Coronavirus

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ubercow »

Irse wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:11 am Another cruise ship with coronavirus victims docks in Florida. Why are these people still going on cruises? Are people really that stupid?

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/04/ ... n-florida/
they really shouldn't be running at this point. saw a ship the other day by aloha tower, I hope that's the broken one and not new ones still coming here.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:38 am
ubercow wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:32 am
shrek2 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:20 am Detroit bus driver complains on Facebook about a lady coughing on his bus without covering her mouth on March 21st, he takes ill on March 25th, and dies of Covid-19 on April 1st.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/de ... s-n1175886
This article shows his rant on facebook regarding the coughing woman. Be advised that it does have swearing if you're offended by swearing.
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... hing-rider
saw this, pretty sad. dude has a major point, people have been told non-stop for weeks now to curb these habits along with their consequences. if you still do it, you're just a crappy selfish person.
I saw that yesterday. That's sad.
This is also a sad commentary about our failure in the US to teach common sense like covering their mouths when you sneeze or cough whether there is a coronavirus or not or, whether it is flu season or not. It's not just proper etiquette but a safety issue because the person next to you might have cystic fibrosis or asthma and your disease could be deadly to these people.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The most interesting aspect of the article below is that they have no data on who may have gotten the virus and exhibited mild symptoms and recovered since they were never tested. Also, getting the disease doesn't mean that you will build immunity to the disease since it requires more study.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... spartanntp

Walmart is limiting shoppers to 5 per 1000 sq feet.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 944542001/
Target is doing the same although it doesn't state # of people in the store or how.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/target- ... 15782.html

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 am
ubercow wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:32 am

saw this, pretty sad. dude has a major point, people have been told non-stop for weeks now to curb these habits along with their consequences. if you still do it, you're just a crappy selfish person.
This is also a sad commentary about our failure in the US to teach common sense like covering their mouths when you sneeze or cough whether there is a coronavirus or not or, whether it is flu season or not. It's not just proper etiquette but a safety issue because the person next to you might have cystic fibrosis or asthma and your disease could be deadly to these people.
It pisses me off when I see people don’t cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze. Especially when my dad doesn’t cover his mouth and all my life growing up he’s been telling myself, my sisters and his grandchildren to cover their mouths. I swear he’s gotten me sick at least three times due to him not covering his mouth.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

If you need a mask

ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:54 pm If you need a mask

:lol: I got two of those. All I need is toilet tissue. I can save my other masks for leaf blowing.

Nice Q&A regarding coronavirus and doctor at USC.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellne ... r-BB12aOfc
Puts wellness ahead of age as a determination as to who will be affected seriously. 50 research papers already put together.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 pm

It pisses me off when I see people don’t cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze. Especially when my dad doesn’t cover his mouth and all my life growing up he’s been telling myself, my sisters and his grandchildren to cover their mouths. I swear he’s gotten me sick at least three times due to him not covering his mouth.
:lol: Parents are exempt from rules of etiquette as long as they taught their kids the right way. That's why they seat all the old folks at the same table at weddings reminiscent of the scene from Blazing Saddles after the cowboys eat the beans at the campfire.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:38 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:45 pm
:lol: Parents are exempt from rules of etiquette as long as they taught their kids the right way. That's why they seat all the old folks at the same table at weddings reminiscent of the scene from Blazing Saddles after the cowboys eat the beans at the campfire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

This is what the curve looks like where I live. Masks, gloves, hand sanitizers, curfews, social distancing, lock-down of non-essential services (me included) may have worked. They even shut down all international flights. Man, I hope I can get back to work soon...by soon, I mean in 30 days.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Zoo animals and pets are now being tested positive for COVID-19.

Irse

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:09 am

Link

Zoo animals and pets are now being tested positive for COVID-19.
Didn't this virus supposedly come from bats? I don't see why other mammals can't get it.
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

Last night they showed all the people at Lanikila beach. It was crowded, why aren't they enforcing the stay at home order? It's one thing to go surfing and then go home when pau, but these guys are mingling with each other on the beach like nothing was going on.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:35 am Didn't this virus supposedly come from bats? I don't see why other mammals can't get it.
I recall that in earlier readings that it came from bat feces. Made me think of the movie Ace Ventura When Nature Calls and the highly valued guano.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

haven't validated this site/info yet, but found a site showing national+state projections using the chris murray model (same projection model white house staff references) if full social distancing kept up until may 31

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections