Throwing over the middle

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ewabeach76
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Throwing over the middle

Post by ewabeach76 »

Their must be a reason we "hardly" throw over the middle of the field. I vividly remember Tim chang, coach rolovich, greg alexander, and even jason wheldon throwing over the middle of the field. Maybe resulting in some costly interceptions. What's the reason people? I think we got too many weapons to be just running outs and streak plays We dont even run the run plays that nate ilaoa was so successful at.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Throwing over the middle

Post by stranger808 »

our RB as a pass catcher is pretty nonexistent. Brennan used to throw to our RB in a flare/swing route. Perhaps our QB can't make that throw or the RB's hands are not too reliable? I remember Brennan or a coach once say its the toughest throw to make.

I think at times we get into panic mode and try to throw too deep when underneath is open.It leads to 3 and outs, and stalled drives.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Throwing over the middle

Post by TheDuke »

We are watching two different games. We throw over the middle a lot. Depending on the situation i.e. on 3rd down in many cases it is also harder to throw over the middle against 8 deep. You are throwing against three LBs, three DBs and two safties.