Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Message
Author
User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12670
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#31 Post by Irse » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:02 am

Now Trump wants to ease social distancing. What a moron.
ImageImage

User avatar
shrek2
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#32 Post by shrek2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:08 am

Irse wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:02 am
Now Trump wants to ease social distancing. What a moron.
Actually, I feel like he brought on this pandemic to the US because he was slow to act in January through February and even early March. It caused for the shortage of PPE, ventilators for the sick and testing. Finally he invokes the DPA (Defense Powers Act) to acquire 60,000 coronavirus test kits. Too little too late.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21B29W
He has to get most businesses to thrive for the economy to recover so I have to agree with him there. But, he still does not have the infrastructure to control the virus from going through waves as previously predicted. He should have production facilities (eg. Boeing, GM, etc) producing more testing kits, PPE and ventilators under the DPA (Defense Production Act). The economy has to turn around for his re-election but, something has to happen in order to avoid tanking of the economy and a greater depression than the one in 1930. Where is the $2T coming from?

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12670
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#33 Post by Irse » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Ige no longer listening to Green regarding the virus. Don't understand that

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/03/hawai ... s78dbATRw8
ImageImage

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10440
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#34 Post by uhwarriors » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Irse wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm
Ige no longer listening to Green regarding the virus. Don't understand that

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/03/hawai ... s78dbATRw8
Unbelievable. :roll:

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6514
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#35 Post by SundayJam » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:32 am

Irse wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 am
https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1242178293459189760
Now that the relief bill has been passed, do Democratic adjustments to the relief bill still bother you? The points that the Democrats held out for were well worth it. I also think this relief bill passed much faster than Trump's recognition of the crisis. Had Trump and the Republicans recognized the dilemma within a reasonable amount of time we would not have to spend all this money. Which is worse...big government or stupid government which spends more by ignoring the problem? Accountability seems to be the best accomplishment.

Look, I know we are all in this predicament together. The world has changed so much from when I was a boy.



Link

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12670
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#36 Post by Irse » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:07 am

SundayJam wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:32 am
Irse wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:38 am
https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1242178293459189760
Now that the relief bill has been passed, do Democratic adjustments to the relief bill still bother you? The points that the Democrats held out for were well worth it. I also think this relief bill passed much faster than Trump's recognition of the crisis. Had Trump and the Republicans recognized the dilemma within a reasonable amount of time we would not have to spend all this money. Which is worse...big government or stupid government which spends more by ignoring the problem? Accountability seems to be the best accomplishment.

Look, I know we are all in this predicament together. The world has changed so much from when I was a boy.



Link
I don't know. Got to find out what's in the bill and sure not going to rely on CNN or MSNBC or Fox.
ImageImage

User avatar
shrek2
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#37 Post by shrek2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 am

None of the Trump businesses will be given consideration but that's not to say money will not wiggle into the Trump family. Trump consistently stays at his hotels and resorts which means that the entourage and secret service have rooms at $650/night. The RNC is paying Trump family $ during his re-election campaign which includes a monthly check to Melania and Trump Jr's girlfriend. It would not have come to light had Trump Jr's girlfriend not complained about not receiving a check.

One thing I know that the Democrats were fighting for was the higher unemployment payments as opposed to the (Yang gang idea) payoff of $1000-$3000. I believe that the Democrats are trying to make it as air tight as possible to avoid Trump from misusing the funds.

User avatar
shrek2
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#38 Post by shrek2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am

How did the richest country run out of 75 cent face masks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-t ... d=primentp
Hmmm, the China trade tariff was signed in December 2019 but it's the same agreement that China agreed to in 2018.

Lucky for me, I grabbed a couple of masks at my last physical to use while I used my leaf blower. Not a germophobic but it does prevent coughers and sneezers from spreading the air too far.

User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10440
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#39 Post by uhwarriors » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 pm

uhwarriors wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 pm
Irse wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm
Ige no longer listening to Green regarding the virus. Don't understand that

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/03/hawai ... s78dbATRw8
Unbelievable. :roll:
The official explanation. :roll: :roll: :roll:
https://twitter.com/GovHawaii/status/1242642837256077313

User avatar
shrek2
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#40 Post by shrek2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 pm

I guess the consensus interpretation of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick's comments is grandparents should be willing to die for the sake of keeping the economy alive for their grandchildren. GOP from Texas.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/numbnutte ... ronavirus/

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12670
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#41 Post by Irse » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:09 pm

shrek2 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 pm
I guess the consensus interpretation of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick's comments is grandparents should be willing to die for the sake of keeping the economy alive for their grandchildren. GOP from Texas.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/numbnutte ... ronavirus/
Wow, just wow. Can't believe someone would say something like that.
ImageImage

User avatar
shrek2
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#42 Post by shrek2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Irse wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:09 pm
shrek2 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:32 pm
I guess the consensus interpretation of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick's comments is grandparents should be willing to die for the sake of keeping the economy alive for their grandchildren. GOP from Texas.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/numbnutte ... ronavirus/
Wow, just wow. Can't believe someone would say something like that.
This is a little bit like "Soylent Green," a 1973 movie which is suppose to take place in the future 2022. Overpopulation, pollution, climate change, etc cause for the creation of food base call soylent green.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6514
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#43 Post by SundayJam » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 pm

shrek2 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am
How did the richest country run out of 75 cent face masks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-t ... d=primentp
Hmmm, the China trade tariff was signed in December 2019 but it's the same agreement that China agreed to in 2018.

Lucky for me, I grabbed a couple of masks at my last physical to use while I used my leaf blower. Not a germophobic but it does prevent coughers and sneezers from spreading the air too far.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6ru9aE8OM&t=435s[/youtube] Check this evidence that China is selling the masks that were donated by America back to the USA. Coverage of the scam begins at 3:45. Youtube won't embed this clip. I don't know why.

User avatar
shrek2
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#44 Post by shrek2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 pm

SundayJam wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 pm
shrek2 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am
How did the richest country run out of 75 cent face masks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-t ... d=primentp
Hmmm, the China trade tariff was signed in December 2019 but it's the same agreement that China agreed to in 2018.

Lucky for me, I grabbed a couple of masks at my last physical to use while I used my leaf blower. Not a germophobic but it does prevent coughers and sneezers from spreading the air too far.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6ru9aE8OM&t=435s[/youtube] Check this evidence that China is selling the masks that were donated by America back to the USA. Coverage of the scam begins at 3:45. Youtube won't embed this clip. I don't know why.
Sounds like Chinese-Americans bought the masks to help their relatives, friends, etc but the CCP intercepted the donations and sold it back to the US. The people that sent it over in the first place caused a shortage in my opinion. But, I think that there is no reason why Trump cannot use the DPA to produce this as well as ventilators which there is a shortage of. The CCP sounds really corrupt so I would opt for the US to work with other scientists to start working with other countries to collect more data and find out about the disease. It was France who first found the HIV virus and without the sharing worldwide, we would never have advanced so far with HIV.

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6514
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

#45 Post by SundayJam » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:11 am

Chinese government censorship is responsible for this pandemic.



Link



Link

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], shrek2 and 31 guests