That Boy Has The "It" Factor

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Dr Jon
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

That Boy Has The "It" Factor

Post by Dr Jon »

Chevan Cordeiro has won two games for us this season - while "redshirting" and not really playing. The moment is not too big for him. Has any quarterback EVER in the history of UH had all of his completions in a game result in a score. He was 4 of 5 for 3 touchdowns and a 2 point conversion. His only incompletion was a near touchdown just slightly overthrown. He lifted up the entire team. The offensive line blocked a little harder knowing if they gave Chevan enough time, he would make a play. The running backs ran a little harder knowing that Chevan was going to lead them to a touchdown. The defense played better knowing that if they could just give Chevan the ball back - hey we might be able to win this one.

Hey coach Rolo, I hope you are not blind. Cole played his best game of the year at Colorado State. Every game since that one he has played a little worse. He is NOT GETTING BETTER!! Every game that Chevan has played in - HE IS GETTING BETTER. If the run is not working then abandon it and go with 5 wides. If one quarterback is improving and one is regressing, play the quarterback that is getting better. Common sense - use your eyes.

PS best comeback win since 2007 win against Washington. Go Bows.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: That Boy Has The "It" Factor

Post by stranger808 »

After McDonald got injured he wasn't the same player. I have no idea what the injury was, but it has affected him. IMO
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I am not going to say anything about the Cornero boy. Nope, I am not going to do it.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 am I am not going to say anything about the Cornero boy. Nope, I am not going to do it.
:lol:

And I think that his name is Cordeiro.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

It factor or was it just two crappy teams? If he really has that "It" factor then it should show on the road. Either way he was still pretty impressive last night.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Tyler Graunke, Steele Jantz, and Shawn Withy-Allen are some of the quarterbacks that come to mind when thinking of great back-ups who deserved a shot at starting for Hawaii. Cole had some pretty good games. I don't know what his injury is but it's great to have a good back-up. Congrat's Warriors.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

UH need to play with that Go-for-broke attitude. In the beginning, there were no expectations. If UH were to loose, that was what we would expect - new system, new players, freshmans, etc, no big deal.

Cole light it up. Then it was 6-1, and it seems like UH was trying to play ball control.

When Cordeiro came it, there was nothing to loose, because UH was already loosing. No pressure, play free.

For the basketball fans, this reminds me of Linsanity. When Lin was free, he was awesome. When Lin is suppose to run the offense, play in the system. Listen and learn, and his play sufferred. Lin never regain Linsanity because he is now a "better" experienced point guard.

For those even older, you recall White Chocolate Jason Williams with the Kings. Same thing.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

The interesting and exciting side bar is Chevan "The Business" Cordeiro hasn't taken starter reps, excluding the week he started against Wyo. Even then they limited the offense. He has a clear advantage of having been in a true RnS for yrs @ STL, timing, reads, etc are remarkably better than Cole and Moussa. As such, I doubt the other guys will beat him out next yr.

He needs time to mature from a stature perspective, so I would roll w/Cole since he has been the starter and there is more to lose than gain by starting CC. Like any promising youngsta, he needs time to develop.

That talent out of the LOU is crazy...Chang, Gesser, Tua, Super Mario, Chevan, Taaumu, Arceneaux...did we offer Delaura? Should place an open offer to starting QB
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Ta'amu went to Pearl City.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I don't recall Steele Jantz ever playing a down for UH.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Tyler Graunke was Colt's heir apparent in 2008 but blew it when he got suspended for fall camp. I forget why but I think that it may have been for academics. Played in only 4 games in his senior year, started one.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I know that "Boy" and "Honey girl" have special meaning in Hawaii but in the US, calling somebody boy is degrading. I know that I've used kids since Rolo created that culture but I think we probably might want to refer to the players as young men or young man.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:54 pm I don't recall Steele Jantz ever playing a down for UH.
He red-shirted one year and then transferred out. He started at City College SF and at Iowa State. He did very well at both schools.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:39 pm I know that "Boy" and "Honey girl" have special meaning in Hawaii but in the US, calling somebody boy is degrading. I know that I've used kids since Rolo created that culture but I think we probably might want to refer to the players as young men or young man.
It is just words and as such we'll keep our use of 'Boy" in Hawaii as young man and not discuss the racist past connected to the word on the mainland.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am

That talent out of the LOU is crazy...Chang, Gesser, Tua, Super Mario, Chevan, Taaumu, Arceneaux...did we offer Delaura? Should place an open offer to starting QB
When Chevan drops back and get set, he has that "bounce" at the end like Timmy Chang. They must teach that at SL.