Travel/Food Blog

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Travel/Food Blog

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Another funny video from Uncle Roger. The film he showcased, Hunger, is a Thai film which one of my students was a part of. I can honestly say that Thais don't do fried rice as well as they do in this film...nor as bad as the nephew.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I should clear up a few things about my last post. My former student was the production assistant on Hunger. The film is beautiful but quite dark. The opening sequence highlighted by Uncle Roger is quite good. I would watch it in the original language with English subtitles.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I like my fried rice to be pretty clean and simple. But needs char siu too. The best that I've eaten here on Oahu are from restaurants that are long gone: Leung's, formerly on Kapahulu, Eastern Garden, formerly at Westridge Shopping Center, and Ginger House, formerly in Mililani.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I've had my best fried rice at teppanyaki type restaurants. Over here, they tend to make it too wet. They always put quartered tomatoes in with the skin on too. Yuk. That opening sequence from Hunger with the simply fried rice is beautiful.

I like my fried rice with small-ish shrimp, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock. Of course, one should add shallots, garlic, and green onions.

Btw, I finally watched the whole of Hunger. It's not bad. Ya gotta like the lead actress. She's something.