San Diego St opens -9 @Hawaii

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

San Diego St opens -9 @Hawaii

Post by BigWave96744 »

3 weeks ago I would have thought this spread to be 21... 9 points? How would you bet?

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/san-dieg ... 017-793453

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Re: San Diego St opens -9 @Hawaii

Post by Old Diver »

Will be in Las Vegas this weekend, what to do? Nah can’t bet against The Warriors and 9 is not enough to take.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I would probably put twenty bucks on Hawaii at the half. That’s only a couple of chips.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

I'd stay off of this bet, but that's just me.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Old Diver wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm Will be in Las Vegas this weekend, what to do? Nah can’t bet against The Warriors and 9 is not enough to take.
This is what the odds makers are hoping for. The Hawaii fan bets with their hearts regardless of the point spread. I'd bet on SDSU and cheer for Hawaii. It should be -18 SDSU because I don't think SDSU sees UH as a threat and won't run up the score. They already demolished UH last year.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

three on hawaii with points. three on hawaii money line.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am
Old Diver wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm Will be in Las Vegas this weekend, what to do? Nah can’t bet against The Warriors and 9 is not enough to take.
This is what the odds makers are hoping for. The Hawaii fan bets with their hearts regardless of the point spread. I'd bet on SDSU and cheer for Hawaii. It should be -18 SDSU because I don't think SDSU sees UH as a threat and won't run up the score. They already demolished UH last year.
But after losing 2 in a row, Aztecs may want to show their dominance. But how the heck did Fresno St hold Penny to 69 yards. The way our defense has played Penny may break Marshall Faulk's single game record.

It's going to be Penny vs St Juste

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:37 pm
But after losing 2 in a row, Aztecs may want to show their dominance. But how the heck did Fresno St hold Penny to 69 yards. The way our defense has played Penny may break Marshall Faulk's single game record.

Fresno State has Jeff Tedford this year. I don't know why Cal let him go. Fresno State only lost by little more than 20 against Bama so that's not bad. UH got blown away by the only Big 5 conference team this year in UCLA. Rosen looked like a Heisman winner. Big Wave, I think if you looked at it on paper, we shouldn't be favored against Fresno or Vegas. That's my own take after looking at it on paper. We had a hard time containing the non-existent running game of Nevada so Penny will have a couple of runaways. The thing that will keep the score down is Rolovich's friendship with the other coaches. Sorry if this sounds cynical but I just don't see any kind of week to week improvement.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Sorry if this sounds cynical but I just don't see any kind of week to week improvement.
Yes me too....
After UMASS and West Carolina, I could see us regressing from last year.

Most the players were returning so I thought atleast the offense could cover for the defense. The lost of Lempa is really showing. Also the early season co-offensive play calling didnt work.

At the mid point of the season most MWC teams are making adjustments, thus evident in close and competitive games. I'm really hoping that the coaches used to bye week to craft up a creative offense and change up the D.

If the defense remains the same and the offense relies on St Juste getting 30+ carries, it's going to get ugly before halftime

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Thought the line would be at least 14. Seems fishy but I would still lay the points and take SDST. It's a win-win situation though...Hawaii gets blown out but at least you make some $ out of it. Or Hawaii pulls the upset/keeps it within the spread and we at least get to see a good game on national tv! Lol

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

How many points would you need to bet $100 of your own money on UH right now? I would need at least 17...

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

poidog wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm How many points would you need to bet $100 of your own money on UH right now? I would need at least 17...
I would say that SDSU should be 28 point favorites beating ASU and Stanford (teams that Hawaii couldn't keep up on). The only reason why I think it might be closer to 18 is because SDSU is going to back off maybe even by half time. I think SDSU sees the Hawaii holes in the defense and will exploit them, then when they back off, they will run, run, run possibly with their third string running back by the end of the third quarter. Losing John Ursua is crucial since he was the go to guy on third down, seemed to be able to slither through the defense for YAC and also played possession receiver. If UH runs DSJ, other teams have been successful in stacking the box.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Fresno St beat them at the line of scrimmage. It surprised me. But made me think that we may have a chance. I just hope our coaches used the bye to prepare our team for this game. The Fresno game was a good look at how to beat San Diego St. our defense will have to show up. I think we can run on the Aztecs but Dru will have to make the key throws. Especially on 3rd downs.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I wouldn't bet this game. The way Rolovich handles big-time competition is lame compared to the way a more confidant SDSU team handles early-season big time opponents. We lost games we should have won and won games we could have lost. If defensive assignments are handled with discipline and tackles are wrapped up, we have a different game. Penalties seem to be under control. Turn-overs have been another plague for Hawaii.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

This is not a game I pick the Hawaii Warriors to win, SDSU is going to try prove a point after that embarrassing shellacking they got from Boise. This one might get out of control early with the key players out due to injury and if the Warriors defense doesn’t get it together.

SDSU 51
UH 27