pay rolo

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Message
Author
User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21686
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: pay rolo

#31 Post by BigWave96744 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:23 pm

SundayJam wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:39 am
Never-the-less Rolo is getting the job done. Why would Wyoming pay 6 figures for a win over a nobody team? Who the heck is Missouri? I'm pretty sure we played them once and owned them. Wyoming can keep 60 year-old Bohl with his mediocre win record. Gawd...Wyoming is paying Bohl 1.5 million to be mediocre and still gave him a windfall for beating Mizzou?!!!! I don't get it.

Yes, I would recommend Rolo get a raise next year given his team building skills. Bear in mind, many of our competitor's coaches are making similar salaries to Rolovich.
Craigs Bohl is light years ahead of Rolo, Chow and McMackin.

He won 3 straight FCS Championships before coming to Wyoming.
Counting this season he has 4 straight winning seasons.
Wyoming is currently 6-2 and could make a MWC title game against Boise St tomorrow. I'm calling it that they will beat the Donks!!!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Bohl

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 19322
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:54 pm
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
Location: Oklahoma City via Casper, WYO
Contact:

Re: pay rolo

#32 Post by wyokie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:48 pm

BigWave96744 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:23 pm
SundayJam wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:39 am
Never-the-less Rolo is getting the job done. Why would Wyoming pay 6 figures for a win over a nobody team? Who the heck is Missouri? I'm pretty sure we played them once and owned them. Wyoming can keep 60 year-old Bohl with his mediocre win record. Gawd...Wyoming is paying Bohl 1.5 million to be mediocre and still gave him a windfall for beating Mizzou?!!!! I don't get it.

Yes, I would recommend Rolo get a raise next year given his team building skills. Bear in mind, many of our competitor's coaches are making similar salaries to Rolovich.
Craigs Bohl is light years ahead of Rolo, Chow and McMackin.

He won 3 straight FCS Championships before coming to Wyoming.
Counting this season he has 4 straight winning seasons.
Wyoming is currently 6-2 and could make a MWC title game against Boise St tomorrow. I'm calling it that they will beat the Donks!!!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Bohl
Thanks But...we won't win. Our backup QB is staring since Chambers' injury is worse than originally though and NO ONE beats the Smurfs on that DAMNED blue field!!!!!

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 3545
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:55 pm

Re: pay rolo

#33 Post by TheDuke » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am

cabanalane wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am
I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Without Rolo, I think the UH Football program will be worst.
Sorry, it is about money. All of our coaches left for a bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. And if Rolo proves himself he will leave for the bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. There is an expiration date for all coaches. You have a limited amount of time to make a mark, make some money and take care of your family.

And if you aren't winning you will wear out your welcome from Hawaii football fans lickty split.

Rolo hasn't proven himself yet. He loses games he shouldn't. His calls to go on 4th down in bad field position is not very smart. He hasn't proven he can recruit. He hasn't shown that he can out coach other coaches. In fact he is being out coached often. He doesn't know how to attack eigth deep.
His teams don't win consistently.

He has a long way to go.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 3545
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:55 pm

Re: pay rolo

#34 Post by TheDuke » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 am

TheDuke wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am
cabanalane wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am
I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Without Rolo, I think the UH Football program will be worst.
Sorry, it is about money. All of our coaches left for a bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. And if Rolo proves himself he will leave for the bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. There is an expiration date for all coaches. You have a limited amount of time to make a mark, make some money and take care of your family.

And if you aren't winning you will wear out your welcome from Hawaii football fans lickty split.

Rolo hasn't proven himself yet. He loses games he shouldn't. His calls to go on 4th down in bad field position is not very smart. He hasn't proven he can recruit. He hasn't shown that he can out coach other coaches. In fact he is being out coached often. He doesn't know how to attack eigth deep.
His teams don't win consistently.

He has a long way to go.
Don't get me wrong, he does deserve a raise.

User avatar
kalua pig
Starter
Starter
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 am
Location: inside you

Re: pay rolo

#35 Post by kalua pig » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 pm

TheDuke wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am
cabanalane wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am
I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Without Rolo, I think the UH Football program will be worst.
Sorry, it is about money. All of our coaches left for a bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. And if Rolo proves himself he will leave for the bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. There is an expiration date for all coaches. You have a limited amount of time to make a mark, make some money and take care of your family.

And if you aren't winning you will wear out your welcome from Hawaii football fans lickty split.

Rolo hasn't proven himself yet. He loses games he shouldn't. His calls to go on 4th down in bad field position is not very smart. He hasn't proven he can recruit. He hasn't shown that he can out coach other coaches. In fact he is being out coached often. He doesn't know how to attack eigth deep.
His teams don't win consistently.

He has a long way to go.
totally agree.

User avatar
cabanalane
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: pay rolo

#36 Post by cabanalane » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:29 pm

My annual GE tax return is hurting. Everyone need a pay raise. New stadium and got to pay more for the rail that I will never ride cause I stay on the mainland.

User avatar
stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: pay rolo

#37 Post by stranger808 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 pm

TheDuke wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 am
TheDuke wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am
cabanalane wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am
I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Without Rolo, I think the UH Football program will be worst.
Sorry, it is about money. All of our coaches left for a bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. And if Rolo proves himself he will leave for the bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. There is an expiration date for all coaches. You have a limited amount of time to make a mark, make some money and take care of your family.

And if you aren't winning you will wear out your welcome from Hawaii football fans lickty split.

Rolo hasn't proven himself yet. He loses games he shouldn't. His calls to go on 4th down in bad field position is not very smart. He hasn't proven he can recruit. He hasn't shown that he can out coach other coaches. In fact he is being out coached often. He doesn't know how to attack eigth deep.
His teams don't win consistently.

He has a long way to go.


Don't get me wrong, he does deserve a raise.


I agree 100%
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], EITSwarrior, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Grinch, ubercow, ulua, Wild Warrior and 379 guests