Hawaii vs San Jose to be played at Aloha stadium. Cheeeeehooo!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Is this weeks game against SJSU cancelled?

Post by couz808 »

They just canceled today’s game against Boise. Looks like Santa Clara county just banned contact sports for the next 3 weeks. That includes 49ers and Stanford team. Unless they play the game at aloha stadium next week or they go to Vegas and find a venue to play.
Last edited by couz808 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Is next weeks game against SJSU cancelled?

Post by wyokie »

couz808 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:39 pm They just canceled today’s game against Boise. Looks like Santa Clara county just banned contact sports for the next 3 weeks. That includes 49ers and Stanford team. Unless they play the game at aloha stadium next week or they go to Vegas and find a venue to play.
My guess...and I could be wrong here.... but the game will probably moved to Vegas which would be interesting as next week's Wyoming @ UNM game will be played at Sam Boyd Stadium near Las Vegas.

No idea what the NFL will do with the Niners since they got two home games left after this weekend. Next week's home game vs. Buffalo and the week after hosting the unnamed Washington Football Team.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

They should move the game here.
ImageImage

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

couz808 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:39 pm They just canceled today’s game against Boise. Looks like Santa Clara county just banned contact sports for the next 3 weeks. That includes 49ers and Stanford team. Unless they play the game at aloha stadium next week or they go to Vegas and find a venue to play.
Wasn't the game cancelled due to COVID cases on Boise's team, not Santa Clara's ban? So the game will most likely be moved. I vote for Hawaii.
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

travo66 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 pm
Wasn't the game cancelled due to COVID cases on Boise's team, not Santa Clara's ban? So the game will most likely be moved. I vote for Hawaii.
I guess the other issue is the 14 day quarantine if they travel more than 150 miles. They wouldn't be able to play for two weeks afterward.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:57 pm No idea what the NFL will do with the Niners since they got two home games left after this weekend. Next week's home game vs. Buffalo and the week after hosting the unnamed Washington Football Team.
It would be a blessing for this 49er fan if they cancel the season. Kyle Shanahan's genius? Jimmy G for 2 more years?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

There are so many places to play in the Bay Area which is within the 150 mile radius of San Jose if SJSU wants to have the game played. They have the Oakland Coliseum still used for Oakland A's baseball and was the stadium for Raiders, then there's Oracle Park, home of the SF Giants where they play the Kraft Bowl, and the many surrounding college stadiums which include St. Mary's, Cal Bears, Laney College, City College of San Francisco, etc. Just a matter of SJSU Administration getting creative if the Nevada game hasn't scared them.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:46 am There are so many places to play in the Bay Area which is within the 150 mile radius of San Jose if SJSU wants to have the game played. They have the Oakland Coliseum still used for Oakland A's baseball and was the stadium for Raiders, then there's Oracle Park, home of the SF Giants where they play the Kraft Bowl, and the many surrounding college stadiums which include St. Mary's, Cal Bears, Laney College, City College of San Francisco, etc. Just a matter of SJSU Administration getting creative if the Nevada game hasn't scared them.
This ^^^
As long as the game is played outside of Santa Clara County, but within the stated 150 mile radius, the SJSU team would not have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return to campus. No way they will play in Hawaii or Las Vegas. There will be no fans anyway, so a big stadium is not required to play in.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Worse case scenario if SJSU cannot play, UH needs to make contingency plans right now just in case. Look at SDSU playing at Colorado this past week since the Fresno game was canceled. We can schedule a pac 12 team if one of their games get canceled or BYU. I know we probably would be playing in the mainland but UH needs to be proactive.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

couz808 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:41 pm Worse case scenario if SJSU cannot play, UH needs to make contingency plans right now just in case. Look at SDSU playing at Colorado this past week since the Fresno game was canceled. We can schedule a pac 12 team if one of their games get canceled or BYU. I know we probably would be playing in the mainland but UH needs to be proactive.
I like Dignity Sports Park in LA where SDSU is playing. If we can pick up a game, we should go there.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:04 am
couz808 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:41 pm Worse case scenario if SJSU cannot play, UH needs to make contingency plans right now just in case. Look at SDSU playing at Colorado this past week since the Fresno game was canceled. We can schedule a pac 12 team if one of their games get canceled or BYU. I know we probably would be playing in the mainland but UH needs to be proactive.
I like Dignity Sports Park in LA where SDSU is playing. If we can pick up a game, we should go there.
And play who there?

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Re: Is this weeks game against SJSU cancelled?

Post by sarvicdar »

Explain to me why can't the California governor make an exception and allow SJ to play on their home field. Both teams and players are Covid-19 tested 3 times a week, are basically in quarantine during the entire football season and moreso when the teams are on the road and you are trying to tell me that there is a greater risk that if game was played between these two teams that are super wrapped from spreading disease that it poses a threat to California 10k reported cases a day and health system. No. I just wish there was a medical expert that would step in and say to the governor there's no threat that these teams playing will contribute to spreading the disease in a vacant stadium.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:04 am
And play who there?
Wisconsin

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Is this weeks game against SJSU cancelled?

Post by EITSwarrior »

Game moved to Aloha Stadium.

Pliny
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Hawaii vs San Jose to be played at Aloha stadium. Cheeeeehooo!

Post by Pliny »