Coronavirus

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Coronavirus

Post by wyokie »

ubercow wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:11 pm
wyokie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:01 pm Welp, I'm going to have to go in to get tested for COVID tomorrow. At the museum I volunteer at here in OKC, someone who I, apparently, talk to tested positive for it.
that sucks dude, good luck
The funny thing is....I got tested for it before having a simple procedure done about a month and a half ago and tested negative for it. So I should be O.K. I always wore my mask while volunteering at the museum.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:54 pm
wyokie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:01 pm Welp, I'm going to have to go in to get tested for COVID tomorrow. At the museum I volunteer at here in OKC, someone who I, apparently, talk to tested positive for it.
The funny thing is....I got tested for it before having a simple procedure done about a month and a half ago and tested negative for it. So I should be O.K. I always wore my mask while volunteering at the museum.
I got tested as well since i thought I had streph throat in June. They swabbed by nose and throat. I thought the nose swab touched the bottom of my eyeball and the throat swab was as bad. I tested negative for both streph and Covid but still the test is really not the most pleasant feeling.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:57 pm
I got tested as well since i thought I had streph throat in June. They swabbed by nose and throat. I thought the nose swab touched the bottom of my eyeball and the throat swab was as bad. I tested negative for both streph and Covid but still the test is really not the most pleasant feeling.
The first time I got tested for COVID, the nurse swabbed my nose. Thankfully it was far better than the normal flu test I had years ago where the nurse, at the time, shoved the swab up my nose so far I honestly thought it touched my brain!!!!! I have never gotten swabbed by the throat.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:59 pm
shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:57 pm

The first time I got tested for COVID, the nurse swabbed my nose. Thankfully it was far better than the normal flu test I had years ago where the nurse, at the time, shoved the swab up my nose so far I honestly thought it touched my brain!!!!! I have never gotten swabbed by the throat.
Yeah, I think they tried to pull off some brain cells for testing but they missed since most of those cells were lost to beer. :D It's an uncomfortable feeling because they go way up there. But they did the swab of the throat as well and that was besides the swab of the throat for strep. Covid results came back later in the day. Strep I had to ask for and got a response in two days that it was negative but I already started the antibiotic so just continued the antibiotic for the duration.

There is always that caveat that they send you via email or messages which is although you tested negative for Covid-19, it does not mean that you don't have the virus.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

tier 2 starting today on Oahu: https://www.oneoahu.org/reopening-tier2

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Coronavirus vaccine explained (mostly Pfizer) and how it will affect you. Some swearing by Dr. Duc Vuong but it helps explain what news doesn't.

Link

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »