*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Colt whips bama in video game

Post by J-Rod »

VIDEO BEAT DOWN

Before a very select audience, the Warriors defeated Alabama. "We crushed 'em," UH quarterback Colt Brennan said of a video-game matchup. "But I'm sure they crushed us out there in Alabama."

The widely popular EA Sports NCAA Football '07 game was released Tuesday, and most Warriors bought copies. By Tuesday night, they played games against Alabama, the Warriors' real-life, season-opening opponent.

"They matched me up pretty good," Brennan said of his character in the game. "It looked like me. It had my black sleeves. The uniform looked good. The graphics looked good."

There were several mistakes. Starting slotbacks Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullins were aligned as wideouts. And Brennan, who led the nation in passing yards and total offense last season, is ranked as the nation's No. 56 quarterback.

Grice-Mullins said: "Hey, it gives me something to do for the rest of July. And they've got my hair and my number right."

Reach Stephen Tsai at stsai@honoluluadvertiser.com.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

I had to adjust the depth chart so Bess and Mullen would start at slot. I placed Rivers and Dickerson ahead of the two because the first two on the WR depth chart starts at wideout, and the next two at slot.

And I found this nutty formation from South Carolina's playbook. It was in one of the ACE formations, (Emory and somthing). There is only 3 down linemen, with trips stacked recievers on both sides, and the HB behind the QB. Unfortunatly I got blitzed and sacked.

Anyways sounds like they had fun.

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Hey where did you get Jason Rivers from??..is he on the 360 version or did you make him??Cause he ain't on the PS2 version.If you did make him what ratings did you give him??.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by flipen »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:Hey where did you get Jason Rivers from??..is he on the 360 version or did you make him??Cause he ain't on the PS2 version.If you did make him what ratings did you give him??.
I used the ratings UHWarrior provided from the '05 game that Rivers was in.
uhwarrior704 wrote:FYI River's attributes in NCAA 2005:

OVR - 82
SPD - 91
STR -48
AWR - 74
AGI - 87
ACC - 93
CTH - 86
CAR - 56
JMP - 91
BTK -52
TAK - 40
PBK - 44
RBK - 44
STA - 88
INJ - 88
I just bumped his AWR up a little, considering he is a JR in the R-N-S system.

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Ahh..okie dokie.Cool thanks..imma go make JR now..hehe.

poi pounder
Starter
Starter
NFL: 49ers
Location: Born in Honolulu; Raised in Wai-Kahala; Live in Northern California

Post by poi pounder »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:Ahh..okie dokie.Cool thanks..imma go make JR now..hehe.
If you guys go to http://www.psxsports.com , all you have to do is mail in your memory card and donate $4.00 and they copy ALL of the up to date D1 & D1-AA rosters, with the real names. They're usually pretty good about creating players that weren't originally on the game but are on the team in real life. Mine should be coming in today...
Hate to say it but... I want JJ back...

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I beat BYU yesterday in my first time playing this years game, I beat them 45-20 something. Davone went down for the game early. Ross Dickerson was man setting a school record for receiving yards.

In my second game today (first of my Dynasty) I Beat Bama 70-17. Dickerson was the one that went down in this one right after he made his first catch of the game which was for a TD. (so far 2 games and 2 injured WR's, I don't like that). Bess and RGM both had over 200 yards receiving, Ilaoa had over 100yds rushing but didn't get in, Mauia had 2 TD's and Colt threw for the other 8 and over 500 yards passing.

Also the WR positions are always mixed up, they've always listed everyone by overall rank which means the best guy goes left-WR then the next right-WR, next is right-slot, then left-slot. I've always had to change the order around.

uhwarrior704
Starter
Starter
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Chargers

Post by uhwarrior704 »

flipen wrote:
Flyin_Hayn wrote:Hey where did you get Jason Rivers from??..is he on the 360 version or did you make him??Cause he ain't on the PS2 version.If you did make him what ratings did you give him??.

OVR - 82
SPD - 91
STR -48
AWR - 74
AGI - 87
ACC - 93
CTH - 86
CAR - 56
JMP - 91
BTK -52
TAK - 40
PBK - 44
RBK - 44
STA - 88
INJ - 88
Hey Flipen...can't wait to see your CAPs!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Damn, I need a copy of this game!!!

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by flipen »

uhwarrior704 wrote:
flipen wrote:

OVR - 82
SPD - 91
STR -48
AWR - 74
AGI - 87
ACC - 93
CTH - 86
CAR - 56
JMP - 91
BTK -52
TAK - 40
PBK - 44
RBK - 44
STA - 88
INJ - 88
Hey Flipen...can't wait to see your CAPs!
The seven I decided to create were Jason Rivers, Amani Purcell, Mario Cox, Myron Newberry (4.3 speed, couldn't resist), Blaze Soares, Rick Taylor, and Malcolm Lane. The ratings have yet to be placed, except for Rivers.

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Hey flipen..what jersey numbers did you give Purcell,Cox,Newberry,Soares,Taylor & Lane?.BTW you should make a thread for you're CAPS..so us Warrior Fans can make these players. \:D/

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Colt Brennan Article

Post by HawaiianHogster »

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... .html#more

"I'm very confident," Brennan told Arrington. "People say I'm a cocky, arrogant guy. I'm not. I'm not. I'm just not gonna let anyone convince me that I can't be a great quarterback in this league someday."

f there's one truth for anyone who writes about the Redskins, it is this: every so often -- maybe every couple weeks, or maybe every couple days, or maybe every couple hours -- you'll get an e-mail asking about Colt Brennan's future with the organization. It's remarkable. Without a doubt, I get more e-mails about Brennan than any other single player, and I know some colleagues have said the same. This for a man who has never thrown an NFL regular-season pass.

Thus, a Brennan appearance with LaVar and Dukes is virtually a mandatory blog post, especially since he addressed the personality knock that's been increasingly bandied about lately: that he's too cocky. I can tell you for sure that Brennan has read the blog posts -- media members are "trying sometimes to discredit why I get a lot of support," he said -- and he knows that the criticism is out there.

"I'm very confident," Brennan told Arrington. "People say I'm a cocky, arrogant guy. I'm not. I'm not. I'm just not gonna let anyone convince me that I can't be a great quarterback in this league someday."

A few minutes later, Chad Dukes asked Brennan if he gets frustrated when he sees the chances given to someone like JaMarcus Russell.

"I mean, it's frustrating because when you get drafted high like that, you also get opportunities," Brennan said. "You get financial [rewards], but you also get an opportunity. And one thing is, when you get drafted late, you just have to work for that opportunity. That's the way it is in this league. You don't get the reps, you don't get the experience, you just have to really wait for your opportunity. That guy was given a great opportunity, and you wish you would have seen him do a lot more with it. So it is frustrating, and that's just something I keep hoping and waiting for, for that opportunity to come my way and for somebody really to buy in and say let's give this kid a chance."

Of course, that isn't happening this season, not with Donovan McNabb in town. Brennan spent some time training with McNabb in Arizona during the offseason, and had no illusions about what he's competing for this spring and summer.

"Right now everybody kind of knows who the starter is for our team this year, and that's obvious," he said. "I'd like to think that down the road someday, as I develop as a quarterback, that I could be a great quarterback in this league and a starter down the road, absolutely. It's not about me being a starter right now. I've got a great opportunity to show this coaching staff what the future could be."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... .html#more
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

808warrior808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Colt Brennan Article

Post by 808warrior808 »

Him getting a chance would be nice.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I've never heard of him being cocky. I wonder if the, "Cult of Colt" might have to do with the strong military influence here and in Washington DC. I know a lot of UH fans that got stationed in DC right after leaving Hawaii. It would make some sense.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

I like the reference to JaCarcus Fussell.

And Colt's response is true. JaFarcus was the #1 overall and got paid the big bucks, the Raiders HAVE to try and milk anything out of him, hence, the ridiculous amount of chances he's getting.

Too bad.