****The Official Hawai'i @ Air Force Game Thread****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ****The Official Hawai'i @ Air Force Game Thread****

Post by HawaiianHogster »

reignjah11 wrote:Before I leave I will say our d played well tonight! They kept us in the game for the most part. Tough when you're offense goes 3 n out every time. At least it wasnt blow out.
Plus they beat the spread! I don't gamble but it sure is nice to beat that spread. Two TD's is all they lost by. Hawaii had a chance the whole game to come back to win. I didn't like it when Chow took out Higgins and put in Sean. That kid took another big hit trying to show us he is the man for the job. I think he may have concussion type symptoms. Higgins needs more time behind center. I don't know what Chow was thinking when he did that. Sean hasn't won a game yet in FBS play so why would he win one now?

The sports announcers mentioned it takes more than one game to decide if Higgins can be the right QB.

I agree that our running game is so predictable it stinks. I was making the call before the play started.

For the first time we were tied at the half on an away game with an FBS/conference opponent this season.

We scored the first TD in the first QTR. Had it not been for a fumble by Joey we might have scored another TD in the second qtr.

Do we have a RB with some speed? We need a couple RB to run around the edges since we can't seem to open up holes in the middle.

When an offense is working it is exciting. When an offense does not work and they keep trying the same plays over and over again it is boring. Right now the offense is boring.

I'm not quiting on this team yet. It takes time to build a team from scratch. Next year should be better and improved.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

reignjah11 wrote:Oh we'll, go UH basketball! Beat Illinois!

Almost. It was exciting until they made the last basket. They were hot with their 3 point shooters at the end of the game. They got into a 3 point zone. 0.02 seconds slower and that 3 pointer would not have counted and UH would have won.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Tonight the Defense gave the Offense enough opportunities to win the game. The Offense started off okay .. sputtered ... couldn't adjust to what AF did... and were simply out-coached. Our Oline were bigger than AF's Defensive front and DEs.. but they still couldn't hold the fort. It's not the talent.. it's the coaching/training. This late in the season, if our WR's and Slots are still making mistakes in their routes, it's not the talent, it's the coaching/training.

And to constantly run up the middle when it's getting us nowhere is the coaching, not the talent, too.

Need I say more?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Dang, I stayed up til 1:30 am to watch this game and I feel sick . 20 something yards rushing in 2nd half, with NO, Zero, Nada, first downs In 2nd half??? Air Force doesn't attempt a pass. A crucial 3rd and 3 in 2nd half and Chow runs Joey up the middle. Good nite.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

oldhawaiiguy
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by oldhawaiiguy »

The defense looked decent. Everything else not so much. Good to see it on TV for myself.

They just don't have the athletes. With these players Jones could do little better and just have more turnovers.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

This is the sort thing I was hoping for UH....with the new Coach.....
http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2012/11 ... lebration/
http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2012/11 ... tory-bell/

Pretty good guess that Epenesa (now the starting NG) is glad he stuck it out at UCLA after being buried in the depth chart the past 2 years, while also a pretty good guess that Tepa now wishes that he should've stuck it at UCLA for this season instead of transfer to UH.

How ironic that 2 former Warrior players (Adrian Klemm & Jeff Ulbrich) are now part of the new UCLA coaching staff.....to enjoy the Bruin turnaround success.....while UH has 4 former coaches from the previous UCLA coaching staff (that obviously failed to get the job done there at Westwood).

It's deva ju for Klemm & Ulbrich.....comparing back from 1998 winless season to 1999 turnaround season under JJ. Bruins have more former Warrior players (2) as coaches then UH does currently has (1). JMHO that Coach needs to officially hire Ashley Lelie as the WR coach.