Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: *** Official UH vs Nevada Pregame Thread ***

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Going to be interesting seeing different versions of June Junes concepts. It will come down to our D as always. Need to out score the Wolf pack.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Timmy Chang is listed as the tight ends coach. I believe he was the inside receivers coach last year. This year, the wide receivers coach is Eric Scott. The quarterback coach is Matt Mumme. Their offense is called the air raid and is predicated on being successful with Ty Gangi being healthy.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Chang and Rolo should just suit up. Forget the kids. Let the men battle it out.. They do have a few things to settle. I would pay to see that.

In Rolo's own words back when they were young "Saint Louis boy gets all the girls."

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Nevada runs the air raid? Shell shock and toast will defense Hawaii be.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Watched the Boise game. Nevada looks to be pretty good on offense and defense. We can’t make mistakes on these guys. Tough nose tackles. Big mobile oline. They run a sweep with their center and right guard pulling to the side of our defense that has been weak against the run. They have that speedy receiver that will give us trouble with slants and posts. Then throw a jump ball to their 6’4” receiver in the endzone. A pass rushing linebacker on the outside that will give our tackles trouble. Kinda like Padello but bigger. They have one of the best safeties in the MWC. They will rush three then drop 8 into coverage, put 7 in the box, blitz lbs,safeties. Boise struggled to get first downs and had to make some big plays to win the game. Still it didn’t seem like it was the same Boise of old. They made too many mistakes and had too many stupid penalties.

If we don’t get a good early start from our offense it will become another nightmare. 3 and outs will kill our defense. Penalties really hurt Boise. We can’t afford those kinds of mistakes. If we play well I expect it to be a close game. If not probably another game like the one we played against BYu.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:24 pm Watched the Boise game. Nevada looks to be pretty good on offense and defense. We can’t make mistakes on these guys. Tough nose tackles. Big mobile oline. They run a sweep with their center and right guard pulling to the side of our defense that has been weak against the run. They have that speedy receiver that will give us trouble with slants and posts. Then throw a jump ball to their 6’4” receiver in the endzone. A pass rushing linebacker on the outside that will give our tackles trouble. Kinda like Padello but bigger. They have one of the best safeties in the MWC. They will rush three then drop 8 into coverage, put 7 in the box, blitz lbs,safeties. Boise struggled to get first downs and had to make some big plays to win the game. Still it didn’t seem like it was the same Boise of old. They made too many mistakes and had too many stupid penalties.

If we don’t get a good early start from our offense it will become another nightmare. 3 and outs will kill our defense. Penalties really hurt Boise. We can’t afford those kinds of mistakes. If we play well I expect it to be a close game. If not probably another game like the one we played against BYu.
Good analysis. I take it the running game will open up their passing game. Their D did hold Fresno State and its star qb to 21 points so they must be tough against the pass as well. The other Nevada team almost equally good so the one win may be really elusive this year.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

After watching the Boise/Nevada game myself, it looks like UH has more talent than Nevada. Ty Gangi cannot run and will be passing from the pocket primarily since he has an injured left knee so he will not run but is accurate on 5-20 yards and throwing it up for grabs. Moore is a good runner if he gets past the line of scrimmage but not a bulldozer like Furuta even though he is listed at 5'11, 240. If McDonald can ease the ball into the receivers, Hawaii should take this one. Rypien did not have the run ability for Boise so both quarterbacks were not dual threats. If they substitute quarterbacks, the second string quarterback is a runner first passer second. Will run wildcat especially 3rd and short.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:57 pm After watching the Boise/Nevada game myself, it looks like UH has more talent than Nevada. Ty Gangi cannot run and will be passing from the pocket primarily since he has an injured left knee so he will not run but is accurate on 5-20 yards and throwing it up for grabs. Moore is a good runner if he gets past the line of scrimmage but not a bulldozer like Furuta even though he is listed at 5'11, 240. If McDonald can ease the ball into the receivers, Hawaii should take this one. Rypien did not have the run ability for Boise so both quarterbacks were not dual threats. If they substitute quarterbacks, the second string quarterback is a runner first passer second. Will run wildcat especially 3rd and short.
Gangi was a bit hobbled but he was very elusive. We have had problems with trying to contain passers in the pocket. Gangi injured showed that he had enough to get outside the pocket on a pass play and make the throw. Even though he got hit low by the pass rush he still got up and made plays. As for runningback I am more worried about their freshman Taua. I don’t know if we will be able to cover Mannix.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I would love to see Kaimana Padello get a few more sacks this week. I wouldn't mind seeing Manly Williams in his pursuit of the QB. I hope that Scheyenne Sanitoa and Solomon Matautia are both at full strength because they are so key to stopping the run game. It should be a good game if everybody's healthy.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

calling on all UH Defensive player this the fire, attitude, passion you need to play with.

Link

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Never can take our conference games lightly.

But I am expecting Cole to get back on track.

Hawaii 375 passing yards 145 rushing yards 5 TDS 2 FG.

Final H 41 N 31

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Go Warriors! I'll even take an ugly win over a beautiful loss. But it would be great to see the run and shoot explode tonight.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I had to laugh today. The StarAdvertiser has Furuta listed at 150lbs. Fake news.