Tony Tuioti new Oregon DL Coach eff 12/2021

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Tony Tuioti new Oregon DL Coach eff 12/2021

Post by Irse »

He's now the DL coach at Nebraska
“This is a cruel and difficult profession,” then-University of Hawaii football coach Norm Chow felt moved to publicly and heartfully lament in 2013.

The words, coming as they did two weeks before Christmas, with Tony Tuioti, the young father of seven children, one of two assistant coaches let go in the wake of a 1-11 finish, only underlined the pain felt all around.

Which is why there were a lot of warm smiles and, no doubt, some celebratory fist pumps of shared joy the last couple of days around here when news circulated that Tuioti had been hired as a defensive line coach at Nebraska.

It was the latest and biggest rise up the coaching ladder for the 42-year-old Tuioti, another triumph over what had befallen him earlier. One that comes with the icing of a two-year contract and a nearly $100,000 annual raise.

At Big Red, where there is a lot of green to be spent on football at one of the highest levels of college competition, Tuioti will have an annual salary of $375,000, eclipsing even the substantial $276,500 salary he was listed at while at Cal the past two years
Goes to show how sorry an evaluator Chow was. First Rolo and Aranda, then Tuioti.
ImageImage

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Congrats to Tony Tuioti

Post by gopunahou »

Good for him, although he faces a massive challenge. Nebraska today ain't the Nebraska of old.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

He was with the Browns. That's a challenge.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Chow let him go. Now he's earning probably 300K more than he was when he was at UH. Sad move back then for Tony, but fortunately he persevered and he and his rather large family are reaping the benefits.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I don't fault Chow...he brought in his guys as most do. Think about how far the 3 guys you list have gone on to achieve. Chow stated to Rolo and Aranda that they'd have a chance to learn somewhere else and grow as coaches. Glad to Tony. Make the $$ while doing what you love.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 am I don't fault Chow...he brought in his guys as most do. Think about how far the 3 guys you list have gone on to achieve. Chow stated to Rolo and Aranda that they'd have a chance to learn somewhere else and grow as coaches. Glad to Tony. Make the $$ while doing what you love.
Chow brought in nobody. Aranda is now defensive coordinator at LSU and Rolovich is the head coach at Hawaii. The decision to replace McMackin with Chow was the worst decision ever at Hawaii...period.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:29 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 am I don't fault Chow...he brought in his guys as most do. Think about how far the 3 guys you list have gone on to achieve. Chow stated to Rolo and Aranda that they'd have a chance to learn somewhere else and grow as coaches. Glad to Tony. Make the $$ while doing what you love.
Chow brought in nobody. Aranda is now defensive coordinator at LSU and Rolovich is the head coach at Hawaii. The decision to replace McMackin with Chow was the worst decision ever at Hawaii...period.
My point is Chow brought in ppl...as I said when Chow was hired, decisions made by the politically contented are the worst. Ppl with power and influence chose Chow and that's wrong for many reasons. Luckily, the guys let go by Unko Chow are balling out now. #facts
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Re: Tony Tuioti new Oregon DL Coach eff 12/2021

Post by BigWave96744 »

Oregon: The program has now formally announced the additions of Tony Tuioti (DL) and Demetrice Martin (CBs / Passing Game Coordinator).
https://footballscoop.com/thescoop/the- ... er-23-2021