Stovall Kicked Off Team

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Stovall Kicked Off Team

Post by cabanalane »

So therefore, Stovall becomes available? He is a 4th year Junior, so one more year?

Would be funny if he is on another team UH play against, again.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 pm So therefore, Stovall becomes available? He is a 4th year Junior, so one more year?

I can see him going to Nevada where his brother is.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

He was being diva when he was pulled after the personal foul. The reality is there is a level of respect, decorum and social norms these players need to follow and he seem to not embrace that reality. Too bad since he was showing tons of promise, but just like at work , there are talented ppl who are simply not good cultural fits, deficient in social interactions, fail to respect authority, etc and that leads to dismissal. Hope he can land somewhere and learn from mistakes.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Like when Dru left Cole stepped in. Now with Stovall gone coach will use Victor. Some times things just work out for the better. Go get em Lincoln.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Stovall is gone. He's the Antonio Brown of college football. At this point, I hope he becomes a productive member of society in some form.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Just wondering: First two games, Byrd and Ward go off having great games. They’ve been relatively quiet since. Is it because defenses are focusing on them? Or, did Stovall getting reps throw off the chemistry (that Byrd, Ward, Sharsh, and Smart had)? Just a thought
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Whatever happened was behind the scenes. Stovall was a baller and I'm sorry things didn't work out.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Some of Stovall's earlier body language was saying block your guy on the punt return, your pass was too low to Cordeiro, your pass was too short to MacDonald. You don't show up your teammates on the field.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Grinch wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:42 pm Just wondering: First two games, Byrd and Ward go off having great games. They’ve been relatively quiet since. Is it because defenses are focusing on them? Or, did Stovall getting reps throw off the chemistry (that Byrd, Ward, Sharsh, and Smart had)? Just a thought
You are right. There were national attention on Byrd and Ward. I would credit Rolo for giving more time to Smart and Stovall, for them to shine - as the defense focused on Byrd and Ward.

Sharsh as been called Mr. Consistency, but I see him as Mr. Average.

As some of you have said, that has to be more than just unsportsmanlike conduct.

Stovall really blew it. Ward, Byrd, and Sharsh are Seniors. So Stovall will be The Man next year (along with Smart as SRs), and probably with monster stats. Stovall is talented, McDonald will continue to improve, so R&S can shine next year.

If we look a 1-2 years down, a few of the younger guys need to step it up.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I am sure Ward and Byrd are getting more attention. Ward is having the tougher time because he isn't big and he will get physical man coverage.

Byrd can still motion and that gives him more space to beat man coverage.

I don't think Rolo is creating more plays for the other receivers. The R&S is about taking what the D gives you. A play is called. It is now up to Cole and the receivers to figure out the coverage. That is Cole's first progression. If he sees man press coverage on Ward he might already go to the other receivers as progression 2, 3 and 4. It comes down to who can get open. If Ward can beat his man coverage consistently he will get some passes.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

On another note - I’m not necessarily recommending this, but if Cole ran more, I think our offense would be even more explosive. With 4 and 5 receivers spreading things out ... a running QB would be a defensive nightmare. Maybe Cordeiro once in awhile? He’s elusive and can throw. Or a Ralph Cherry! Lol
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:02 pm
cabanalane wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 pm So therefore, Stovall becomes available? He is a 4th year Junior, so one more year?

Unless he graduates, he can't play D1 again
2016 CAL
2017 RS@CAL
2018 Riverside JC
2019 Hawaii

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:29 am

2016 CAL
2017 RS@CAL
2018 Riverside JC
2019 Hawaii
If he gets an exemption, next year would be his SR. year.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:48 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:29 am

2016 CAL
2017 RS@CAL
2018 Riverside JC
2019 Hawaii
If he gets an exemption, next year would be his SR. year.
I don't know what kind of exemption the NCAA would grant someone dismissed by 2 D1 teams for Conduct Detrimental to the Team.
If he doesn't graduate he can either play FCS or play some type of professional ball

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Grinch wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:12 am On another note - I’m not necessarily recommending this, but if Cole ran more, I think our offense would be even more explosive. With 4 and 5 receivers spreading things out ... a running QB would be a defensive nightmare. Maybe Cordeiro once in awhile? He’s elusive and can throw. Or a Ralph Cherry! Lol
I agree. Cole is the 2nd leading rusher on the team. The way teams have been playing us he probably could become the leading rusher if he chose to do so. So it is risk vs reward. Is he tough enough to take the hits? I think so. He has been taking hits in the pocket. They could give him a breather after a long run. Play Cordeiro. Coach has said they both can play.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: