Battlefield 3

Discuss computer software and hardware information, along with the latest pc and console gaming news.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

or

Sorry, found more cool sigs. Can't decide which one to use. :lol:
Last edited by Kailuaboy on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

kopcap2012
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kopcap2012 »

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:
Kailuaboy wrote:
xer 21 wrote:yeah, played a few rounds with him the other night..

on 64 player is an explosive spam fest, but on 32, it seemed much better. and the server had an 785 ticket count, so in almost every game, the enemy was able to recap B or wee were able to take B back, and so on.
I've played Operation Metro on both 32 and 64-player servers and they're both ridiculous. I'm not sure, but I think the Russian side is closer to Flag B. On one match (Russian side) we got and held Flag B and the match was over in no time. The next round the other team got to Flag B first, but we eventually (I have no idea how) captured the flag and pushed the other team back.

The amount of ordanance being fired from both sides is mindblowing especially indoors in a confined space. :o I don't think any other map has that scenario take place.
the russian side is about 50 yards closer.

but...

I have never failed to cap B first as the US side, and i think its because people from the russian side get hung up vaulting over the turnstiles they have to jump over to get to B.

and on the 875 ticket server, there is so much time that B ALWAYS got retaken by the other side at least once.
Oh man, I played on a mixed-mode server over the weekend and 64-player Operation Metro Conquest is beyond ridiculous. :o :roll: :o On the first match, (US side) the other team captured Flag B first, but we eventually pushed them back and captured Flag B, but it took almost the whole match. On the next match, (Russian side) we captured and held onto Flag B the entire match and held on for the win. Man, the constant firing of SMAW / RPG's by both sides mixed in with the gunfire and grenades going off is totally insane. :leftfighter3:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Battlefield 3 PC Update 11/22 Includes New Squad interface, Battlelog features, server abilities

Posted by Administrator
November 22, 2011 at 1:30 AM

We will soon publish a major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms. The update will be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST. We’ll share release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on the timing, these take a bit longer due to console certification process.

As always, if you have any feedback or want to discuss these changes head to the Battlelog forums. We appreciate your feedback!

NOTE:
Battlefield 3 will have a scheduled down time on Nov 22 between 07:00-09:00 AM UTC,during which you will not be able to play the game.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Maximum Interview: We Talk Battlefield 3 with a Navy SEAL

Posted 11/11/2011 at 11:37am
by Gordon Mah Ung

Video games, like movies, are more about entertainment than realism. Yet game developers spend an inordinate amount of time modeling weapons, recording the sound from actual weapon systems and calculating how much damage a bullet should do. Since firearms are such a big part of first person shooters, we wanted to get the low down on the current state of firearms in video games and how they rate in real life.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

the new squad system, i kinda like it. it lets me squad up with friends real easy.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:the new squad system, i kinda like it. it lets me squad up with friends real easy.
Yeah, it's a lot better now, but every so often the game won't let me join a squad that's not full / locked. The Join squad button doesn't show up. :roll: :o :roll:

BTW, I could use help with the CO-OP missions. I'm really not amused that the last Engineer unlock weapon requires a 378000 CO-OP score. :evil:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Battlefield 3 Tweak Guide

10 November 2011

My Battlefield 3 Tweak Guide is now available on GeForce.com.

http://www.tweakguides.com/newsarch.html
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

Kailuaboy wrote:
xer 21 wrote:the new squad system, i kinda like it. it lets me squad up with friends real easy.
Yeah, it's a lot better now, but every so often the game won't let me join a squad that's not full / locked. The Join squad button doesn't show up. :roll: :o :roll:

BTW, I could use help with the CO-OP missions. I'm really not amused that the last Engineer unlock weapon requires a 378000 CO-OP score. :evil:
shoots, i do too. i need the M39. sometime this week, lets do it.

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:shoots, i do too. i need the M39. sometime this week, lets do it.
Oh no! You've turned to the dark side! Don't tell me you've become a bush wookie! :o :lol: :o

Anyways, I'll try to get online a little bit earlier during weeknights. I have to talk kinda loud into the mic on my headset so late night sessions wouldn't work in my house. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

no, i dont really snipe. i like using the semi auto rifles in close to medium range, lik 60 meters and under. im finding that the spawn beacon is very useful after playing with a recon that really helped us win a few games, so i tried it out.

i usually go Mk11/SVD with either acog, or more commonly, no optics.

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Okay, that sounds like a good strategy. I'm trying to decide which kit to play next (Assault or Recon) when I feel like taking a break from my Engineer / Support habit. Most of my deaths from snipers are the long-range kills. When I come across a sniper up close, I usually get the kill unless the sneaky sniper sees me first. I kinda wanna play with some of the Recon's toys, but I'm not sure I'll have the patience to unlock them. :lol:

Anyways, this change would have to be on Rush Mode, since I could not play a Conquest map and not want to destroy vehicles with my "little bundles of joy" or trusty rocket launcher. \:D/
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

the other option, is you could always try recon with a shotgun or PDW's. get up close, stay close, and use the TUGS and radio beacon to really help your team out up close.

targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Huh, never thought of using the PDW or shotguns for the Recon kit. I'd of course be using the Radio Beacon and TUGS to help out my squad and team. I've yet to use any PDW unlocks so this could be a reason to finally use them. :leftfighter3:
ImageImageImageImage