by for Wyokie to find all my errors...

Last edited by chawan_cut on Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: 2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Week 0

Post by wyokie »

FIRST off, you forgot to show which games are on the road for all the opponents except for Portland State. Speaking of the Vikings, you need to put a * by the names of their Big Sky Conference opponents.

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. [-X Do I need to start quoting a certain score from WAY back when again? :-

On the bright side, you finally got Nevada's nickname spelled correctly before I said anything. :roll:

Super looking forward to the final game of the regular season. GO WYO! Keep the Paniolo Trophy in Laramie for another year.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

yes yes, i noticed I forgot the away and home games. that'll come in week 1's update.
also i knew i'd make you proud with the WolfPack fix. and not using 'Runnin' Rebels' for UNLV.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:25 am yes yes, i noticed I forgot the away and home games. that'll come in week 1's update.
also i knew i'd make you proud with the WolfPack fix. and not using 'Runnin' Rebels' for UNLV.
GOOD! The Runnin' Rebels name is just for the basketball team.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Awesome job chawan! I'm not nearly as critical as wyokie, but the date for UNLV vs Texas-San Antonio is missing.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Oh, just remembered...

Could one of mods on here tag this thread to the top of the football forum? Much obliged! :cowboy:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wyokie wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:15 am Oh, just remembered...

Could one of mods on here tag this thread to the top of the football forum? Much obliged! :cowboy:
Done and Mahalo C_C

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Week 1, Win vs Portland State

Post by chawan_cut »

ok, so that was a crazy weekend of football huh?

First off, FIRST EVER on campus game at Ching/Cooke Field. in front of NO fans... but that's another thread for another time.
Our guys needed this after the UCLA loss last week. We should've kept the first quarter momentum going but I think the team and coaches have learned from this.
Anyways here's the first recap of how things went for our opponent's this week

- UCLA seems like its the real deal, easily handling SEC Powerhouse LSU who came into the Rose Bowl on Sat. Seems like Coach Orgeron called UCLA's colors, "Sissy Blue" and well they paid for it.
- Portland State leaves Honolulu and heads to lovely Pullman, WA to take on Rolo's Cougars (who just lost this week to Utah State btw... the offseason and first game hasn't gone so well for him so far). Lets see how they do against the R&S
- Oregon State went to Purdue and lost to the Boilermakers. Lets hope they're still feeling it this Sat against us.
- San Jose St finally came back down to Earth after losing to big brother neighbor USC on Sat. Looks our conference #1 isn't ready yet. Unfortunately they get a bye this week to prep for us and watch game tape.
- NMSU plays an early season conference game against SDSU but lose. This is the weird year we play them twice because they're independents. They have their in state rivalry game this week against the Lobos
- Fresno also goes down to another PAC12 school in Oregon, but puts a fight in the loss. They get 1-AA Cal Pol this week before going against the Bruins next wek
- In one of the stunners of the weekend, Nevada goes to Berkely and upsets the Bears 22-17. They should have an easy time with Idaho St this week.
- Utah state went to Pullman and upset Rolo. They too should have a piece of cake this week with North Dakota unless they take them lightly.
- UNLV christens their new Raiders stadium with a loss to 1-AA Eastern Washington. One of the 1-AA upsets of the weekend. They go to Sun Devils stadium this week and it might not be pretty.
- Wyokie's favorite Colorado State was also another victim of a 1-AA opponent in South Dakota State. For some reason the SEC is traveling West a lot this year and they get to host Vanderbilt this weekend.
- and Wyokie's real team, avoids the upset by a 1-AA team. Thanks Wyokie.

Other notable games of the week,
= 1-AA UC Davis beats Tulsa in Tulsa.
= Alabama wipes out Miami in a spotlight top 25 game
= Clemson without Lawrence can only get a FG against Georgia at home in their loss
= Washington loses at home to Montana. Things are probably pretty crazy with their fanbase right now
= Former Boise coach Harsin routs Akron with his new team Auburn. We shall see how he does there
= Texas-San-Antonio goes to the Orange Dome and beats the Illini at their place
= Notre Dame ruins McKenzie Milton's return in an OT win

Go Bows this week in Corvallis!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:19 am Awesome job chawan! I'm not nearly as critical as wyokie, but the date for UNLV vs Texas-San Antonio is missing.
thanks! i don't think any one is as critical, or bored as the one and only wyokie....

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Week 2, Loss at Oregon St

Post by chawan_cut »

Ok, schedule updated.
not the result we wanted. our D just couldn't stop them. and our offense picked up a little too late. this team might need to go score for score to be our defense for now.

anyways, we got San Jose coming in this week who had a bye last week to watch us on FS1. They came off their loss to USC, who just fired their coach after losing to Stanford. I guess the win over the Spartans didn't matter.
Let's hope last season was a one fluke wonder for the defending conference champs

- As for everyone else.... UCLA also had a bye to prep for incoming Fresno, who just beat up on div 1aa cal poly. we shall see if fresno is for real.
- Portland state got roughed up by Rolo and Wazzu and starts their conference off with Western Oregon.
- Oregon State has a breather with Idaho this week before starting their PAC12 schedule
- New Mexico State's rivalry game this past weekend goes to the big brother Lobos. They host another SC, in South Carolina State before we visit them in 2
- As mentioned before, Fresno gets another big boy pants test this week with UCLA
- Nevada gets a real test this week again with Kansas State, who is 2-0 including one win against Stanford
- Utah State roughs up North Dakota and gets the Falcons this week, who beat up on Navy last week, which caused Ivin Jasper to lose/regain his job in a few days?
- San Diego State took care of Arizona no problem, at Arizona. They will be tough later this year
- UNLV loses to the other Arizona in State pretty bad. They host Iowa State in that ugly Raiders stadium this week. I think the red you'll see will be the Cyclones and not the home team
- Colorado State loses to SEC bottom dweller, Vanderbilt, but now go to the Rockets of Toledo this week, who should've taken down Notre Dame last week.
- And wyokie's team somehow goes to Norther Illinois and wins. They get the Cardinal of Ball state this week.

Other notable games...
- Oregon goes to the Horseshoe and comes out with a win at Ohio State. Down go the overrated Buckeyes without Urban as their coach
- Notre Dame barely survives against Toledo at home
- USC loses to Stanford bad and fires their coach Helton
- Texas goes to Arkansas and gets beat up. Things aren't well in the lone star state
- Oh yeah, Jacksonville State upsets Florida state at home on a crazy last play of the game. Go google it.

ok, cya at the game, oh wait, we aren't allowed to... see you watching tv like the rest of us.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:09 pm - And wyokie's team somehow goes to Northern Illinois and wins. They get the Cardinals of Ball State this week.
2-0 is better than 1-2. :D Ball State's nickname is plural, not singular. Stanford is the Cardinal. Was Cardinals from 1972 to 1982 after being known as the Stanford Indians for several decades..

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

For New Mexico St you have them losing to UTEP 30-3, should show 3-30

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:10 am For New Mexico St you have them losing to UTEP 30-3, should show 3-30
And, Chawan, you have a * next to the New Mexico State name and that's incorrect as NMSU is a non-conference game(s) for Hawaii. * is only for conference opponents. [-X

PLUS you have Hawaii playing at New Mexico State TWICE. You need to take the @ ff the second listing of Hawaii playing New Mexico State. UH gets NMSU in the Islands in the second game. [-X [-X

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Week 3, Loss to SJSU

Post by chawan_cut »

ok so i missed all of your edit suggestions. i'll catch it after this weekend.
man, our D and all of those SJSU dropped passes couldn't help our offense score and catch our own passes to lose to the defending conference champs who were beatable last Sat.
now the long road trip to wonderful Las Cruces (i went once and got bored the first day there).

- So Fresno looks like the cream of the conference. Upsetting ranked UCLA and becoming ranked themselves. UCLA gets Stanford this week who just beat Vanderbilt
- Portland St gets their first win over Western Oregon and get visiting Montana St this week
- Oregon state had a breather against the Vandals of Idaho before heading south to tumultuous USC
- San Jose goes to Western Michigan for some reason for another road trip
- New Mexico St got their first win against South Carolina State (who?) but did give up 35 points to them. Hope our offense finds themselves this week.
- Fresno gets a break this week with winless UNLV. Hope they don't take them for granted.
- Nevada comes back down to Earth, losing at Kansas St. They take a bye week before going to Boise, who lost to visiting Oklahoma State on a missed FG late in the game.
- Utah State shuts down the Air Force option attack to stay undefeated and host the visiting Broncos for the top spot in the Mountain division
- San Diego St also stays undefeated with a big win over the Utes of the PAC12. They should have an easier time with visiting Towson (who??) this week
- UNLV gets beat up at Iowa State and gets to go to lovely Fresno as a bonus this week.
- Colorado St gets in the win column but now have a big game at Iowa.
- Wyoming continues its cupcake schedule but have to fly east to Connecticut.

Other big games
- Alabama survives the Swamp and #11 Florida
- Penn St handles visiting Auburn in a rare cross Power 5 non conference game
- BYU keeps on winning, this time beating ranked Arizona St.
- Florida schools are on a slide, with Michigan St winning at Miami
- Wazzu gives up 45 unanswered to USC in another Rolo loss.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2021 UH Opponent's Schedules of Schedules, Week 4, WIN @ Las Cruces

Post by chawan_cut »

sorry so late again, but good win on a far road trip to Las Cruces. first of 2 against the Aggies. didn't get to watch it but i heard it was sloppy still. can't have none of that this week against #22 Fresno coming in.

- UCLA stays ranked altho drops to #24 after the loss to Fresno but gets its first conference win against the Stanford cardinal
- Portland State goes down o visiting Montana State
- Oregon St continues to win, this time of all out of whack USC. They get the Huskies this week who seem to be back on track
- San Jose goes to Western Michigan and loses?? So much for the defending conference champions and their trash talking social media. we should've beaten them to shut them up a week earlier.
- Seems like Fresno took UNLV for granted and was losing to them for most of the game until they figured it out and won in the 2nd half. Lets hope they come here for a vacation and forgot about our win over them last season to start the year.
- Nevada had a bye to rest up for Boise. Let's hope they can take down the broncos on that ugly turf
- NMSU gets San Jose this week. Should be interesting how our last 2 opponents do against each other.
- Utah st was riding high until Boise rolled in. They get in state rival BYU this week who is doing good so far.
- San Diego St had no problem with Towson to stay undefeated. They have a bye to prep for New Mexico in 2
- UNLV gets UTSA this week and looks for their first win
- Colorado St gave Iowa a scare as they led in the first half until finally giving in. They have a bye this week before San Jose in 2
- And Wyoming had a little challenge with Connecticut. They can rest this week for the triple option of Air Force next week.