*** Official Marcus Mariota Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Re: *** Official Marcus Mariota Thread ***

Post by BullNuts808 »

reignjah11 wrote:
BullNuts808 wrote:Congrats Marcus!! U deserve all those awards. I really really hope I'm wrong but I just cant see Oregon beating FSU. I rooting for the Ducks but got my money on the Seminoles. I hope I lose my money........I mean it.
Hope you didn't lose too much money...jk lol
lol don't care!! Was worth it!! Hell Yeah! Certainly glad it went this way instead of FSU & Bama in the finale. People definitely hating in Bama lol (see link) it's hilarious.

http://youtu.be/t3L5aDO_uF8

Oh and Florida

FSU Player Says Cars Keyed and Tires Slashed in Tallahassee After Rose Bowl Loss http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2317 ... -bowl-loss?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Oregon loses another wr in Carrington. Sucks to lose him but Oregon has proven they are resilient. Should be a good game, the key will be if Oregon can contain Ohio St's running game. Go ducks!
Last edited by reignjah11 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Looking forward to a great game today! Good luck Marcus and DeForest! Go ducks!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Should be a good game, the key will be if Oregon can contain Ohio St's running game.

That was tough to watch...Elliot and Jones ran all over the ducks! Also oregon offense didnt capitalize on the turnovers, couldn't get the run game going. Marcus played a great game though. His passing was on point tonight, couple key drops from his wrs early in the game killed their momentum.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Skip and Stephen A are a joke! Watching their post show, they said Marcus got exposed. WTF were watching?! Marcus played an amazing game tonight, like i said his throws were on point tonight. Then they started showing his incompletions and most of them came at the end of the gm when oregon was in desperation! That int in the end shouldn't even count! Oregon couldn't establish a run game but that does NOT mean its Marcus's fault!

And on top of all this, Marcus was without Addison, Allen, Carrington, Brown...those are Oregon's top wrs and TE!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Anything Hawaii-related that wears white/silver jerseys in January is doomed to die.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

J-Rod wrote:Anything Hawaii-related that wears white/silver jerseys in January is doomed to die.
Speaking about hawaii, they gotta play @ Ohio st next year! :lol: :o :-({|=

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

reignjah11 wrote:Skip and Stephen A are a joke! Watching their post show, they said Marcus got exposed. WTF were watching?! Marcus played an amazing game tonight, like i said his throws were on point tonight. Then they started showing his incompletions and most of them came at the end of the gm when oregon was in desperation! That int in the end shouldn't even count! Oregon couldn't establish a run game but that does NOT mean its Marcus's fault!

And on top of all this, Marcus was without Addison, Allen, Carrington, Brown...those are Oregon's top wrs and TE!
They're talking about NFL potential. I was telling my friends before the game that I don't think Mariota is that accurate. He gets to throw to some wide open receivers. That doesn't happen much in the NFL. Mariota has got to complete passes when the other team knows he needs to throw. That's what happened at the later parts of the game. The window to complete an NFL pass is a lot smaller than in college. He needs to place the ball perfectly when a DB is draped all over the receiver. I haven't seen him be able to do that, I've seen him complete a lot of passes when there is not anyone within 5 yards of the receiver . I hope he makes it in the NFL but if I was a team, not sure I would draft him before the third round. The argument about the top receivers not being there is moot. They're talking about can he throw guys open, not just throw to open guys.
ImageImage

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Irse wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:Skip and Stephen A are a joke! Watching their post show, they said Marcus got exposed. WTF were watching?! Marcus played an amazing game tonight, like i said his throws were on point tonight. Then they started showing his incompletions and most of them came at the end of the gm when oregon was in desperation! That int in the end shouldn't even count! Oregon couldn't establish a run game but that does NOT mean its Marcus's fault!

They're talking about NFL potential. I was telling my friends before the game that I don't think Mariota is that accurate. He gets to throw to some wide open receivers. That doesn't happen much in the NFL. Mariota has got to complete passes when the other team knows he needs to throw. That's what happened at the later parts of the game. The window to complete an NFL pass is a lot smaller than in college. He needs to place the ball perfectly when a DB is draped all over the receiver. I haven't seen him be able to do that, I've seen him complete a lot of passes when there is not anyone within 5 yards of the receiver . I hope he makes it in the NFL but if I was a team, not sure I would draft him before the third round. The argument about the top receivers not being there is moot. They're talking about can he throw guys open, not just throw to open guys.
I agree Mariota has got to work on his accuracy. But i was just talking about this game. It doesnt help when 3 of his 4 wrs he had to throw to...Lowe (5'9"), Nelson (5'9"), Marshall (5'10") are under 6 feet! Guys like Allen (6'0"), Carrington (6'2"), and Brown (6'6") to go along with Stanford (6'5") would have gave Marcus a bigger target to throw to.

But youre right though. If he is to succeed in the nfl, he has to make those passes in tight coverage! The nfl is a passing league, hes not gonna last running as much as he did at oregon.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

reignjah11 wrote:
Irse wrote:

I agree Mariota has got to work on his accuracy. But i was just talking about this game. It doesnt help when 3 of his 4 wrs he had to throw to...Lowe (5'9"), Nelson (5'9"), Marshall (5'10") are under 6 feet! Guys like Allen (6'0"), Carrington (6'2"), and Brown (6'6") to go along with Stanford (6'5") would have gave Marcus a bigger target to throw to.

But youre right though. If he is to succeed in the nfl, he has to make those passes in tight coverage! The nfl is a passing league, hes not gonna last running as much as he did at oregon.
I agree that it would be a much different game if he had his top receivers.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

If guys like Mathew Stafford and Joe Flacco can be superstars in the NFL, then Marcus Mariota is gonna be amazing...barring injury of course. Apparently, accuracy really doesn't matter in the NFL. A big offensive line and a good running game do wonders for an NFL quarterback. Let's hope Mariota gets one of those.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

SundayJam wrote:If guys like Mathew Stafford and Joe Flacco can be superstars in the NFL, then Marcus Mariota is gonna be amazing...barring injury of course. Apparently, accuracy really doesn't matter in the NFL. A big offensive line and a good running game do wonders for an NFL quarterback. Let's hope Mariota gets one of those.
Accuracy matters

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Don't mess this kid up: The perils of coaching up the next great quarterback

David Steele, Sporting News
February 25, 2015

© Brian Spurlock/USA TODAY Sports Oregon Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota throws a pass during the 2015 NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium
on Feb. 21, 2015. Brian Spurlock/USA TODAY Sports

Ken Herock remembers when the Falcons didn’t know how to make Brett Favre better.

“We couldn’t coach him in Atlanta. He goes to Green Bay, gets with Mike Holmgren, and they could coach him,’’ Herock, who worked in NFL front offices for nearly 40 years, said with a laugh. “‘He doesn’t fit the run-and-shoot system,’ they said.” He paused, then added, “Bullcrap.”

Not much has changed since 1992, when Herock was the Falcons player personnel director and they gave up on Favre after one year. Some quarterbacks are more ready physically, mentally and emotionally for the NFL than others. The scrutiny of James Winston and Marcus Mariota, the cream of this year’s crop, centers on those very issues.

But once they arrive, their fates largely rest on how they’re coached.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

CBthree
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CBthree »

Let's hope he's smarter and more successful than our resident professional flop Colt Brennan who completely embarrassed the 808 post-UH! I'm thinking Mariota goes number two to the Titans. Mahalo.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

CBthree wrote:Let's hope he's smarter and more successful than our resident professional flop Colt Brennan who completely embarrassed the 808 post-UH! I'm thinking Mariota goes number two to the Titans. Mahalo.
Did Colt take your girlfriend or something? Give it a rest already.