All of a sudden this game just got tougher haha

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: UNLV beats San Diego St

Post by stranger808 »

whirlygig5 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:46 pm All of a sudden this game just got tougher haha
It will be tough for our team to beat anyone when our O and D are so predictable. IMO
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Letter to O and D coordinator for the UNLV game .....we will see how effective our coaches are since they had 2 wks to prep the game plan.

O - run mostly 5 wide to get ball out, find more ways to get ball into Ursua's hands and bring back the shovel pass
D- run more stunts, line twists and outside blitzs to hamper the running game
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I'm going to barf if UH runs up the middle dives on first downs. Instead of the June Jone's philosophy of if it's broken, fix it, we get the Norm Chow philosophy of if it's broken, try it again, then try it again, then try it again and again and again.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

My prediction, with 2 weeks to prepare for UNLV, the coaches will come out and run the same dang thing. No creativity, no passes to the RB, no roll-outs...same-same, RB dive, RB dive, pass to the middle and punt.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

stranger808 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:27 am My prediction, with 2 weeks to prepare for UNLV, the coaches will come out and run the same dang thing. No creativity, no passes to the RB, no roll-outs...same-same, RB dive, RB dive, pass to the middle and punt.
Brah, I sound like a grouchy old man—it must be the chilli I had for dinner, make me gassy. :o

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

stranger808 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

It will be tough for our team to beat anyone when our O and D are so predictable. IMO
I don't think there is anything wrong with being "predictable." Both Utah and Nevada were "predictable" like you know what they are going to do. And they just executed and out handled UH. In your face kind of play. That's on UH to stop them. We can throw in the missed tackles and many times there were a defensive player almost there. So the plan the coaches prepared did "work", but the play resulted in a failed for UH. Batoon can not be the guy out threre tackling.

Going back to Chow's play calling, as he said it himself, what may look like the same run play is actually different where the blocking scheme is different, for example. The unfortunate end results came out the same (failed), but we can say the same with R&S, where in JJ's era, there were many and much more 3 and outs (than Rolo IIRC).

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 am
stranger808 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with being "predictable." Both Utah and Nevada were "predictable" like you know what they are going to do. And they just executed and out handled UH. In your face kind of play. That's on UH to stop them. We can throw in the missed tackles and many times there were a defensive player almost there. So the plan the coaches prepared did "work", but the play resulted in a failed for UH. Batoon can not be the guy out threre tackling.

Going back to Chow's play calling, as he said it himself, what may look like the same run play is actually different where the blocking scheme is different, for example. The unfortunate end results came out the same (failed), but we can say the same with R&S, where in JJ's era, there were many and much more 3 and outs (than Rolo IIRC).
I miss Rolo's 2010 offense. That was explosive. Predictable, yet unpredictable.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I agree. Moniz and the receiver core was awesome. We can't turn back time, but Rolo may be best as OC. And focus all his attention there, and not have to deal with the BS of being HC.