DE Gabriel Iniguez transfers again now at WKU

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

DE Gabriel Iniguez transfers again now at WKU

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 pm Late scholie offer...…
https://twitter.com/Tokomico/status/1093013636207894528 https://twitter.com/PittHSFootball/status/1093016603128561664 https://247sports.com/Player/Gabriel-Iniguez-46059158/

Link
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5553557/Gabriel-Iniguez

Link https://twitter.com/PittHSFootball/status/1093222568633368576 https://twitter.com/Tokomico/status/1093361085539864576
Last edited by kapakahi on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Pittsburg HS (CA.) '19 DE Gabriel Iniguez Signs LOI

Post by kapakahi »

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Happy for the young man. I hope he works his tail off to develop given the opportunity was a last minute thing. UH really needs DL players to hold point or get up field.

Btw, I assume he's Tongan bc of his nickname Toko?
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

The full name sounds more Latino. But maybe the mom is Tongan.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

If St. Louis is the De La Salle, Pittsburg is the Waianae of Northern California. Pittsburg is next door to Antioch High (Nanakuli) where Najee Harris, running back for Bama came from. I would expect a tough kid coming in.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 pm The full name sounds more Latino. But maybe the mom is Tongan.
I got a few Tongan friends and Toko is a common nickname. Moms definitely looks Poly, but not that it matters.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

He is Hispanic and Tongan.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:26 pm
cabanalane wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 pm The full name sounds more Latino. But maybe the mom is Tongan.
I got a few Tongan friends and Toko is a common nickname. Moms definitely looks Poly, but not that it matters.
Yes, it does not matter. But I think it should "matter" from the perspective of celebration of diversity. If kids have an unique background or heritage, why now celebrate it? I get it, in today's world we all want to be equal and blend it. IMO, that's kind of boring. Hawaii is the only (I think still) place that would celebrate culture and diversity. Not the mainland where it's more about hate, sometimes, unfortunately.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:17 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:26 pm
Yes, it does not matter. But I think it should "matter" from the perspective of celebration of diversity. If kids have an unique background or heritage, why now celebrate it? I get it, in today's world we all want to be equal and blend it. IMO, that's kind of boring. Hawaii is the only (I think still) place that would celebrate culture and diversity. Not the mainland where it's more about hate, sometimes, unfortunately.
Off topic but wanted to comment since I think many ppl gloss over the racism in Hawaii.

I'm half Hawaiian and me and many of my Samoan friends were discriminated against as kids in the 80s and early 90s. Shoot when I'm at home in Waikiki hotels as an adult, I've been followed around and harassed by security a bunch of times. As soon as they see my white wife, they go away. Do you know Hawaiian were banned from hotels like Outrigger back in the day?

Ppl are brutally racist against Micronesians even though their land was destroyed by nuclear fallout. Whites and blacks are also hated in some circles. Let's be honest.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I didn't know Hawaiians were banned from the Outrigger back in the day. Thanks for the history.

What you said is the truth, but I do like to live in fantasy land. Yes, there was "hate" back when I was in school in the 70s-80s, but I like to remember the good times, when none of my friends were the same ethnic background as me. Maybe part this and part that, we were all blood brothers. And when you ask a pretty girl out, it was because they were pretty, and race didn't even cross your mind.

I'm German-Chinese-and a sprinkle of Poly.

On the ugly mainland, I'm still being questioned if I am an U.S. citizen, when in CA, AZ, TX, etc. My car is the one that gets stopped. Maybe I just cross the boarder illegally. I know they are doing their job. But I do take offense when jokers ask me if I know SB1070, thinking I should be deported to Mexico. One guy ask where I was from, so I said California (lived there for 10 years). He said I don't look like I'm from California. And have been told to go back to my country. Germany? China? Polynesia?

I don't know where to go? Hawaii is the only place I guess I can go back to, one day. I like to think it's where I still belong as everyone on the mainland seems to want me to go somewhere else.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:05 am I didn't know Hawaiians were banned from the Outrigger back in the day. Thanks for the history.

What you said is the truth, but I do like to live in fantasy land. Yes, there was "hate" back when I was in school in the 70s-80s, but I like to remember the good times, when none of my friends were the same ethnic background as me. Maybe part this and part that, we were all blood brothers. And when you ask a pretty girl out, it was because they were pretty, and race didn't even cross your mind.

I'm German-Chinese-and a sprinkle of Poly.

On the ugly mainland, I'm still being questioned if I am an U.S. citizen, when in CA, AZ, TX, etc. My car is the one that gets stopped. Maybe I just cross the boarder illegally. I know they are doing their job. But I do take offense when jokers ask me if I know SB1070, thinking I should be deported to Mexico. One guy ask where I was from, so I said California (lived there for 10 years). He said I don't look like I'm from California. And have been told to go back to my country. Germany? China? Polynesia?

I don't know where to go? Hawaii is the only place I guess I can go back to, one day. I like to think it's where I still belong as everyone on the mainland seems to want me to go somewhere else.
I can relate...when I lived in Santa Monica, ppl assume I was a big Mexican. Now in NYC I'm a big Puerto Rican. LOL.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

As a haole who grew up in Hawaii...I gotta say, Hawaii is the least racist place that I've ever experienced.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I do think there is a bit of naivety growing up too in Hawaii back in the old days. I recall an African American classmate (from Chicago) transferred in. He was interested in a girl and asked us if she was "prejudice". We looked at each other like we don't know how to answer because we never thought about stuff like that. Yeah, there's the Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Hawaiian, Haole classmates, and we all look different, but never thought we were different. I suppose those days are gone.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Interesting addition. Half Tongan and half Hispanic. Love that diversity.