shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

*** Official UH vs UNLV Game Day Thread ***

Post by shrek2 »

Final game of the UH football season at Aloha Stadium so it's senior night. UH has another tough MWC opponent in UNLV and should be favored by 3 despite the Vegas oddsmakers. It's also probably the only chance UH has in having a winning season despite a road game at the end of the season. Does UH stop Lexington Thomas long runs and Max Gilliam's passing? Does UH give time to pass the ball or does UNLV control the line of scrimmage? I just hope that the outcome is not apparent in the first three quarters. Go Bows! Win one for the seniors!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: *** Official UH vs UNLV Pregame Thread ***

Post by cabanalane »

Yes, just one (game).

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Whoda thunk that UH would win 6 games this season?

Whoda thunk that UH would need just one more win to achieve bowl eligibility?

No matter what the outcome at the end of the season, this year has exceeded my expectations.

But da Warriors better get out there and kick Rebel butt, or else! :munky2:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

When you think about it, none of the teams Hawaii beat has a winning record. I wonder what would have happened in the CSU game if Coach Bobo was not ill the week before the game and if SJSU field goal kicker continued his streak of 25 straight field goals and parlayed that into 30 straight field goals. The best game that Hawaii can be proud of is the loss to Army which was hard fought and a great game to watch. Win or lose, I'd like to see Hawaii come out and play tough football, catch the ball and control the line of scrimmage against UNLV. One week of rest and the OL/DL should be totally healed from their bruises. Play with pride and emotion Hawaii!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Somebody needs to cleanup the UH/UNLV media guide on the UH website as the have the Boston Celtics great JoJo White instead of Ward.
Two Players with 100+ yards
John Ursua (167) and JoJo White vs. Navy, 9/1/18

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Anyone else have problems with Spectrum channel 1012, the one they show the UH recast on? My channel comes in all hammas. It looks like a bad feed. I can't even watch the high school football games, same thing, all Hammas. All the other regular channels comes in good.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

We've had two weeks to prepare for UNLV and game film from last weeks SDSU game. We know what the strenghts are for UNLVs O and D. I am anxious to see what kind of game plan our coaches come up with. How do we get the ball to our playmakers in space? How do we beat press coverage against 8 deep? What do we do that confuses the UNLV D? I haven't seen much creativity or changes since the Army game. Wishing for a win. Everything is on the line.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

stranger808 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:22 am Anyone else have problems with Spectrum channel 1012, the one they show the UH recast on? My channel comes in all hammas. It looks like a bad feed. I can't even watch the high school football games, same thing, all Hammas. All the other regular channels comes in good.
Mine comes in fine. Have you tried to reboot your cable box yet? Sometimes that works wonders.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I don't care how ugly they play, as long as it's a win for the Warriors.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 pm Somebody needs to cleanup the UH/UNLV media guide on the UH website as the have the Boston Celtics great JoJo White instead of Ward.
Finally, UH got some height in the receiver core with Jo Jo White.. :D

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 am
stranger808 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:22 am Anyone else have problems with Spectrum channel 1012, the one they show the UH recast on? My channel comes in all hammas. It looks like a bad feed. I can't even watch the high school football games, same thing, all Hammas. All the other regular channels comes in good.
Mine comes in fine. Have you tried to reboot your cable box yet? Sometimes that works wonders.
Yes. I've rebooted many times and its still messed up. bummas for me.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

stranger808 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm
My3Cats wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 am
Yes. I've rebooted many times and its still messed up. bummas for me.
Provided that you don't own your cable box and it came from Spectrum, try take your cable box back to one of the Spectrum offices for exchange. Tell them some of the channels you get really bad reception and you've tried rebooting many times. They will give you a new one, no more questions asked. That worked for me too when I had a couple channels that came in Hammas (USA and Discovery). Works fine now. Also if your remote doesn't work too good they exchange those with brand new ones too. No charge for either of them.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 am
shrek2 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 pm Somebody needs to cleanup the UH/UNLV media guide on the UH website as the have the Boston Celtics great JoJo White instead of Ward.
Now if only Ganot can convince Rolo to allow Jo Jo White to play B-Ball, then we all set for the season! \:D/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:50 am
Now if only Ganot can convince Rolo to allow Jo Jo White to play B-Ball, then we all set for the season! \:D/
Has there ever been a two way player at Hawaii who started on both teams like Eric Decker of U of Minnesota and the Patriots? He played center field in college and hit .350 and was drafted by MLB. The last person I can think of might have been Joey Meyer. Tuileta is a volleyball great.

Kili
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: Toronto Raptors
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Post by Kili »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 am
My3Cats wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:50 am

Has there ever been a two way player at Hawaii who started on both teams like Eric Decker of U of Minnesota and the Patriots? He played center field in college and hit .350 and was drafted by MLB. The last person I can think of might have been Joey Meyer. Tuileta is a volleyball great.
Jeremiah Ostrowski?