Team no D1 school wants to play?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Team no D1 school wants to play?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Forget Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson how's about Jackson State?????

First year HC Deion Sanders is taking recruiting to another level for the FCS Jackson State University Tigers.

He signed a 4* high school QB who also had an offer from Alabama. He has 3* and 4* recruits that have given him hard commits to sign in February. Also he already has 12 D1 transfers, including many 3* & 4* from power 5 schools.

As of today, if you add up the signees, hard commits and D1 transfers, he has six 4* and twelve 3* players in his 2021 recruiting class.

Any D1 team that has JSU on schedule has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Stay tuned to see how Coach "Prime Time" does.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Team no D1 school wants to play?

Post by shrek2 »

Great football player doesn't necessarily mean a good football coach. Time will tell.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:57 pm Great football player doesn't necessarily mean a good football coach. Time will tell.
I completely agree. Who knows. He could either be a great coach or be so bad, he could make Adam Gase look good. LOL :lol:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

What is his experience coaching? 13 4* players don't make a team. You need at least 22 players and you need depth. With 13 4 * players you just attack the other 9 (or the weak links). I don't thing anyone is afraid of playing them. You need to see what kind of team hits the field and how they perform as a team.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

wyokie wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:00 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:57 pm Great football player doesn't necessarily mean a good football coach. Time will tell.
I completely agree. Who knows. He could either be a great coach or be so bad, he could make Adam Gase look good. LOL :lol:
Totally agree. He can recruit initially until players determine whether he can coach or not.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Big jump from high school offensive coordinator to FCS head coach.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He could bring in the money.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Kenny Niumatalolo never got to play because the Stater was Garrett Gabriel. Who's making millions a year now.. The guy stuck on the sidelines with the headset.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:02 pm Kenny Niumatalolo never got to play because the Stater was Garrett Gabriel. Who's making millions a year now.. The guy stuck on the sidelines with the headset.
That's right. Observing from the sidelines during game time, and doing mental reps during practice can tend to help someone who wants to be a student of the game. The old saying goes that the best players don't make the best coaches usually applies.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Wait, whuh....have you all been to Jackson, MS?
Don't get me wrong, this HBCU has an awesome band and is the school that gave us sweetness, Walter Payton. But this is really a small school, in a small town, in a small league that really has no comparison to power 5 football. Maybe there is a documentary being made or something that promises greater paydays. I dunno. But I'm sure there are a few more "incentives" on (and under) the table for declining Alabama and going to play for coach Prime. Jackson State? Really? Me thinks the seams will come apart eventually. I always wanted UH to schedule HBCU's like Grambling, Southern, FAMU, Howard.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

How they can succeed
- How many 3 or 4* guys did Appalachian St have when they beat Michigan? Or Portland St have when they beat Hawaii? For that matter how current D1 teams will have a better 2021 recruiting class than JSU?
- They are surrounded by neighboring states loaded with talent. Look how Calvin Turner worked out for us.
- Coastal Carolina and Liberty were FBS teams not too long ago. E. Washington, North Dakota St are FBS teams that not too many D1 teams with to schedule them. JSU will play all their spring games vs FCS teams, but come they fall will start seeking D1 OOC opponents.
- Deion is surrounding himself with veteran college coaches
- We know how June Jones came in and instantly changed the culture. Likewise Deion is working with donors and sponsors.
He coordinated an apparel deal with Under Armour, switching the school from Nike, and promising customization in the product, per HBCU Game Day.

The players were excited to get a new sweatsuit and a coordinated uniform from helmet to shoes, Sanders said.

“You know my quote, ‘If you look good, you feel good.’ That's the durn truth,” he said, via the Clarion Ledger.

He’s also met with Golden Corral to get players a place to eat off campus, he said. In the weeks and months after his hire, donations have poured in to Jackson State. Golf star Phil Mickelson announced a $500,000 donation in September and selected the school as his HBCU to support in “The Match: Champions for Change” golf tournament alongside Steph Curry, Charles Barkley and Peyton Manning.
- And they have a 44,000 on campus stadium

Link

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

How they can succeed
- How many 3 or 4* guys did Appalachian St have when they beat Michigan? Or Portland St have when they beat Hawaii? For that matter how many current D1 teams will have a better 2021 recruiting class than JSU?
- They are surrounded by neighboring states loaded with hidden gems waiting for an opportunity. Look how Calvin Turner worked out for us.
- Coastal Carolina and Liberty were FBS teams not too long ago. E. Washington, North Dakota St are FBS teams that not too many D1 teams with to schedule them. JSU will play all their spring games vs FCS teams, but come they fall will start seeking D1 OOC opponents.
- Deion is surrounding himself with veteran college coaches
- We know how June Jones came in and instantly changed the culture and got boys to buy in and "You gotta Believe". Likewise Deion is doing the same. He also getting the message on to donors and sponsors.
He coordinated an apparel deal with Under Armour, switching the school from Nike, and promising customization in the product, per HBCU Game Day.

The players were excited to get a new sweatsuit and a coordinated uniform from helmet to shoes, Sanders said.

“You know my quote, ‘If you look good, you feel good.’ That's the durn truth,” he said, via the Clarion Ledger.

He’s also met with Golden Corral to get players a place to eat off campus, he said. In the weeks and months after his hire, donations have poured in to Jackson State. Golf star Phil Mickelson announced a $500,000 donation in September and selected the school as his HBCU to support in “The Match: Champions for Change” golf tournament alongside Steph Curry, Charles Barkley and Peyton Manning.
- And they have a 44,000 on campus stadium

Link

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Deion Sanders goes 2-0 as Jackson State forces Grambling State fumble at goal line
Barry Werner 1 day ago

Deion Sanders made headlines as a player. He had a major voice as an announcer. The spotlight continues to find “Prime” in his first season as a coach at Jackson State.

Jackson State handed Grambling State its first home loss since 2015 Saturday in a battle of schools nicknamed Tigers.

The Jackson State Tigers came away with a 33-28 victory in a game that was not sealed until Sanders’ team forced a fumble near the goal line with little more than a minute left.

It was Jackson State’s first win over Grambling State since 2012. It also gave Sanders a win in his SWAC debut.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... -goal-line

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hmmmm I guess he can coach :wink:
Deion Sanders, Jackson State Are 'One More' Win Away From Black College National Championship
Jackson State's dynamic duo of head coach Deion Sanders and athletic director Ashley Robinson created the blueprint for modern HBCU football programs' success.

Jackson State is on the verge of accomplishing a significant milestone in the school's athletic program history. A national championship!
https://www.si.com/college/hbcu/footbal ... ampionship

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Coach Prime being mentioned to be courted by atleast 5 Power5 schools after posting a 25-5 record over 3 years. Last year he went 11-2 and this season is 11-0