*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan/Los Angeles KISS thread ***

Post by Neighbor »

Bryant Moniz did just fine in his short time in the AFL. Colt Brennan will do just fine, as well.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I hope I didn't see what I saw but I just checked LA Kiss web site and did not see Colts name on the roster. Dang!

Maybe his injuries are too much for him to make any team. Something is wrong.

http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-f ... index.html

He is on the physically unable to perform list. I wonder what that really means? Is he still on the team or not?

That accident must have done him in. I feel for the people they ran into and injured. I pray all parties will improve every year. My guess is this was his last chance.

Colt just joined the "What could have been" list.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

It can mean just what it says. Also in the AFL world it can mean that he's a lock for a QB position and they are putting him on that status so they can bring in another player from a different position or same position for a look. Like the NFL and NCAA, there's a lot of ways to play with the rules.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

WA Warrior wrote:It can mean just what it says. Also in the AFL world it can mean that he's a lock for a QB position and they are putting him on that status so they can bring in another player from a different position or same position for a look. Like the NFL and NCAA, there's a lot of ways to play with the rules.
Interesting. Sort of like being on the injured list. What a weird way of saying that. Thanks for the correction and I hope for Colt's sake he still has a chance to make the team.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Demello did a new story this past weekend. Colt has a bad hamstring. They moved him off the active roster so they can keep him. However, if he is on the "Not Able to Physically Perform" list when the season starts, he can't play for 8 or 9 weeks (can't remember exactly). The alternative is he gets cut and looks for another team.

CBthree
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CBthree »

Just heard (REP1) Colt was cut due to poor performance/poss hammy issues. Nothing on the AFL website but a few tweets about it. Who knows....it's not like it would be national news anyhow. :/

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Well the AFL website did release this LA KISS 2014 Preview today but I'm sure that was written at least a few days in advance.

But this was also one of the headlines on the website today:

But we'll see.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Final cuts for the season will be this Saturday as the season starts the following Saturday. Good luck to Colt!

CBthree
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CBthree »

Colt has been diagnosed with possible TBI and will be released shortly; without every taking a snap in a game.

He's done....you can only be cut in so many leagues. He needs to move on to a less dangerous and more impactful (i.e. working with kids) profession. He just isn't in the mental or physical shape to play big-boy ball. Best wishes Colt.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I knew he never fully recovered from that crash. He just never quite seemed like he did in college mentally. Physically though he can still play. But a brain injury is a serious thing, so let's hope Colt finds his next career in whatever it may be.

What should investigated is how the medical doctors of the Hartford Colonials and the Saskatchewan Roughriders missed that TBI diagnosis.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =249023431

Says he has been diagonsed with TBI as part of his physical with the LA Kiss. He will get second opinion.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2492 ... ign=buffer

New report saying that his father stated that Colt's career is done.

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

Neighbor wrote: New report saying that his father stated that Colt's career is done.
This is so sad. Colt helped take Hawaii football to a National level and elevated the way opponents looked at them so much that some teams, like Michigan State, wanted no part of the Warriors. I feel badly for Colt; he was SO FUN to watch and the 2006-07 seasons were amazing! I am glad to have most of his games on tape or DVD and know that I can relive them anytime I choose, but damn, this news is just heart-breaking.

Best of luck to you, Colt, and thank you for ALL that you did for Hawaii Warrior football!!!

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Thank you Colt for being all you were to UH and Hawai'i, in my opinion, the greatest Warrior, Rainbow, and/or Rainbow Warrior. Bar None!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

One's health is the most important thing. Best wishes to Colt for a new future outside of playing football if this is the decision that must be made. I hope that you find success and a great career going forward. Thanks for the excellent memories with Warrior Football!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.