QB change please

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

which QB do you want starting this week?

Higgins
46%
Shutter
14%
Schroeder
39%

Total votes: 56

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

QB change please

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

I loved the way Higgins moved the team down the field for a score with quick passes and right decisions; I am sure it lifted the spirits of the rest of the team as well. 90℅ of any sport is mental; with emotions being a large part of it. Can the team come RUNNING out of that damned tunnel for once to start the game; instead of walking out arm in arm like faggots (Mack's word)?
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Re: QB change please

Post by glockguy »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:I loved the way Higgins moved the team down the field for a score with quick passes and right decisions; I am sure it lifted the spirits of the rest of the team as well. 90℅ of any sport is mental; with emotions being a large part of it. Can the team come RUNNING out of that damned tunnel for once to start the game; instead of walking out arm in arm like faggots (Mack's word)?

Lol @ Mack's word.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

I remember them doing that in 2006, too. (The walking thing)

So......

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Nisei wrote:I remember them doing that in 2006, too. (The walking thing)

So......
yeah, but they won 11 games. you can do whatever you want when you win 11 games.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

poidog wrote:
Nisei wrote:I remember them doing that in 2006, too. (The walking thing)

So......
yeah, but they won 11 games. you can do whatever you want when you win 11 games.
What Nisei is implying is Walking Out has nothing to do with sluggish starts.
BTW, many successful BCS schools comes out walking arm in arm, like the Warriors do.
If anyone thinks that this is the reason why they are sluggish, then are greatly fooled!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

To suggest that the woes of the team A) lies strictly on the shoulders of the QB, and B) that a change at the position will eliminate the woes - is laughable.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I like Higgins but figure Coach Chow knows better than me,
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:I loved the way Higgins moved the team down the field for a score with quick passes and right decisions; I am sure it lifted the spirits of the rest of the team as well. 90℅ of any sport is mental; with emotions being a large part of it. Can the team come RUNNING out of that damned tunnel for once to start the game; instead of walking out arm in arm like faggots (Mack's word)?
Yep against FSU's scout team.
ImageImage

Hawkpeter
Starter
Starter

Post by Hawkpeter »

I needed my laugh for the day.

Link

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote: What Nisei is implying is Walking Out has nothing to do with sluggish starts.
BTW, many successful BCS schools comes out walking arm in arm, like the Warriors do.
If anyone thinks that this is the reason why they are sluggish, then are greatly fooled!
That was my point. When you win, no one questions anything. When you lose, people start questioning things. When you get your butt kicked every game, people question EVERYTHING. that's what I was saying.

Personally, I don't think there's any reason for their slow start other than the offense just being impotent and predictable. They come out trying to establish the run, but it doesn't exactly work and they end up facing 2nd and long and 3rd and long, and they end up having to punt. It seems like they mix it up a little more as the game goes on and they find some sort of a rhythm somewhere in the middle of the game, but by then the game has passed them by. I think they might have some earlier success if they spread the field a little bit with bubble screens, swing passes, shovel passes, and quick passes in general - something to keep the defense on its toes and something that keeps Schroeder from being hit. Something to build some early confidence for the offense and to keep them out of the quicksand.

Makiki Hustle
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Makiki Hustle »

poidog wrote:I think they might have some earlier success if they spread the field a little bit with bubble screens, swing passes, shovel passes, and quick passes in general - something to keep the defense on its toes and something that keeps Schroeder from being hit. Something to build some early confidence for the offense and to keep them out of the quicksand.
I definately agree. You should call in to the show tonight and mention this to Coach Chow, to hear how he responds! I would very much like to hear his thoughts on this.

808havok
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808havok »

just finished watching the coach's weekly press conference on youtube. seems like they are doing what they can with the personnel they have while still trying to run his offense.

he also gave an example of a play to the reporters where it was all on the o-line, specifically the center but schroeder gets the blame because we saw a qb running away from his protection.

chow said they called a "50" protection which involved moving the pocket to the left. schroeder at the snap went to the left per the call. the o-line went RIGHT. no protection on a weakside blitz and boom schroder goes down. but we as fans don't know what protection was called and who's fault it was (it was the center who thought he saw strong-side blitz so he moved line to the right on that play).

there really is a LOT broken right now. schroeder apparently isn't one of them according to chow. no qb controversy.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

808havok wrote:
there really is a LOT broken right now.
right, like trying to run a dinosaur offense on a team with precisely ZERO personnel to run it.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Yep.. you put the wrong person in the wrong place and make him do things he's not accustomed to or prepared for, he'll get hurt. You put the right person in the right place and make him do things he's not accustomed to or prepared for, and he'll get hurt. Like getting all right-handed players and giving them left-handed equipment.

You put the right person in the right place and make him do things he's accustomed to and prepared for and he does well... UNLESS he's expected to carry the whole dang team!

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

808havok wrote:just finished watching the coach's weekly press conference on youtube. seems like they are doing what they can with the personnel they have while still trying to run his offense.

he also gave an example of a play to the reporters where it was all on the o-line, specifically the center but schroeder gets the blame because we saw a qb running away from his protection.

chow said they called a "50" protection which involved moving the pocket to the left. schroeder at the snap went to the left per the call. the o-line went RIGHT. no protection on a weakside blitz and boom schroder goes down. but we as fans don't know what protection was called and who's fault it was (it was the center who thought he saw strong-side blitz so he moved line to the right on that play).

there really is a LOT broken right now. schroeder apparently isn't one of them according to chow. no qb controversy.
I find it hard to believe that everyone but Schroeder suddenly forgot how to play football, and no one's been able to figure out how to play after 8 games. Whether or not it was Schroeder or didn't his job or if it was the O-line is almost moot at this point - the bottom line is that what they are trying to do just isn't working. Maybe the O-line will respond better to a different QB? Coaches like to make like the game is infinitely complicated, especially when defending themselves from critics and angry fans. There are 11 players on offense, but the one who impacts the game the most is the QB, so why not give another QB a try and see what happens? Why not see if the other 10 players respond differently to someone else? And if it doesn't work, what's the big deal? Will we lose by 50 instead of 40?