Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:03 am
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, DAL, HOU
Location: ¡uɹɐqɹǝqṉ
Contact:

Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#1 Post by ubercow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Dropped by Tuesday's spring practice this week, here's a few photos.
http://www.sportshawaii.com/gallery/ind ... il-16-2019 (45 photos)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
cabanalane
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#2 Post by cabanalane » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am

Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?

User avatar
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:03 am
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, DAL, HOU
Location: ¡uɹɐqɹǝqṉ
Contact:

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#3 Post by ubercow » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am

cabanalane wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am
Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?
nikon d500 and use a 80-200 f2.8 for football

User avatar
shrek2
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#4 Post by shrek2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks for the photos ubercow. Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.

User avatar
cabanalane
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#5 Post by cabanalane » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:46 am

ubercow wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am
cabanalane wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am
Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?
nikon d500 and use a 80-200 f2.8 for football
F2.8, that's good stuff. So is that D500 body.

I got a D7200, and thinking of upgrading. No real reason, as the camera is great. Hard to find real reasons as I find myself using my camera phone more and more. The DSLR stays home, compare to my film days where I used to carry the SLR (Canon AE1) around.

User avatar
Irse
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11974
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:06 pm
MLB: Cubs
NBA: Rockets/Grizzlies
NFL: Cowboys
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#6 Post by Irse » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 am

cabanalane wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:46 am
ubercow wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am
cabanalane wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am
Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?
nikon d500 and use a 80-200 f2.8 for football
F2.8, that's good stuff. So is that D500 body.

I got a D7200, and thinking of upgrading. No real reason, as the camera is great. Hard to find real reasons as I find myself using my camera phone more and more. The DSLR stays home, compare to my film days where I used to carry the SLR (Canon AE1) around.
Unless you're shooting sports or high ISO, there is no reason for upgrading.
ImageImage

User avatar
cabanalane
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#7 Post by cabanalane » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 am

shrek2 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.
I'm no QB Expert, but I see what you are saying. I would think that is an example of a good form. I know this may come out the wrong way, but maybe that's why CC is good, and "more better" than his body type show. Some guys got physical gift. Some guys work on good form. And the good form will carry them farther and "overcome" physical limitations.

Just watching him throw the ball last year, he got a good arm. Better than his body type would suggest.

User avatar
shrek2
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#8 Post by shrek2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:53 am

cabanalane wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 am
shrek2 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.
I'm no QB Expert, but I see what you are saying. I would think that is an example of a good form. I know this may come out the wrong way, but maybe that's why CC is good, and "more better" than his body type show. Some guys got physical gift. Some guys work on good form. And the good form will carry them farther and "overcome" physical limitations.

Just watching him throw the ball last year, he got a good arm. Better than his body type would suggest.
It's probably just a couple of photos that I've seen with CC in a full windup which is not really indicative of his effectiveness. I was just thinking of the R&S and how the QB needs to be compact in their throws for short yardage. Bryant Moniz, I thought, was one of the best in getting the ball out quickly.

User avatar
cabanalane
Play Maker
Play Maker
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#9 Post by cabanalane » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:10 am

Good point.

Going off topic. Was that Colt Brennan side arm throwing motion something he learned, or just by chance that's was his style?

User avatar
My3Cats
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#10 Post by My3Cats » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:59 am

Nice pics!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

User avatar
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:03 am
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, DAL, HOU
Location: ¡uɹɐqɹǝqṉ
Contact:

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#11 Post by ubercow » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:47 am

Irse wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 am
cabanalane wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:46 am
F2.8, that's good stuff. So is that D500 body.

I got a D7200, and thinking of upgrading. No real reason, as the camera is great. Hard to find real reasons as I find myself using my camera phone more and more. The DSLR stays home, compare to my film days where I used to carry the SLR (Canon AE1) around.
Unless you're shooting sports or high ISO, there is no reason for upgrading.
agree, and unless you're shooting sports a lot, the 6fps D7200 would do just fine for the occasional sports shoot. camera phones are getting a lot better, but still have quite a bit to go. it really shouldn't be that far in the future where they put a serious lens like they have on compact point and shoots onto a phone.

User avatar
Palolo_2LA
Starter
Starter
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:25 am
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

#12 Post by Palolo_2LA » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:41 am

shrek2 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:53 am
cabanalane wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 am
shrek2 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.
I'm no QB Expert, but I see what you are saying. I would think that is an example of a good form. I know this may come out the wrong way, but maybe that's why CC is good, and "more better" than his body type show. Some guys got physical gift. Some guys work on good form. And the good form will carry them farther and "overcome" physical limitations.

Just watching him throw the ball last year, he got a good arm. Better than his body type would suggest.
It's probably just a couple of photos that I've seen with CC in a full windup which is not really indicative of his effectiveness. I was just thinking of the R&S and how the QB needs to be compact in their throws for short yardage. Bryant Moniz, I thought, was one of the best in getting the ball out quickly.
As a QB, it's about delivering the ball on time, a catchable ball and getting the ball to the open WR. Good mechanics, a strong arm, etc are important, but not the only thing. T Chang had the best spirals and arm strength, but had accuracy issues. CC was a winner in HS and now @ UH. He will improve over time and has a distinct advantage of those years @ STL playing in the RnS.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, wyokie and 42 guests