*** Official Nick Rolovich Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Rolo speaks about his dismissal

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:42 pm I'm pretty sure we all get vaccinated as children. It's why we don't have to worry about things like polio anymore. The late governor Burns' wife had it. How about Typhoid Mary? She also put up one helluva fight when confronted by the government. Didn't millions of people die as a result of Covid19? This was no joke.

I don't want to see Rolovich ruined, but he failed on a pretty basic safety precaution. Don't forget, Rolovich lied about having been vaccinated as well. What is more, he only claimed religious exemption after he got caught. Yeah, it sounds pretty insincere to me...as well as reckless.

I found a pretty good read on Typhoid Mary. Check it out. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... -spreaders
There was also the measles outbreak recently in Samoa that killed a bunch of kids because they were unvaccinated.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Rolo speaks about his dismissal

Post by cabanalane »

How about this. Rolo was going to get fired from Wash. Afterall, he was underperforming. Stepping up from Hawaii to Pac-12 is a big promotion. But when you play in the big leagues, make big money, even winning can get you fired. It's a tough gig at Pac-12 IMO. And when you are not winning, fans and boosters would want you out.

COVID affected everyone, and IMO Rolo used it as an excuse. But once you go down that road, it's too late and too deep to back pedal back out.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: *** Official Nick Rolovich Thread ***

Post by shrek2 »

Apparently, Rolo coached as an assistant at a Novato High School called San Marin as a volunteer.
https://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/ar ... 575200.php
He was spotted at the UH/SJSU game wearing UH colors. Maybe in about 5 years, people might forget what he said when he had to leave although this suit might work against him.

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

I didn't know he moved back to the Bay Area. Might have to keep an eye out for da guy.

battistadonati
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by battistadonati »

What do you guys think about this?
It sounds like a load of crap to me...
https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 172928493/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Looks like Rolo's constitutional rights were not violated according to a Washington judge.
https://www.si.com/college/2023/05/31/f ... -dismissed
I guess now he can get on with the rest of his life and find good coaching jobs with smaller colleges to start in a nice area of the country.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

As a player, Rolo got lucky his one, last year at Hawaii as a starting QB. After wallowing in the muck afterwards, he was given another chance by McMackin to coach here. He rang the bell yet again. Then, Chow discarded him with yesterday's trash along with Aranda. After the Chow debacle, he was blessed to restart anew as a coach here. He performed to expectations. After which, he followed JJ's lead to 'greener pastures'. Then, he fell victim to all the internet nonsense as did that GB QB. Who ever would have thought a global pandemic would change things this way? Rolo is/was a playah's coach. I think the character issues are too great to overcome.

Aranda has already achieved more than any other coach at Hawaii could ever hope to achieve.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I'm thankful that UH had Rolo for the four years that they did. He sold the program and the sport well during the time he was here. I see football, basketball, baseball, etc as reality shows. The sport has to have good stars to promote their shows and Rolo did that for UH football. I just hope he's got his mind in the right place now to take steps to climb the ladder again and eventually get back into a big time program if he wants to.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:37 am Looks like Rolo's constitutional rights were not violated according to a Washington judge.
https://www.si.com/college/2023/05/31/f ... -dismissed
I guess now he can get on with the rest of his life and find good coaching jobs with smaller colleges to start in a nice area of the country.
The article linked is an example of internet garbage. The title says wrongful termination suit dismissed. But the last paragraph doesn’t say the action was dismissed. This just leaves the reader confused as to what is going on.

Believe me, if and when Rolo loses this …. There will be great celebration because neo-liberals love to use the vax debate for hate and division. Old school liberals like myself don’t celebrate this.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Here is the original poorly written story that was rewritten by SI writer who was creating disinformation through his own incompetence. https://www.krem.com/article/sports/jud ... b825c451fe

The original story was horribly written. Repeating compounds the problem. Putting it in a forum adds to the problem. No offense to you Shrek. Probably 90 percent of readers don’t read beneath the headline anymore. And many still think news organizations at least try to be trustworthy. I got news, most of these organizations don’t care about journalism anymore. They really don’t.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I try to follow Rolo because I think he has a lot to offer in coaching at any level. Hopefully, if he wants to coach instead of being an SF Chinatown fireman, he can rise to getting up to the level he was at WSU. I'm hoping that the vax, no-vax, covid issues are in the past like it is for me, so that fans of Rolo can enjoy what he has to offer in the game of football.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:08 am I try to follow Rolo because I think he has a lot to offer in coaching at any level. Hopefully, if he wants to coach instead of being an SF Chinatown fireman, he can rise to getting up to the level he was at WSU. I'm hoping that the vax, no-vax, covid issues are in the past like it is for me, so that fans of Rolo can enjoy what he has to offer in the game of football.
I want Chang to succeed. But, I see Rolo as a potential back-up plan down the road. Unfortunately, I never met more politically intolerant people than those in Hawaii. And that is ironic given local history. Rolo would never be accepted here. They won’t forgive him for not following how they expect people to act. They hate individualism with a passion.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:51 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:08 am I try to follow Rolo because I think he has a lot to offer in coaching at any level. Hopefully, if he wants to coach instead of being an SF Chinatown fireman, he can rise to getting up to the level he was at WSU. I'm hoping that the vax, no-vax, covid issues are in the past like it is for me, so that fans of Rolo can enjoy what he has to offer in the game of football.
I want Chang to succeed. But, I see Rolo as a potential back-up plan down the road. Unfortunately, I never met more politically intolerant people than those in Hawaii. And that is ironic given local history. Rolo would never be accepted here. They won’t forgive him for not following how they expect people to act. They hate individualism with a passion.
This is becoming a problem on the mainland as well.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

This is really OT, but Hawaii is an island community where I learned to "go along" (within reason) to "get along." I've worked/lived in six states and overseas and this concept of go along to get along helped immensely, as I moved from one community to the next although they were very different in culture. A lot of Americans who came over to work used to complain on the first day how rigid and crazy the way people were in Europe. They didn't last that long although all of them came over with the idea of making it a year to get tax exempt income.

Back on topic, if Rolo is still interested in coaching, I see possible opportunities in places like UC Davis or Sac State. I don't see Rolo coming back to UH not because of his stance on vaxing but more because he left. People hold more of a grudge I think because he left and will leave again.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Individualism. Yeah, well...one could argue the same in regard to Collin Kaepernick. Both showed promise. They shared a WAC championship. One led a team to a Super Bowl. One's a fireman...the other's a philanthropist.

Rolo's done. Sadly, there are many more coaches who have become irrelevant since. Not unlike aspiring to become a pro football player or an actor, coaching is an elusive goal. Hawaii has amassed a rather large list of qualified coaches who no longer fit. It has nothing to do with 'go along to get along'.

Aloha, Rolovich! Thanks for whooping BYU back in the day. Thanks for backin' McMackin. Thanks for bringing back some of the Mack after that awful Chowball.