Cole McDonald

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Message
Author
User avatar
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 5667
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am

Re: Cole McDonald

#16 Post by RedZone » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Duster wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:29 pm
Cole does throw a pretty sweet looking ball.
I agree. He puts a nice spin on it.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

Wyoming is going down.


We are Simba!

User avatar
shrek2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#17 Post by shrek2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Something I saw in the first game more than the others is that he doesn't rush the pass even with a defender has his sights on him and he's willing to take a hit to make a completion. I never saw that of Brown. I did see that in Milton against Memphis last year, knowing he was going to be hit but just waited in the pocket until the last moment.

User avatar
stranger808
Starter
Starter
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Lakers

Re: Cole McDonald

#18 Post by stranger808 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Kapernick was only good when Harbaugh controlled the game for him. The dude couldn't read the D. Once Harbaugh left for Michigan...Down went Kapernick.

User avatar
cabanalane
Starter
Starter
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#19 Post by cabanalane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 am

So I was watching the Nick Rolo Show last night. And Stuz, said Cole watched more film than any other QBs. Wait, I think he said the same about Brown? If we add up all those statements, either one of the guys really didn't watch that much film, or Cole (now) have no life - does not go class or do homework, and just watch film.

I don't get what "spend a lot of time in the film room" really means. And considering there are only so many hours in a day.

I get what they are trying to say, but when they say that, it sounds like and makes me think the previous guy didn't spend enough time watching film...

User avatar
shrek2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#20 Post by shrek2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:27 am

cabanalane wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 am
So I was watching the Nick Rolo Show last night. And Stuz, said Cole watched more film than any other QBs. Wait, I think he said the same about Brown? If we add up all those statements, either one of the guys really didn't watch that much film, or Cole (now) have no life - does not go class or do homework, and just watch film.

I don't get what "spend a lot of time in the film room" really means. And considering there are only so many hours in a day.

I get what they are trying to say, but when they say that, it sounds like and makes me think the previous guy didn't spend enough time watching film...
Well, most athletes seem to graduate with a degree in Sociology or PE and possibly with Poly Sci but few graduate with degree like Engineering, Business or any of the Sciences or Mathematics. So, you gotta give credit to someone who chooses Business. Hope he takes some Finance courses because he may need to manage his money. Somebody, give him help if he needs help with his accounting class. I see that people graduate with a degree in Family Studies(?) What is that? Anybody, though with any degree can attend graduate school with a GPA and good test scores.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 3923
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Aiea, Hawaii

Re: Cole McDonald

#21 Post by Duster » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:51 am

Cole also revealed on the Nick Rolovich Show that he is part Filipino. Yeah, our blonde haired 6'4" starting QB is 1/8 Filipino. Gotta get the word out to the Filipino community - maybe that can help with attendance. How many part Filipino starting QBs are there in FBS? There probably have been a few, but I can only recall Roman Gabriel. UH Athletics marketing folks, here is something to consider. He needs to work on his Tagalog though, since he admitted that he only knows "bad words". LOL!

User avatar
cabanalane
Starter
Starter
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: I stay on the mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#22 Post by cabanalane » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:31 pm

He should build on top of that. That's a positive thing in Hawaii to look like one ethnic group, but actually including another.

User avatar
shrek2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#23 Post by shrek2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:35 am

Another great ball player was Tim Lincecum who's mother was Filipino so 1/2 for him. Two Cy Youngs. Glad Cole is in Hawaii where he gets a flavor for all the cultures and glad he gets to express that part of him.

User avatar
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 12502
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 pm
NFL: Denver Broncos
Location: Hawaii

Re: Cole McDonald

#24 Post by xer 21 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Palolo_2LA wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 am
shrek2 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 am
At this point, he shows a lot of NFL potential. I'd like to see him pass more on the run or rollout.
Huh? NFL? He's been under center in victory formation only...he's a good system QB, but definitely not an NFL QB.

Do you see his long wind up, staring down WRs and crampy footwork?
while i agree that under center footwork is important, it should be noted that many qbs coming out play shotgun exclusively and are "system" qbs. Baker Mayfield didnt run under center.

If anythying is to quibble with, its his arm strength and throwing motion. I don't know where you're getting him staring down WRs or bad footwork, he doesnt really stare anyone down, and how cna you even evaluate his footwork in shotgun compared to under center? as far as throwing, he gets a base under himself so his footwork isnt broken there.

Do i think McDonald is a great pro prospect yet? no. Could he get there? maybe. But hald of your criticisms arent fair at all. He's actually done a pretty good job of going through his progressions (in his three total games, because apparently we expect people to be Drew Brees in their first three starts) and keeping his feet in the pocket for the most part. if anything kills him, it will be his mediocre arm strength and long wind up.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

User avatar
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:03 am
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, HOU
Location: uɹɐqɹǝqṉ
Contact:

Re: Cole McDonald

#25 Post by ubercow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm


User avatar
CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Cole McDonald

#26 Post by CityOfWalrus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 pm

The braids are sick too imo, love Cole and think he's got a great future ahead of him. I think he has potential to be the 2nd best QB in Warrior history behind Colt and ahead of Timmy.
Image

User avatar
shrek2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#27 Post by shrek2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 am

ubercow wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm
cole interview
https://www.facebook.com/hawaiirainboww ... 23350/?t=0
People are still trying to bait him with questions about how good he is and how he is being talked about the Heisman but he deflects those comments and places emphasis on the receivers and O line. Good for him.

WarriorTyme
Starter
Starter
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Cole McDonald

#28 Post by WarriorTyme » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 am

Hawaii still not getting any respect as the Hawaii Warriors are 6.5 underdogs.
The nay sayers are still nay saying. I like the chances Warriors go in today and prove the naysayers wrong!

Work Grind/Earn Respect

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Play Swag/Go Warriors!

User avatar
My3Cats
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1600
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am
Location: Mililani, HI

Re: Cole McDonald

#29 Post by My3Cats » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:12 pm

shrek2 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 am
ubercow wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm
cole interview
https://www.facebook.com/hawaiirainboww ... 23350/?t=0
People are still trying to bait him with questions about how good he is and how he is being talked about the Heisman but he deflects those comments and places emphasis on the receivers and O line. Good for him.
Thank goodness that Cole deflected the Heisman talk because he is probably not anywhere in the picture now. Despite having over 300 yards, Army's defense clamped down on him big time. People need to let Cole just be Cole. Learn from the experience and improve.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

User avatar
shrek2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Cole McDonald

#30 Post by shrek2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:26 pm

My3Cats wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:12 pm
shrek2 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 am
ubercow wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm
cole interview
https://www.facebook.com/hawaiirainboww ... 23350/?t=0
People are still trying to bait him with questions about how good he is and how he is being talked about the Heisman but he deflects those comments and places emphasis on the receivers and O line. Good for him.
Thank goodness that Cole deflected the Heisman talk because he is probably not anywhere in the picture now. Despite having over 300 yards, Army's defense clamped down on him big time. People need to let Cole just be Cole. Learn from the experience and improve.
Yeah, I agree with you but people like to ask these farfetched questions to increase their viewership. Its absurd to be considered after three games. I haven't heard any talk about Tua being considered.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], cabanalane, EITSwarrior, Google Adsense [Bot], ulua, wyokie and 97 guests