unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by genks »

Weird how Pun gave up turnovers in the last 2 games against Kam. They played a much tighter game against STL who has much better defense than Kam. Maybe it's just a match up thing?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I think 8 guys played QB between Punahou and Kamehameha. Something like that. Maybe Barber and Yam were only about 70 percent ready to play . They would come in the game for a little bit and then get shuffled out again. Barber and Yam are their team's best option at QB going forward if they can get 100 percent recovered from their injuries.

It's interesting to watch different approaches to this problem.Waianae's QB came back last night from an early season injury apparently fully recovered and threw for 144 yards while the running game produced 158 yards. Big win for Waianae.It didn't seem like Waianae had a carousel of different players at QB...seemed like they had Rosario play the position for a few weeks until Tacgere returned.

Punahou and Kamehameha looked like they were throwing anyone at the wall to see who would stick. Punahou just made it work a little better than Kamehameha did.

ka'ahupahau706
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:48 pm
ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:33 am Narbonne isn't terrible, Centennial is one of the best teams/programs in the country by far. They beat IMG last year I think, but IMG got them back this year. Centennial is really good. Narbonne will be tough but hoping STL has enough to beat them. I always want the Hawaii boys to beat the top program teams. But Boscoe is by far the best team in Cali though.
What about Mater Dei?
You are right, my bad mater dei this year is the best team in Cali. #2 is boscoe

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:24 pm Punahou will win but will need to use this coming bye week to their advantage. Barely beating Kamehameha won't be enough to stay with St. Louis. Play-calling stunk for both teams tonight, especially offensively.

And if it makes Kamehameha feel better, they beat St. Louis the week after the Crusaders took on De La Salle. The same scenario will happen this coming Friday. Unfortunately that, as well as the return of Yam, is all they've got going for them entering that game.
@gopunahou: Hello? Kamehameha doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell, of beating St Louis. Even with Yam back, St Louis is too much on O and D. History of previous seasons doesn't mean a thing on the football field. All that a school has is what's on the field this year. If Punahou is only 4 points better than Kamehameha, well, St Louis is likely to win the ILH D1 title. But, if Barber and Kaufusi can heal over the next two weeks, Punahou can make the St Louis game more interesting. But, you still have to go with St Louis.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 pm Weird how Pun gave up turnovers in the last 2 games against Kam. They played a much tighter game against STL who has much better defense than Kam. Maybe it's just a match up thing?
@genks: My guess is that Punahou is more complacent playing Kamehameha, so they're less careful.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 pm
genks wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 pm Weird how Pun gave up turnovers in the last 2 games against Kam. They played a much tighter game against STL who has much better defense than Kam. Maybe it's just a match up thing?
@genks: My guess is that Punahou is more complacent playing Kamehameha, so they're less careful.
That better not happen the next time we play them in three weeks, which is a likelihood. Our season will be on the line.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Narbonne 30
STL 21 halftime

Man, Narbonne is BIG. They are big and fast. They've been slicing right through the defense with passing. Our D doing well to stop runs, with 1 or 2 breaking open. Both teams 1 interception each, STL returned for TD. Narbonne lining up in different offensive formations, lots of trick plays. VERY GOOD blocking by Narbonne turning plays big. Both our O line and D line having trouble. Hope STL can rally. Momentum towards Narbonne, STL D on the field a lot. Narbonne very big very strong O line. Pass rush very strong also. That team is BIG and fast.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:03 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 pm
That better not happen the next time we play them in three weeks, which is a likelihood. Our season will be on the line.
@gopunahou: What? They play each other again?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 pm Narbonne 30
STL 21 halftime

Man, Narbonne is BIG. They are big and fast. They've been slicing right through the defense with passing. Our D doing well to stop runs, with 1 or 2 breaking open. Both teams 1 interception each, STL returned for TD. Narbonne lining up in different offensive formations, lots of trick plays. VERY GOOD blocking by Narbonne turning plays big. Both our O line and D line having trouble. Hope STL can rally. Momentum towards Narbonne, STL D on the field a lot. Narbonne very big very strong O line. Pass rush very strong also. That team is BIG and fast.
@genks: St Louis had better watch-out for injuries. They play Kamehameha next, while Punahou has a bye. Punahou has a week to heal-up from whatever injuries they have, while St Louis doesn't. Still say this game was a bad decision on St Louis' part, especially if they lose.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 pm@gopunahou: What? They play each other again?
Playoffs
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:50 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 pm@gopunahou: What? They play each other again?
Playoffs
@gopunahou: Oh. Forgot about those. Well, Barber and Kaufusi will both certainly be healed-up by then. I still think Punahou's only concern is St Louis. Even when Kamehameha comes close--like they did last night, which is very rare--they can't quite beat Punahou. And half the time, Punahou makes roadkill of them.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

St. Louis 56, Narbonne 50. Will this cause concern for St. Louis? It hurts my heart to say this, but they've feasted on punchless offensives in the ILH and against Waianae and Baldwin. I liked Narbonne's strategy of making St. Louis's RBs beat them, but that didn't work the whole game.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Man 50 points allowed. This is the first time Chevan played the entire game. Defense rallied late, horrible score but still a win. I try to be as respectful as possible but....... this made my boys stronger you can count on that. Kam and Punahou CRUSADERS COMING FOR YOU!!!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Eight,

1.St.Louis 5-0 Big shootout win over Narbonne,Ca. No.9 Kamehameha next.
2.Mililani 7-0
3.Kahuku 6-1 beat Radford. No.4 Campbell next.
4.Campbell 5-2 DNP No.3 Kahuku next.
5.Leilehua 5-2 beat Kailua. No.7 Farrington next.
6.Punahou 5-1 Beat Kamehameha.
7.Farrington 4-3 Beat Castle. No.5 Leilehua next.
8.Waianae 4-3 Beat Aiea.
9.Kamehameha 3-3 Drop two spots with loss to Punahou. No.1 St.Louis next.
10.Hilo 5-1 Beat D-II Kamehameha-Hawaii.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 pm St. Louis 56, Narbonne 50. Will this cause concern for St. Louis? It hurts my heart to say this, but they've feasted on punchless offensives in the ILH and against Waianae and Baldwin. I liked Narbonne's strategy of making St. Louis's RBs beat them, but that didn't work the whole game.
@gopunahou: What? Didn't St Louis win with the pass game? Their top RB, Tumpap, got only 47 yards.