*** Official Arkansas Football Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

*** Official Arkansas Football Thread ***

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Sorry I'm late in posting this. Here are a few videos that you can watch to learn a little bit about Coach Sam Pittman and his indoctrination as the Head Coach of Arkansas Football.

I feel he is a great hire. He is an awesome coach, leader, teacher, person. He is humble. He is honest. He has plenty of coaching experience in the SEC. He loves Arkansas and the Razorbacks. He knows Arkansas and the Razorbacks from coaching here with Bret Bielema as the head coach. Pittman can recruit with the best of them. I feel he will make sure we get the best recruits possible. He isn't afraid to go after 4 and 5 star recruits. It all starts with recruiting and ends with teaching/coaching the players. It appears that won't be a problem.

I'm excited about his hire. I'm excited about the coaching staff he has put around him. I can't wait to see how they will improve the way the team plays together and cares about one another. I know they will get the players to buy in. The proof will be known when the season starts and ends.

Can he turn around the program like JJ did Hawaii? You never know. I believe in miracles.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Head Coach for Arkansas Football

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam Pittman

Link
https://twitter.com/i/status/1236700823083601922

Link

Link
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

There ain’t NOTHING like Arkansas! #WPS

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241018452514652160 https://twitter.com/i/status/1241073463579889665 https://twitter.com/i/status/1241137694614290433 https://twitter.com/i/status/1241118893327990784

Link

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Recruit

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Arkansas Football 2020 ~ "I’ll Keep Coming"

Her we go! Season about to start. A really difficult schedule for Arkansas to try and improve from the past two years of not winning an SEC game. They are 0-18 streak in SEC games. The young men are ready to get that first win. You never know how things will turn out until the games are played and completed. I believe in these coaches and players. Most importantly the players believe in the coaches and themselves too. When adversity hits we all will find out just what they are made of. Georgia will be that adversity.

HERE COME THE RAZORBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Link

Link

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopiiiiiiigsoooie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2020 Roster Coaches and Staff

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m- ... er/#roster

Last Chance U Star || Arkansas RB Rakeem “The Dream” Boyd Highlights

Link

Razorbacks' Morgan on linebackers improving, new defensive coordinator

Link

Razorback Football: Spring 2020 Strength Program

Link

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Arkansas Razorbacks: One Razorback

Link

Arkansas Razorbacks: Tusk Day in the Life

Link

The Evolution of the Arkansas Razorback - Only in Arkansas

Link

Ralphie May on being an Arkansas Razorbacks fan

Link
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Arkansas Razorbacks: 9/11 Stair Climb

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Arkansas Razorbacks: SEC Anniversary

Link

ABOUT HOG TIME! / Arkansas Razorbacks Roster Breakdown

Link

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Friday before gameday

http://digital.learfieldimgcollege.com/ ... ia-fb.html https://twitter.com/i/status/1309501060797652993 https://twitter.com/i/status/1309589742447722496

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

10 Things To Know - Georgia

10 Things To Know – Georgia
Jacob Pavilack
JACOB PAVILACK
September 25, 2020
Arkansas opens the 2020 season and the Sam Pittman era by welcoming No. 4 Georgia to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for a 3 p.m. tilt on Saturday, Sept. 26. The game will be broadcast on SEC Network and the ESPN app.

10 Things to Know Before Kickoff

1. – The quartet of senior RB Rakeem Boyd, junior WR Mike Woods and sophomore WRs Treylon Burks and Trey Knox combined for 2,967 all-purpose yards last season, nearly 60% of the 2019 Razorbacks total yardage. Overall, Arkansas returns approximately 81% of its all-purpose yards from last season.

2. – Graduate transfer QB Feleipe Franks is slated to start behind center when the Razorback offense takes the field against the Bulldogs. The veteran is no stranger to the SEC after spending 2017-19 as Florida’s starting signal caller, where he guided the 2018 Gators to a No. 6 final ranking in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll and a 41-15 Chick Fil-A Peach Bowl victory over No. 7 Michigan. Franks played in 28 games and made 25 starts for the Gators, registering 4,593 passing yards with 37 touchdowns to 17 interceptions and a 59.1% completion percentage (354-for-599). In addition, the Crawfordsville, Fla. product ran for 438 yards and eight scores. Franks was Florida’s starting quarterback the first three games last season but missed the remainder of the year due to injury.

3. – Senior RB Rakeem Boyd is back for his third season on the Hill after leading the team in rushing each of the last two seasons. Last year, he carried the ball 184 times for 1,133 yards and eight touchdowns while also hauling in 19 receptions for 160 yards. The Houston, Texas native has run for 100+ yards in a game eight times during his Razorback career, making him one of just 16 backs in school history to do so. Boyd ranked fourth in the SEC and 27th nationally averaging 94.4 yards per game; in addition, his 6.4 yards per carry ranked ninth in the conference. On just eight carries, he rushed for a career-best 185 yards against Western Kentucky, averaging 23.1 yards per attempt, including two touchdown runs of 76 and 86 yards with the latter being a career-long.

4. – Arkansas is welcoming two new transfer additions on the defensive line to bolster its front. JUCO transfer Julius Coates comes from East Mississippi CC where he racked up 30 tackles, 9.0 tackles for loss and 6.0 sacks last season. Graduate transfer Xavier Kelly joins the fold from Clemson where he won two National Championships and four ACC Championships, while durable senior Jonathan Marshall returns after missing just one game in the last four years. Marshall finished third on the team in 2019 making 4.5 tackles for loss.

5. – Razorback players selected four seniors in Boyd, Franks, Marshall and LB Grant Morgan to serve as team captains for the 2020 campaign.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1306235719048814594 6. – Nobody expected Sam Pittman’s Arkansas head coaching debut to come against his previous employer, Georgia, but due to the 10-game SEC-only schedule, the Bulldogs were added to the slate as the season-opener. Pittman spent 2016-19 on Georgia’s staff as the associate head coach/offensive line coach for current Bulldog head coach Kirby Smart, where the duo won three SEC Eastern Division titles and reached the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship Game. Hogs assistant head coach/special teams coordinator Scott Fountain was also on staff in Athens from 2016-18.

7. – Junior LB Bumper Pool is the leading returning tackler in 2020 and his 94 stops last season ranked second on the Razorbacks. He is the leading returner with 6.5 tackles for loss last season, which was tied for second-most on the 2019 squad. The Lucas, Texas native leads all active Hogs with 123 career tackles and tied for the active lead with 9.0 tackles for loss.

8. – The Hogs and Dawgs are meeting for the 15th time in a series that dates back to 1969. Georgia won the last meeting of the series, a wild 45-32 contest in 2014 in Little Rock, to gain a 10-4 all-time series lead. They haven’t met in Fayetteville since 2009, when Georgia won the highest-scoring game all-time in the series, 51-42. The Bulldogs have an 8-2 series lead in conference games.

9. – Due to COVID-19, there are many schedule notables as the Razorbacks begin their campaign. Arkansas has never hosted an SEC opponent to begin the season; the earliest conference home game was Week 2 of the 2009 season against Georgia. Ranked fourth, Georgia is the highest-ranked foe the Razorbacks have faced in a home opener since No. 3 Miami (Fla.) on Aug. 31, 1991, in Little Rock. Its been 62 years since Arkansas opened its season at home against a conference opponent as it welcomed then Southwest Conference member Baylor on Sept. 20, 1958, in Frank Broyles’ first game as head coach. Saturday’s game is also the latest season opener since Sept. 26, 1953, when Arkansas took on Oklahoma State in Little Rock.

10. – COVID-19 capacity restrictions have limited Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium to an expected crowd of 16,000-17,000 spectators. Razorback Stadium’s official capacity was last around that mark from 1947-49 at 18,500 spectators.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EQUALITY

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309599557521678336 https://twitter.com/i/status/1309583452698681344 https://twitter.com/i/status/1309521332468510721 https://twitter.com/i/status/1309491438313304066
Red Glow Friday Debuts Sep. 25
September 23, 2020
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — In an effort to build on the recently introduced tradition of lighting Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium the night prior to home football games, Razorback fans are invited to participate in an expanded celebration this year as part of “Red Glow Fridays.”

Since 2014, Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium has been bathed in red the night before home football games. Fans can now show their support in a variety of ways on Fridays before every home football game as well as other select Fridays designated as Red Glow Fridays, based on significant weekend competitions.

While normally this time of year we would be preparing for our annual One Hog Call events, this season we’re taking a virtual approach and asking fans to submit their videos online. With limited fans in the stands on Saturdays, we want to bring more fans inside DWRRS by putting your video on the videoboard. Submit videos of you Calling the Hogs, pumping up the crowd, chanting Go Hogs Go, or any other cheering video. We will use the videos on the videoboard and on social media throughout the season. Click here to submit..

While uploading your video, you’ll also have the opportunity to write an encouraging note to Coach Pittman and the Razorback football players. All of the messages submitted will be printed and put outside the locker room for the team to view on their way to the field.

The easiest way to get involved with Red Glow Fridays is simply wearing Razorback Red. So whether you are an alum, fan, student, staff member or just love Calling the Hogs, be sure to wear Razorback Red gear on Friday to rep the Hogs wherever you may be.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

"I Always Wanted To Play In The SEC"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309238813592449024 https://twitter.com/i/status/1308942470055632897 https://twitter.com/i/status/1308782141413654528 https://twitter.com/i/status/1308564199803678721 Franks confident, ready to take the field once again
By: Scottie Bordelon Published: Tuesday, September 22, 2020Feleipe Franks looks for a receiver during practice in this undated photo. Courtesy Arkansas communications.
Feleipe Franks looks for a receiver during practice in this undated photo. Courtesy Arkansas communications.
FAYETTEVILLE — It has been more than a calendar year since former Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks last jogged onto a football field in a game.

Saturday when Arkansas will host No. 4 Georgia in its long-awaited season opener, will mark 378 days. His most recent game snap came Sept. 14, 2019 at Kentucky, and it is one he would like to forget.

Franks, one of the Razorbacks’ four team captains and the assumed starter at quarterback, suffered a season-ending injury against the Wildcats last fall and underwent surgery for a dislocated ankle that also contained a fracture. All of that, though, is in the past.

Franks wanted a change of scenery and a fresh start following the injury. He got that by transferring to Arkansas, and he is looking forward to officially getting his Razorbacks career underway this weekend.

ADVERTISING

“I mean, to be honest with you, it’s been awhile, but I’m ready. I’m a competitor,” Franks said Tuesday via Zoom. “I wouldn’t want it any other way. I wouldn’t say that I’m nervous. Competitors are usually built for the moment and when their name is called, it’s time for them to go out there and perform. It’s not time to think about anything else except executing what you’re asked to do.

“I’m anxious — I can say that — because it’s been awhile since I’ve been out on the field against live competition. But at the same time I’m ready and I’m confident in not only me but everybody on our team. I’m ready to get out there and play again.”

When Franks arrived at Arkansas and saw the brand new nameplate on his locker, he immediately thought of all of the “trials and tribulations” that ultimately led him to join the Razorbacks.

There have been plenty of ups and downs along the way.

“I’m grateful for every situation that I’ve been through in life,” he said. “To know the players on the team and the coaching staff and the support staff, how much work and effort they’ve put into helping us be successful, it’s just important for me to go out there and pay that off to not only the fans but the support staff, the other players, for my bother beside me that I go out there and grind with every day. That’s important to me.”

Arkansas running back Rakeem Boyd, who was also voted captain, has seen Franks be a player who holds those on offense accountable for mistakes.

He is encouraging, too, but Franks is not afraid to put someone in his place. However, that is far from the only way he leads.

“He’s a smart guy,” said Boyd, who admitted he is having trouble sleeping this week knowing game day is fast approaching. “He knows football very well. He leads the team. He knows how to do it.

“I think the kid dang near left the office later than the coaches (on Monday). He’s just an amazing dude.”

Linebacker Grant Morgan has seen the same things in Franks, including 1-on-1 meetings with his wide receivers on a regular basis to ensure they are on the same page.

He echoed Boyd’s remarks, too, about him being a vocal leader. He has been certain not to cross the line, though.

“I think that he's done a really good job with gaining everyone's respect that way, because if you jump down everyone's throat all the time, they're not going to be able to respect you,” said Morgan, who along with Jonathan Marshall is a team captain from the defense. “He's done a really good job just being able to gain the respect of everyone around him.”

That widespread respect resulted in Franks being voted captain . Arkansas coach Sam Pittman said it was an emotional moment for the graduate transfer. On Tuesday, Franks called it an honor to be selected by his teammates.

And he made sure to tell them just how grateful he was.

“I’m touched by it and it's awesome, an awesome opportunity for me and the other captains to lead the team and for us to be able to be those guys that help us when things get difficult,” Franks said. “I’m grateful for that and definitely touched by it.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

We’re Not Gonna Take It🏈2020 Razorback Football Pump Up