Battlefield 3

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Battlefield 3

Post by Kailuaboy »

Electronic Arts Confirms Battlefield 3 In Development

Posted by Patrick Klepek
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:40 AM

Criterion Games working on a Need For Speed game wasn't the only surprising bit of news that Electronic Arts chief operating office John Pleasants tucked into his presentation at the William Blair Growth Stock Conference I listened to today. Pleasants confirmed he's seen DICE's work on Battlefield 3.

"I've had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product," he said. "Of course, that's not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good."

Gamers worried that Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield 1943 were a three-pronged answer to fans demanding a third Battlefield don't have to worry. Battlefield 3 is coming!

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69641 ... pment.html
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by xer 21 »

looks pretty good, but seriously, we need to ditch WWII. its getting stale. what about Korea or vietnam?
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

There's A Battlefield 3 Beta Invite In Your Medal Of Honor Limited Edition

By Mike Fahey
Jul 30, 2010 02:20 PM

EA sweetens the deal for players picking up the limited edition of the modern-day Medal of Honor reboot on October 12, with a beta invite for DICE's highly anticipated Battlefield 3 in every package.

We've heard nary a peep regarding Battlefield 3 since EA COO John Pleasants mentioned it back in June of 2009. All we've known since then is that the game is in development.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

i hope BF3 goes back to where 2142 went.

targets.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Battlefield 3!

Post by xer 21 »

targets.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Re: Battlefield 3!

Post by krazychinaman »

I like DICE and all but they really need to make classes more customizable...then just 4 classes.......also hope this dont disappoint like MOH....and PLZ...get away for the BC feel...

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Battlefield 3!

Post by xer 21 »

krazychinaman wrote:I like DICE and all but they really need to make classes more customizable...then just 4 classes.......also hope this dont disappoint like MOH....and PLZ...get away for the BC feel...
well, since this is a direct sequel to the pc only battlefield 2, im assuming its going to be a much more comprehensive experience. BF2 on pc had if i rmeber correctly, 7 classes. assault, medic, spec ops, sniper, engineer, anti tank and support. and they were very customizable. that said, i prefer having the lmg's NOT have unlimited ammo as they did in BF2.

and i think MOH flopped because they were trying to meld in MW2 with BF. not happening, DICE!

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Battlefield 3 ships Fall 2011 -- includes jets, prone, and 64 player multiplayer!

By: H Brun
Feb 04, 2011, 12:00AM

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Official Battlefield 3 website.

=========================================================

Last edited by Kailuaboy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

i like all of it except the prone. i loved not having prone in BC2. it forced snipers to camp less and generally made for a more interesting battle. although im fine aslong as they dont put the prone dependency they had in BF2 (ak, you're not hitting anything farther than 10 yards away without going prone) on anything but the lmgs. and im all for regenerating health. otherwise, its going to be Sniperfield 3. hell as much as i loved BF2, i saw more useless snipers (aka, the ones that camp and dont hit anyone) in BF2 sometimes even more than i did in the beginning of BC2.

targets.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

I loved the battlefield series but be honest im not a fan of the frost bite engine....it just dont feel right compare to other engine out there....

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

DICE Interview: Building Battlefield 3

Feature by Ben Hanson
February 11, 2011 at 07:59 AM

On our recent trip to Sweden, we sat down and talked to DICE's General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson about the company's approach to creating the long-awaited sequel to Battlefield 2. A lot has happened over the last six years, and in the first video Karl-Magnus explains what the company has been up to and why 2011 is the perfect time to release Battlefield 3.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Watching A Battlefield 3 Kurdistan Firefight

Brian Crecente
Feb 23, 2011 7:37 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2P ... l/fb/xVcVT[/youtube]

Battlefield 3 looks to be a gritty, darker version of the Battlefields we've played in the past, judging by these first public glimpses of the upcoming shooter from Electronic Arts.

The new video shows in-game footage of U.S. Marines taking on hostile PLR forces in Iraqi Kurdistan. We've seen the game in action and will have full impressions next week.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Slo-mo version of gameplay trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3VJK1BK ... r_embedded[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:i like all of it except the prone. i loved not having prone in BC2. it forced snipers to camp less and generally made for a more interesting battle. although im fine aslong as they dont put the prone dependency they had in BF2 (ak, you're not hitting anything farther than 10 yards away without going prone) on anything but the lmgs. and im all for regenerating health. otherwise, its going to be Sniperfield 3. hell as much as i loved BF2, i saw more useless snipers (aka, the ones that camp and dont hit anyone) in BF2 sometimes even more than i did in the beginning of BC2.
I also liked not having prone in BC2, but I hardly think that made snipers camp less. I'd say the majority of guys playing the Recon class equipped with sniper rifles camped their okoles far back from the action or up on a hill. The flow of most matches are kinda fast-paced anyways so not having prone isn't really that big of a deal.

In BF2, your accuracy generally increased from a crouched or prone position. I would be in a prone position when defending a flag, otherwise I'd be running around trying to cap a flag.
ImageImageImageImage