*** Official Nick Rolovich Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Rolo speaks about his dismissal

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Rolo speaks about his dismissal

Post by shrek2 »

I'm trying to find something substantive in his argument but I can't find anything. I guess if EEOC says "no," he can always appeal. My guess is his stay in big time football is over. Maybe FCS is California.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

To me religious exemptions are crap shoot.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:07 am To me religious exemptions are crap shoot.
I don’t understand it either. But his beliefs is not my belief system.

The problem I have is when bureaucrats have to make a determination about people’s beliefs. Like whether they are sincere or not. Government has no business making this kind of determination.

If you read the article, I think Rolo was surprised a bit about their approach. I am guessing because he was educated in a high school in which people are taught to have critical thinking skills. I find so many in authority that lack basic critical thinking skills.

I think there are some that want Rolo to fail. I see it in part of our culture. We are tolerant of everyone that is like us. If they are not like us, we will bash them. It is a very sad version of tolerance. But I see it all the time. Rolo needs to fail because he is not complying with our version of behavior and thought on our plantation. And us guys are the greatest people you know. No one better than us.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Yeah, I wonder what made them determine he wasn't sincere.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:19 am Yeah, I wonder what made them determine he wasn't sincere.
Maybe cause of his political beliefs and he was just using religious exemption as an excuse.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

[vimeo][/vimeo]
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:30 am
Irse wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:19 am Yeah, I wonder what made them determine he wasn't sincere.
Maybe cause of his political beliefs and he was just using religious exemption as an excuse.
As soon as a government determines who is sincere about religion, then I assure you we are living in a bigoted place.

The whole concept of a religious sincerity test is about absurd as one can get. Certainly, not consistent with the Constitution.

Only the individual gets to determine their own beliefs. And individuals are entitled to be fake. A government official doesn’t get to rule on fakeness when it comes to religion in a free country. That sounds like communism. It is also part of the something that could lead to a revolutionary war as history as shown.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:01 pm [vimeo][/vimeo]
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:30 am
As soon as a government determines who is sincere about religion, then I assure you we are living in a bigoted place.

The whole concept of a religious sincerity test is about absurd as one can get. Certainly, not consistent with the Constitution.

Only the individual gets to determine their own beliefs. And individuals are entitled to be fake. A government official doesn’t get to rule on fakeness when it comes to religion in a free country. That sounds like communism. It is also part of the something that could lead to a revolutionary war as history as shown.
Thats why I said religious exemption is a crap shoot and should not have been part of the equation.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Wonder if the fact that the Catholic church said the vaccine was OK was a factor.
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Agreed. Unless, you allow everyone to take a religious exemption without exception you just shouldn’t have one.

I am loaded up with shots. Max’d out at 5 so far.

I still believe there are many case where better job could have been done accommodating those that didn’t want it. We seem to make accommodations for just about anything.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Irse wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:08 pm Wonder if the fact that the Catholic church said the vaccine was OK was a factor.
Could be. But this is where I get very protective of Constitutional rights. I believe you can be a religion of one person. Or a journalist of one person and you get the same protections as established organizations. The rights apply to the individual. The government should not be making rules that remove rights from individuals because they aren’t in the mainstream organizations or agree with their organization.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

At least he didn't say it's WOKE by Republicans or it's racism by the Stephen A. Smith of the world.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I'm pretty sure we all get vaccinated as children. It's why we don't have to worry about things like polio anymore. The late governor Burns' wife had it. How about Typhoid Mary? She also put up one helluva fight when confronted by the government. Didn't millions of people die as a result of Covid19? This was no joke.

I don't want to see Rolovich ruined, but he failed on a pretty basic safety precaution. Don't forget, Rolovich lied about having been vaccinated as well. What is more, he only claimed religious exemption after he got caught. Yeah, it sounds pretty insincere to me...as well as reckless.

I found a pretty good read on Typhoid Mary. Check it out. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... -spreaders

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Per the article, it sounds like Rolovich is going off on a tangent. He was most likely put off with the firing of his Football Operations guy because of his questions to the Wazzu physician. But to call his boss, the AD, names using the F word and being quoted in the article is making him untouchable by other colleges.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

In the article, Rolo tries to profess martyrdom for his choice...which is pretty incriminating as to its role in his ability to fulfill his duties as a head coach:
Rolovich told The Daily Wire. "That was what was speaking to me the whole time. It was real hard because I was unvaccinated, couldn't meet with the [players]. I'm stuck in my office all day. It was really unhealthy for me, but I have no regrets on my decision."
He also comes across as quite crazy in his search for justification in avoiding a vaccination:
Rolovich did not address a 1-on-1 meeting WSU arranged for him with Palmer, who told ESPN that Rolovich had "major hesitancy" about the vaccine and asked questions commonly linked to conspiracy theorists.

"Kind of typical ones: Is Bill Gates involved with the vaccines? Does [Gates] hold a patent on the vaccines?" Palmer told ESPN. "He asked whether SV40 is in the vaccines and whether that could be a dangerous thing. And the answer to that is no."
Aside from sounding crazy, it also adds credence to the assertion that he is not sincere in his application for a religious exemption.