UH Wahine Basketball 2021

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

UH Wahine Basketball 2021

Post by shrek2 »

I watched the Wahine earlier in the year and lost interest until last week when they beat UC Davis. Davis has been the class of the Big West especially their coach. Today I watched the full game in the Big West playoffs and the Wahine looked good. Maybe UC Bakersfield had a long layoff because of Covid I don't know but the Wahine BB team looked faster than earlier in the year. Daejah Phillips looked she can run the fast break and she's as agressive as Atwell and Alexander but I like Jayden because she goes after every loose ball with reckless abandon. Then you had Olivia Davis play half the game but she made all her 3 pointers/field goals (3-3) and free throws (8-8). UH 81-67 over UCB. Next up Davis. I'm in.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: UH Wahine Basketball 2021

Post by shrek2 »

Wow, I can see why Jen Gross is the class of women's basketball coaches in the BWC. Hawaii could not match their point guard although the point guard was not one of the two UCD players mentioned on the first team. UCD's point guard could score and defend. Okay, our point guards are Freshmen but I, being an armchair coach would have made substitutions and I would have been yelling. Hope some of the seniors come back.