2019 is a good year to end football

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

2019 is a good year to end football

Post by UnBiasFan »

I really don’t think that the powers that be give a craap about filling the stadium with people,

You cannot blame families for not having 300 bucks for a night at the stadium. Pricing is not based on what you think is fair for your restaurant. If you your restaurant is empty, your pricing is wrong, I really think we could have a great year. But I don’t think we should be playing D 1 football in an an empty stadium.

We should cancel the program this year. Management sucks big time. It makes us look like a bunch of jerks on national TV. We should cancel football or fire the people in charge of this BS. We won’t fire them, so cancel it already.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2019 is a good year to end football

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:26 am I really don’t think that the powers that be give a craap about filling the stadium with people,

You cannot blame families for not having 300 bucks for a night at the stadium. Pricing is not based on what you think is fair for your restaurant. If you your restaurant is empty, your pricing is wrong, I really think we could have a great year. But I don’t think we should be playing D 1 football in an an empty stadium.

We should cancel the program this year. Management sucks big time. It makes us look like a bunch of jerks on national TV. We should cancel football or fire the people in charge of this BS. We won’t fire them, so cancel it already.
I dont think it’s pricing. Hawaii fans are just fair weather fans.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

Is this even a serious post?

Consistent winning will solve the attendance issue. A new stadium with bleacher seating will make the stands look fuller

If anything we need to invest more in the football team

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Is this post real life?
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Makana wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:22 am Is this post real life?
It’s just a rant about the empty stadium. We play a PAC 12 team, we have a very good football team, and 20,000 show up.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:40 am
It’s just a rant about the empty stadium. We play a PAC 12 team, we have a very good football team, and 20,000 show up.
Yeah that is sad. Especially sad that 40,000 plus showed up the week before for a lame “preseason” NFL game. The second preseason game at that where it’s mostly backups to the backups.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:22 am
Yeah that is sad. Especially sad that 40,000 plus showed up the week before for a lame “preseason” NFL game. The second preseason game at that where it’s mostly backups to the backups.
Cannot use the excuse anymore about the UH game being on national tv or that it started at 430pm when it’s hot because the Rams game almost started at the same time. Also had free tv coverage. My feeling is all the old timers that used to come to the games are either too old or not alive and the sons or daughters of the old timers are not into UH football. This really sucks. Not only football but even all other UH sports, the attendance is declining.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

couz808 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:57 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:22 am

Cannot use the excuse anymore about the UH game being on national tv or that it started at 430pm when it’s hot because the Rams game almost started at the same time. Also had free tv coverage. My feeling is all the old timers that used to come to the games are either too old or not alive and the sons or daughters of the old timers are not into UH football. This really sucks. Not only football but even all other UH sports, the attendance is declining.

I think a lot of old timers still own seats. There should be a penalty for leaving them empty.

There are tons of kids involved in tackle and flag football that could fill a lot of those seats if somehow we could get the tickets to them and their families.

I would give four tickets to everyone on a high school, pop warner, and flag football team that makes a commitment to be at the game.

former DI player
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by former DI player »

lol UH wins a wild and exciting game against a PAC-12 opponent. everyone is high off the win and optimistic and full of hope for this season. then Some Guy posts about how because only about 20,500 people showed up, the football program should be canceled. LOL what a trash take on a program that seems to be on the rise

former DI player
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

it's true that UH has fair weather fans. fans who talk about killing the UH football program after a big season opening win against a pac-12 school they never beat before are the definition of fair weather fans

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I actually agree. Seems like the original post was to express frustration: that the Warriors are on the rise, playing a PAC 12 team, but attendance was low.

The frustration also appears pointed at upper campus leadership, and poor management.

With games televised, even if pay-per-view, something needs to be done to make getting to stadium easier for older fan base, as well as students. Warriors are exciting. Management is not. I think this frustrated June Jones, too.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

I'm betting fans thought UH was gonna get blown out cause Arizona is an up and coming PAC12 team and the spread was +11 and +13 Hawaii.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

former DI player
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

so why was it that when june jones was coaching, UH games averaged around 35k-40k fans? was UH management somehow better at drawing crowds and now for some reason, management doesn't care? was it because aloha stadium back then was somehow EASIER to get into with cheaper tickets and whatever? was traffic NOT a nightmare to get into the stadium? nope. UH management was always bad. that's why colt brennan complained about lack of soap in showers and that's why june jones left.

attendance was at higher levels during the june jones years because his teams had an established identity about what they do, how they played, and they played exciting football and were a winning program. attendance is solved when you win. june jones understood the nature of UH fans. when he got hired he actually said that hawaii fans are more like professional fan bases: you win, people show up. you lose, people stay home. can UH management be better? sure but bottom line is that the product on the field needs to be fun to watch and the team has to win.

rolo seems to be taking this team in the right direction

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

You cannot compare the NFL preseason game attendance to UH attendance. If they played 7 NFL preseason games here a year that sucked and had no stakes, it isn't going to average 40k fans a game. An NFL preseason game is like the circus coming to town - good for a week but no more than that.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Can’t believe they raised ticket prices this year. Used to get the cheap seats for $25-30 and now it’s $42! I get they want more ppl to get season tickets instead but the casual fans don’t go to all the games.