*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan/Los Angeles KISS thread ***

Post by tico brown »

Damm shame what happened to this young man. He and those Warriors teams a decade ago were pretty damm fun to watch and a great underdog that everyone could've gone for. I honestly thought that Brennan was a better QB than at least some of these backups currently playing now. But whatever happened, happened for what ever reason and its time to move on.

Hopefully he'll get his life together somehow and move on to his next chapter. I think he would be a decent coach somewhere. But whatever he does, I wish him well.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Yeah it is kinda crazy and it hit me not too long ago that his career was done. Not that I took it to heart, but just that all these years at least I felt like there was still that hope that we were all waiting for that Colt would get his shot and just tear it up in the pros or at least somewhere.

MANH0
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MANH0 »

I found this webisode, I'm not sure when the actual episode will air. Hopefully, that will have more info on Colt.
http://www.amctv.com/4th-and-loud/video ... he-players
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

MANH0 wrote:I found this webisode, I'm not sure when the actual episode will air. Hopefully, that will have more info on Colt.
http://www.amctv.com/4th-and-loud/video ... he-players
Thanks for sharing that! So many emotions... seeing Colt throwing, putting a black helmet on and then... the news about his injury. Damn shame. He was so fun to watch and provided Hawaii with its greatest back-to-back seasons ever, what a ride that was! I still miss seeing him on the field.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Thats what I've been saying about Colt all along. Ever since the car accident he's been a different person. He's not as happy and joyful as I remember him in college. I mean I still see some of it in him, but not how it used to be. It may have affected how he performed in tryouts and had a part in him being cut in the CFL. BTW how did the CFL doctors not catch his TBI?

It sucks that his playing career is most likely over, but I know he'll succeed in whatever he does next.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:D 4th and LOUD to premiere on AMC tonight! \:D/
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

I felt so bad for colt. I notice the change in him too, he seem so depressed. I hope he finds something else to do that will make him happy.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Damn, he was the star of that episode! It's good to know that he really was supposed to be the star of the team. Many people were claiming that it was always gonna be JJ Raterick that would be the QB. Of course, the KISS did terrible this season and they cycled through four different QBs.

Still pretty heartbreaking to see the end of the episode

MANH0
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MANH0 »

It was sad to see, but hopefully he will find something that will make him successful and happy and you can never take away what he did here. I fully understand his frustration having suffered a stroke 3 years ago. I'm still fighting to get back to work and everybody telling me that I can't do it. It is frustrating as hell, and that's why it struck a nerve with me.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Neighbor wrote:Damn, he was the star of that episode! It's good to know that he really was supposed to be the star of the team. Many people were claiming that it was always gonna be JJ Raterick that would be the QB. Of course, the KISS did terrible this season and they cycled through four different QBs.

Still pretty heartbreaking to see the end of the episode
JJ was a backup QB at Wyoming.

The KISS later traded him to someone else (can't remember whom). I thought that was a dumb move on their part.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

tico brown wrote:Damm shame what happened to this young man. He and those Warriors teams a decade ago were pretty damm fun to watch and a great underdog that everyone could've gone for. I honestly thought that Brennan was a better QB than at least some of these backups currently playing now. But whatever happened, happened for what ever reason and its time to move on.

Hopefully he'll get his life together somehow and move on to his next chapter. I think he would be a decent coach somewhere. But whatever he does, I wish him well.
:hello1: WELL SAID TICO BROWN!...By the way, are you still coaching the "panthers"?
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

All off the field issues aside, Colt really lucked out with his NFL career. Played behind Jason Campbell in Washington the entire time and Campbell never once got hurt or replaced. Then he gets cut and then Colt gets cut, and ever since then, they've never had a solid QB. McNabb was benched halfway through the season and then Rex Grossman sucked and now RGIII gets hurt all the time and Kirk Cousins sucks too and now Colt McCoy is getting to start!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Colt McCoy's coming out party could've been Colt Brennan's right now

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Link
If you weren't able to catch the episode last year, I finally was able to get it up on YouTube

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
tico brown wrote:Damm shame what happened to this young man. He and those Warriors teams a decade ago were pretty damm fun to watch and a great underdog that everyone could've gone for. I honestly thought that Brennan was a better QB than at least some of these backups currently playing now. But whatever happened, happened for what ever reason and its time to move on.

:hello1: WELL SAID TICO BROWN!...By the way, are you still coaching the "panthers"?
Haven't coached the Panthers in 2 years. Moved back up to North Jersey last year and tried to help out a so called friend with his youth team. Lets just say that was not a good experience and I'm not coaching anything for now.