Drew Buggs enters transfer portal

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Drew Buggs enters transfer portal

Post by Irse »

per DeMello on Channel 2 news. Will be a grad transfer.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Re: Drew Buggs in trasfer portal

Post by uhwarriors »

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/03/ ... er-portal/
Star-Advertiser wrote:Point guard Drew Buggs, the University of Hawaii basketball team’s career leader in assists, confirmed he has entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

“It’s been a tough year for me, obviously,” said Buggs, whose mother died of cancer in October. “I told Coach (Eran) Ganot since I’ll be graduating in May, I would like to explore my options and look at the possibilities of playing closer to home (Long Beach, Calif.) or playing at a higher level. But I’m not completely against leaving Hawaii. We talked about the possibility of returning, as well.”

Buggs, who was a fourth-year junior this past season, is on track to earn a bachelor’s degree in communications in May. If he chooses to leave UH, he would be eligible to play at the next school as a graduate transfer during the 2020-21 season.

Ganot said: “Number one, we appreciate all he’s done for our program. Obviously, there’s a lot that goes into this, a lot of work, together on and off the court for four years, been through a lot. … We’re appreciative for that. And secondly, as we do with all our guys, we’re here to support him and wish him well.”

Buggs, a graduate of Long Beach Poly High, redshirted as a freshman while recovering from ACL surgery. He started the past three years. This past season, Buggs and post Zigmars Raimo were co-captains. He leaves the program with 437 career assists, having passed Troy Bowe (412) on Feb. 8 at Cal Poly.

“I love Hawaii,” Buggs said. “I’ll always love Hawaii. It has such a place in my heart.”

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Wow, that's a big hit to the UH program. Hate to see him go. He was the main stabilizing force at UH. Higher level?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Wishing Drew the best for future success. A tough Warrior through and through.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Drew Buggs enters transfer portal

Post by kapakahi »

To the transfer portal....again.... https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1379878716264701952

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/stonecolddrew/status/1390123539500617729

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This is actually a step down isn't it? I would think he'd want to try playing in the G league or Europe.